Thread: Peace Protestors celebrate return of troops....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Peace Protestors celebrate return of troops....

[QUOTE][B]One arrested as Olympia police use batons to clear war protesters
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS[/B]

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Police used batons to clear roads around the Port of Olympia and made one arrest during an anti-war protest in which demonstrators tried to block military convoys.

More than 100 people chanted slogans, some protesters tried to run in front of the convoys and others dumped garbage on roads Wednesday night to try to halt the transport of gear for an Army Stryker brigade that recently returned to nearby Fort Lewis from Iraq.

The demonstrations organized by Olympia Port Militarization Resistance began in relatively calm but rose in intensity as the night wore on, and police kept their use of force to a minimum, Cmdr. Tor Bjornstad said.

"We do everything at the lowest level possible," Bjornstad said. "We've had officers spit on tonight. I'm very impressed by the restraint used by the officers tonight. They've had to put up with an awful lot."

Some demonstrators disagreed.

"People were shoved back to the sidewalk. I was shoved across my collarbone with a billy club," said Allie Van Nostran, 18, an Evergreen State College student.

Also present but at a different corner of an intersection outside the port were about two dozen people who said they wanted to show support for the military.

"We all want it to be peaceful, said Teresa LaBouff of Olympia, whose brother died in Iraq in January 2006. "It's a celebration. It's a homecoming. That's what its all about."

Nearly 40 people were arrested in 10 days of protests in May 2006 when the equipment of the same Stryker brigade was loaded onto a ship in Olympia for transport to Iraq. All charges were later dropped because of problems with documents related to the case.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_wa_port_protest.html[/url]

how soon before the first pictures of these peace loving leftists burning American soldiers in effigy or taking a dump on the US flag hit the internet???

The lefties have a strange way of showing their support for the troops.

I wonder if cute perky Katie will show this on the news tonight?

People were shoved back to the sidewalk. I was shoved across my collarbone with a billy club," said Allie Van Nostran, 18, an Evergreen State College student

Gee Allie thats all, I would have aimed a little higher. Like your mouth!

I don't understand why peace protestors attack the troops. It really doesn't make any sense to me. Picket outside the Pentagon or the White House, but dumping garbage and blocking the path of a convoy of troops returning home baffles me.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Shocking!!!

A rowdy peace march at EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE.

who would have thunk it?!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buster;2203612]Shocking!!!

liberal "peace protestors" once again attacking American troops.

who would have thunk it?![/QUOTE]

fixed....