Thread: Cut Pennington NOW As It's Best For The TEAM

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut Pennington NOW As It's Best For The TEAM

Chad is no longer our starting quarterback, our "leader", or a contributing member on the field or in the locker room.

Is there a major cap implication if we just cut him this week and move on without him?

Seeing his puppy-dog act on the sidelines for the next two months is unneccessary, Tui is a superior backup anyway, and Chad's supporters in the media and in the clubhouse could ultimately undermine what Mangini is trying to do to get the troops to rally to Kellen's lead.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Chad is no longer our starting quarterback, our "leader", or a contributing member on the field or in the locker room.

Is there a major cap implication if we just cut him this week and move on without him?

Seeing his puppy-dog act on the sidelines for the next two months is unneccessary, Tui is a superior backup anyway, and Chad's supporters in the media and in the clubhouse could ultimately undermine what Mangini is trying to do to get the troops to rally to Kellen's lead.

SAR I
    Yes, there is going to be a cap implication. And even if hes not the starter he is still leader in the locker room and prob one of the few players on this team that can help Kellen threw any problems he might have so no its not time to cut Chad Pennington

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give it a rest already.

It's ok, you'll find another line that will get you some attention someday. Then you can beat that drum into the ground as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Yes, there are major cap implications if we cut Chad right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    With all do respect SAR I, you have lost it............................

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaaaaay another Chad thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a bad idea at this time SAR. Even aside from cap implications, Pennington has trade value and someone will want him. You never know what we might get if someone's starter goes down and/or he becomes part of a draft day deal. Tui is a waste of a roster space. I've never seen anything from that guy suggesting he can compete in the NFL. Chad won't remain with us as a backup but I think he should stay here for the remainder of this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap this is going to be a loooong week.

c'mon sar, post pics of an asian trip or toes or something

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we only drafted Leinart.........................

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Chad playing to the cameras last week..... CUT THAT ATTENTION WHORE NOW!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you that big of a nutjob? look no further than this year to see how imporant it is to have a capable backup and chad would do that for us. carolina,arizona,miami,tennesse,jacksonville,bills ,and houston all know what i`m talking about when i say how imporant it is to have a decent backup, and thats just from this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait...

Am I missing something? Is Pennington going to be a FA at the end of the season? If so, fair enough...

If not, we can definitely get something for him in a trade. Teams will know we are trying to get rid of him, so the value may be lower than we expect, but we can still get something for him, even if its a 3rd round draft pick or a defensive player and a low draft pick...if this is the case, cutting him would be a mistake.

Is he going to be a free agent though? I honestly don't know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Tui is a superior backup anyway

SAR I
    SARsie,
    You know that I think you're a great poster, but please dont ever post something like that. Really. It lowers the quality of this entire board. If we get mad at Patsie fans for being "flamers" (and ban them), then this type of thing is no different than that. You know you dont mean this. You're just writing it "for effect". You have seen Tui play...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    With all do respect SAR I, you have lost it............................
    lost it? He never had it. This man's disturbing obsession with Chad Pennington started a long time ago.

SAR, seek professional help.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post
    are you that big of a nutjob? look no further than this year to see how imporant it is to have a capable backup and chad would do that for us. carolina,arizona,miami,tennesse,jacksonville,bills ,and houston all know what i`m talking about when i say how imporant it is to have a decent backup, and thats just from this year.
    So wait, are you saying that if Kellen gets hurt in the next few games, without Chad, we might miss the playoffs??

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's SAR's opinion as if anyone whose frequented this board for more than a week wouldn't know.

Therefore, this show has had it's run on broadway and now it's time for it to hit the dusty trail.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post
    .... I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed Chad playing to the cameras last week..... CUT THAT ATTENTION WHORE NOW!!!!!!
    At 1-8, I can understand you wanting to spread the pain around. But dumping Chad makes sense how?