Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pakistan mocks Bush

Pakistan mocks Bush

first off we have stood by this crook, giving him 10Bil a year in aid

despite the fact that he likely has Bin Ladin in his borders

Rice and Bush begs this creep not to declare marshall law, he does it.

Rice and Bush send the old prime minster back, she gets attacked upon arrival.

this is a disgrace, even by the low standards of PNAC neo-con thinking

this guy disolved the supreme court right before it was about to declare his military dicatorship unconstitutional

and this is our ally in the war on terror?

Pakistan pisses on our back and doesn't even bother to lie and tell us it's raining.

really poor job by Bush, what else is new.

Maybe we should invade? That is what Obama wants!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2198503]Maybe we should invade? That is what Obama wants![/QUOTE]

No, Obama does not want to invade. What Obama favors is not asking Musharraf's permission to bomb AQ sites within Pakistan if we get intel. That is different than "invading."

That said, I can;t really quibble with Bush continuing to stand by Musharraf. The alternative is letting a nuke state where the populace is virulently anti-U.S. hold free elections. Not such a good outcome, in all likelihood.

What I can quibble with is Bush continuing to paint the war on terror as some big democratic crusade for greater freedom. It is not. In Pakistan, our aid is being used to actively surpress free elections in order to increase our own security. Which is fine, given the alternative, I guess.

Just don't insult our intelligence with any more lines about "the armies of freedom are on the march," or similar nonsense.
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 11-06-2007 at 02:57 PM.

You are still bombing a soverign nation, are you not. Plus you are giving the Islamist a reason to overthrow the govt.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2198551]You are still bombing a soverign nation, are you not. Plus you are giving the Islamist a reason to overthrow the govt.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a soveirgn nation. So was Iraq. I am simply pointing out that you didn't describe his proposal correctly.

As far as whether it gives the Islamists motivation to overthrow the government, you could actually argue that a little tension with the U.S. could bolster Musharraf with the Islamic extremists, in an "enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of way." Think about it: We take out some AQs (good for us), he gets to talk tough to the US about violating his borders (good for him politically).

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    This is a really bad situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;2198668]This is a really bad situation.[/QUOTE]

You think?

If Pakistan is allowed to have ACTUAL REAL elections...guess who they are going to vote in?

Probably some crazed Islamic extremist.

And they already have nukes.

This should turn out real swell.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2198851]You think?

If Pakistan is allowed to have ACTUAL REAL elections...guess who they are going to vote in?

Probably some crazed Islamic extremist.

And they already have nukes.

This should turn out real swell.[/QUOTE]

No one could have seen this coming:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2198981]No one could have seen this coming:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why worry? President Clinton's magic Diplomacy (her favorite word in the debates) will solve everything. Shes said so herself.

Of course, I'll be real interested to see what she actually means, in terms of actual actions, when she says "Diplomacy" 457,921 times to every question asked of her.

I don;t know why, but everytime I hear her say it, I get flashbacks of the movie "A Princess Bride":

"I don't think that word means what you think it means".

[QUOTE=Warfish;2198993]Why worry? President Clinton's magic Diplomacy (her favorite word in the debates) will solve everything. Shes said so herself.

Of course, I'll be real interested to see what she actually means, in terms of actual actions, when she says "Diplomacy" 457,921 times to every question asked of her.

I don;t know why, but everytime I hear her say it, I get flashbacks of the movie "A Princess Bride":

"I don't think that word means what you think it means".[/QUOTE]

God I hope not.
    I absolutely detest Hillary Clinton and dont think she has the savvy or skill to deal with a Pakistani crisis.

But you are right Fish. Diplomacy has no role in this mess. The only solution is to invade Pakistan, overthrow their government and set up a pro-western model democracy that wil be allied with the USA in the WOT while occupying that country for 50-100 years to ensure the safety of those nukes.

Hall Of Fame
    pakistan has nukes, which is why their governments stability is extremely important, and we can't bomb them, and need them as an ally

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2199003]God I hope not.
    I absolutely detest Hillary Clinton and dont think she has the savvy or skill to deal with a Pakistani crisis.

But you are right Fish. Diplomacy has no role in this mess. The only solution is to invade Pakistan, overthrow their government and set up a pro-western model democracy that wil be allied with the USA in the WOT while occupying that country for 50-100 years to ensure the safety of those nukes.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the "Obama Plan" in action!

No, no invasion. And Diplomacy (talking to our enemies and friends to get what we want, at costs less than War) does indeed have it's place. A Vital place matter of fact.

But really, Ms. Clinton's "I'll use Dip-lo-maaaaaacy" answer to every question, without ANY detail as to what she actually means, IS somewhat humourous.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2199172]Ah, the "Obama Plan" in action!

No, no invasion. And Diplomacy (talking to our enemies and friends to get what we want, at costs less than War) does indeed have it's place. A Vital place matter of fact.

But really, Ms. Clinton's "I'll use Dip-lo-maaaaaacy" answer to every question, without ANY detail as to what she actually means, IS somewhat humourous.[/QUOTE]

Come on, Warfish. That is not Obama's position, and you know it.

His position is not asking Pakistan's permission to take out AQ camps on Pakistan's side of the border it doesn't control if we have intel specific enough to act on. I do not think we need permission to go after the folks who actually planned and funded 9/11, do you?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;2199172]Ah, the "Obama Plan" in action!

But really, Ms. Clinton's "I'll use Dip-lo-maaaaaacy" answer to every question, without ANY detail as to what she actually means, IS somewhat humourous.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/conservativearts/Obama%20Nation.jpg[/IMG]

Who cares about Pakistan, we are Hate Iran.

[QUOTE=cr726;2199717]Who cares about Pakistan, we are Hate Iran.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?
    We will bring democracy to both nations! Freedom and democracy for everyone.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2199376]Come on, Warfish. That is not Obama's position, and you know it.

His position is not asking Pakistan's permission to take out AQ camps on Pakistan's side of the border it doesn't control if we have intel specific enough to act on. I do not think we need permission to go after the folks who actually planned and funded 9/11, do you?[/QUOTE]

Invasion of another Nation is invasion. If he were in say, Russia, would you feel the same? Mexico? The UK or Germany?

No, of course you wouldn't. I would have hoped for better from you nuu, but the hypocricy is really quite stunning, whine endlessly (does the left) about so-called "illegal invasions", yet you (and they) seem to have no quams about a millitary invastion of a nuke holding Pakistan? Really?

Do I want Osama Bin Laden dead? Yes. Do I want to make an already very bad situation for the US Worse, and open up yet another front of warfare? Hell no. No invading Iran, no invading Pakistan, not unless one of them is literally about to launch a Nuclear strike, or can be proven to some legitmate degree to be giving nukes to terrorists. And then I do not invade and occupy, I invade and obliterate. Period. **** hearts and mind.

But invading Pakistan now, to get an apparently no-longer-relevant OBL? Yes, I want him dead as much as anyone, but not at that cost.

Here's my guess-
    Bhutto will appear to put pressure on Mushariff to reinstate the constitution and give up his military position. She will appear to be the voice of reason. Mushariff and Bhutto will share power as was already planned. Europe and the US will be happy with the results.

not surprising that people in this thread would rather talk about what Clinton or Obama would do rather than what Bush will do.

the guy is still the President, last i checked

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2200271]not surprising that people in this thread would rather talk about what Clinton or Obama would do rather than what Bush will do.

the guy is still the President, last i checked[/QUOTE]

not surprising a lunatic leftist like yourself claims the present situation in Pakistan is a mocking of GWB.....