Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giuliani Ally Kerik Reported Indicted

Giuliani Ally Kerik Reported Indicted

Kerik is a true embarrassment and yet Rudy kept taking care of him.

[QUOTE]Giuliani ally Kerik reported indicted in New York By Christine Kearney
    Thu Nov 8, 7:42 PM ET
    Bernard Kerik, a former New York police commissioner and protege of Republican presidential front-runner Rudy Giuliani, was indicted on corruption charges on Thursday, media reported, in a potential embarrassment for Giuliani's campaign.

[B]Kerik, 52, and Giuliani, the former New York mayor, were also business partners and, with Giuliani's backing, Kerik was nominated by President George W. Bush in 2004 to be secretary of Homeland Security.[/B]

Kerik later withdrew his name from nomination after admitting he failed to pay taxes on a nanny and other embarrassing disclosures about his personal life surfaced.

WABC television reported that a law enforcement official said Kerik was expected to surrender on Friday in Westchester County, just north of New York City, where a federal grand jury was investigating his finances and business dealings while on the city payroll.

WNBC television said on its Web site that Kerik would be arraigned on Friday.

Prosecutors planned to accuse Kerik of trying to influence a probe of a contractor with suspected links to organized crime, other local media reported. The New York Times had reported on Wednesday that federal prosecutors would seek an indictment.

Kerik's attorney, Kenneth Breen, was not immediately available for comment.

[B]Giuliani served as Kerik's longtime mentor, promoting the former police detective to a series of positions, including the chief of city jails.[/B]
    Kerik was police commissioner in 2000 and 2001 and stood by Giuliani's side after the September 11 attacks.

Giuliani, addressing a news conference in Dubuque, Iowa, on Thursday, responded briefly to questions about the expected indictment, which could tarnish public perceptions of Giuliani's judgment and choice of trusted colleagues.

[B]"In that particular case, I pointed out I made a mistake," the former mayor said. "I made a mistake in not clearing him effectively and I take responsibility for that. When you are mayor of New York, you make 100,000 decisions. Some of them you make wrong."[/B]

ELECTION ISSUE?

The indictment of the longtime member of Giuliani's inner circle could prove costly to the Republican's presidential bid if his opponents seize the opportunity and make a case against the former mayor, said Democratic political strategist Hank Sheinkopf.

"Kerik can certainly become a general election issue, and even a primary issue, but someone has got to make that happen," Sheinkopf said. "Just the fact that it happened is not going to change the dynamic of the election."

[B]After leaving the police force in 2001 at the end of Giuliani's stint as mayor, Kerik joined his consulting firm, Giuliani Partners, and became a partner in the company's security arm, Giuliani-Kerik. He later formed his own security consultancy, the Kerik Group.[/B]

Kerik was appointed to Iraq after the 2003 invasion, where he trained local police and was named interim interior minister in the U.S.-led provisional government after the fall of Saddam Hussein.

Kerik pleaded guilty last year to state charges of accepting $165,000 on apartment renovations from a construction company that was attempting to land city contracts and which authorities were investigating for links to organized crime.

(Reporting by Christine Kearney, Daniel Trotta and Ellen Wulfhorst; Editing by Michelle Nichols and Peter Cooney)[/QUOTE]

LOL i thought this was going to be a thread about sackdance

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2203002]Kerik is a true embarrassment and yet Rudy kept taking care of him.[/QUOTE]

Of all people, you shouldn't be calling anyone else a scumbag. Look in the mirror, boss!

Veteran
    I thought it would be about Bernie Williams (Yankees centerfield)

Go figure!!

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2203111]Of all people, you shouldn't be calling anyone else a scumbag. Look in the mirror, boss![/QUOTE]

So you think Bernie Kerik is a model citizen? Do you hope your children grow up an be like Bernie Kerik?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2203137]So you think Bernie Kerik is a model citizen? Do you hope your children grow up an be like Bernie Kerik?[/QUOTE]

HYPERBOLE ALERT

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2203137]So you think Bernie Kerik is a model citizen? Do you hope your children grow up an be like Bernie Kerik?[/QUOTE]

Where did I say anything like that? Stop defending your boy CR.

Are you that arrogant? I can look in the mirror and know I am not a lying thief who uses my occupation to take bribes.
    You wouldn't know me if you stood next to me. You are an arrogant fool.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2203111]Of all people, you shouldn't be calling anyone else a scumbag. Look in the mirror, boss![/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2203323]Are you that arrogant? I can look in the mirror and know I am not a lying thief who uses my occupation to take bribes.
    You wouldn't know me if you stood next to me. You are an arrogant fool.[/QUOTE]
    Yet you call others "racist" from behind the safety of your keyboard, internet tough guy. Stay classy.

Jets Insider VIP

[IMG]http://www.irishroundtable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/cannes-bud-radio.jpg[/IMG]

We salute you, HD.

[QUOTE=cr726;2203002]Kerik is a true embarrassment and yet Rudy kept taking care of him.[/QUOTE]

Yet Hitlery's friends aren't?

CBTNY's posts show his feelings about anyone different than him. You agree with everything he says, you are guilty by association.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2203333]Yet you call others "racist" from behind the safety of your keyboard, internet tough guy. Stay classy.[/QUOTE]

The two wrongs make a right argument.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2203385]Yet Hitlery's friends aren't?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2203740]The two wrongs make a right argument.[/QUOTE]

No, it's the ignore Democrat scandals and focus on Republican scandals argument.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2203773]No, it's the ignore Democrat scandals and focus on Republican scandals argument.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought it was the ignore Republican scandals and focus on Democrat scandals argument.

I just can never seem to tell those two apart. Its almost as if BOTH sides are retarded.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2203782]Oh, I thought it was the ignore Republican scandals and focus on Democrat scandals argument.

I just can never seem to tell those two apart. Its almost as if BOTH sides are retarded.[/QUOTE]

What Republican scandal have you ever seen ignored by the criminal liberal media?

Do you have an opinion about Kerik? Do you think he is being set up?

A former 1st grad Detective and driver of Rudy, to then become the Commisioner of NYC jails and then the Commissioner. Oops forgot then taking free gifts from the mob while the a public servant.

No story here, move on.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2203798]What Republican scandal have you ever seen ignored by the criminal liberal media?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2203808]Do you have an opinion about Kerik? Do you think he is being set up?

A former 1st grad Detective and driver of Rudy, to then become the Commisioner of NYC jails and then the Commissioner. Oops forgot then taking free gifts from the mob while the a public servant.

No story here, move on.[/QUOTE]

Yes. If he is guilty he deserves to be punished.

Does this hurt Rudy? I def. think so.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2203822]Yes. If he is guilty he deserves to be punished.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2203798]What Republican scandal have you ever seen ignored by the criminal liberal media?[/QUOTE]

Which mainstream "liberal" media do you regularly watch?

Warning - Fox doesn't count.