Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitt Romney's Evangelical Problem

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2206572]If God's rules are as insane you claim they are, then there must not be many souls in Heaven.[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Finally someone here "gets" it. You comment is almost the same words of Christ himself........

[QUOTE][B]Matthew 7:13-14[/B]

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.[/QUOTE]

[quote=sackdance99;2206436]Where in the world do you get your information from? This once great country was founded on the BIBLE, the BIBLE do you get it. Why are you so depraved to that fact???[/quote]

BIBLE . . . CONSTITUTION. Pretty much all the same. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2206612]Ding! Ding! Ding!

Finally someone here "gets" it. You comment is almost the same words of Christ himself........[/QUOTE]

I get it and I'm still going to burn.

How cool is that?

I can't believe you hat Kathie Griffin because of her statements. Everyone else hates her because she is a bad comedian and ugly to boot.

Finally someone here "gets" it. You comment is almost the same words of Christ himself........[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2206714]I get it and I'm still going to burn.

How cool is that?[/QUOTE]

It's not cool at all. With that, you still want to go there? Bizarre.

[quote=sackdance99;2206801]It's not cool at all. With that, you still want to go there? [B]Bizarre[/B].[/quote]

[URL]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2206714]I get it and I'm still going to burn.

How cool is that?[/QUOTE]

[B]Satan:[/B] "I'm sorry. After careful consideration, I must respectfully decline."

[B]Dan Marino:[/B] "I can't stand retirement. Come on, just let me win one Superbowl."

[B]Satan:[/B] "In exchange for eternal damnation of your soul? You're much too nice a guy for me to want to do that to you Mr. Marino."

[B]Dan Marino:[/B] "You did it for Namath."

[B]Satan:[/B] "Yeah, but Joe was coming here anyway."

[B]Dan Marino:[/B] "This sucks. I'll just go to the Superbowl as an announcer and I'll win myself an Emmy."

[B]Satan:[/B] "That's the spirit."

[B]Nicky:[/B] "You're a good Devil Dad."

[B]Satan:[/B] "And I also happen to be a Jets fan."

Actually it becomes more and more clear that you don't get it each and every day.

It's even clear that you didn't read that ridiculous article you posted. If you had, you would have noticed an interesting nugget which is yet another insane contradiction that your "faith" is based on:

[quote]This is all blasphemy to evangelicals; they argue that "the Bible explicitly warns against adding to or detracting from its teaching" and refer to the revelations as "realistic deception[s] by the Devil himself."[/quote]

Isn't your entire faith based on an edited version of the Torah and an invented addition to Jewish scripture? :eek:

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2209004]
    Isn't your entire faith based on an edited version of the Torah and an invented addition to Jewish scripture? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Great point Kleck, I had always wondered how people like SD lived with themselves knowing this fact.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2209004]Isn't your entire faith based on an edited version of the Torah and an invented addition to Jewish scripture? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Of course not you bible pervert. A real Jew wouldn't even accept you silly. You are repeating something you heard. Likely from another Jew who will grasp at any shred of hope that Jesus Christ wasn't the Messiah. Unfortunately for you God has blinded your eyes, hardened your heart, and have given you over to a spirit of slumber (as he says). In other words it's not looking too good for you Kleck. Might be spending eternity in the next sulfur cell over from doggin94it so get used to him.

:byebye:

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2209125]Of course not you bible pervert. A real Jew wouldn't even accept you silly. You are repeating something you heard. Likely from another Jew who will grasp at any shred of hope that Jesus Christ wasn't the Messiah. Unfortunately for you God has blinded your eyes, hardened your heart, and have given you over to a spirit of slumber (as he says). In other words it's not looking too good for you Kleck. Might be spending eternity in the next sulfur cell over from doggin94it so get used to him.

:byebye:[/QUOTE]
    Spending eternity with Akiva as my neighbor would be awesome. We'd probably laugh the whole about great it was to be away from you.

[QUOTE=Klecko73isGod;2209141]Spending eternity with Akiva as my neighbor would be awesome. We'd probably laugh the whole about great it was to be away from you.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of this old Far Side comic:

[IMG]http://www.lechatnoirboutique.com/prodimages/Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Far%20Side%20Just%20Not%20Reaching%20That%20Guy.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2209125]Of course not you bible pervert. A real Jew wouldn't even accept you silly. You are repeating something you heard. Likely from another Jew who will grasp at any shred of hope that Jesus Christ wasn't the Messiah. Unfortunately for you God has blinded your eyes, hardened your heart, and have given you over to a spirit of slumber (as he says). In other words it's not looking too good for you Kleck. Might be spending eternity in the next sulfur cell over from doggin94it so get used to him.

:byebye:[/QUOTE]

No...Here is where you are wrong, Christ was not the Messiah...he was the SON OF A PROSTITUTE! The evidence is coming out and it isn't looking great for your savior...The church is/has always been a very mysterious institution.:eek: And just a question about your saying that g-d (which would be the way to spell his name if you had even the slightest amount of respect for him) has "blinded" Kleck, isn't he all powerful, yet merciful, if he wanted to why would he even give Kleck a shot at being misled, how come he didn't preprogram Kleck to worship him.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2206436]Where in the world do you get your information from? This [B]once great [/B]country was founded on the BIBLE, the BIBLE do you get it. Why are you so depraved to that fact???[/QUOTE]That about sums it up. And the disinclination to allow Christianity to flourish by liberal organizations has a lot to do with that.

We need some JC in this thread, he normally provides an opinion which is on the same side as SD except his opinion is educational, comes with facts to support and I learn things from it.

JC WE NEED YOU!

[QUOTE=nationalist88;2209156]That about sums it up. And the disinclination to allow Christianity to flourish by liberal organizations has a lot to do with that.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you dont wanna agree with SD, you just made a pact with the devil (how ironic?)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nationalist88;2209156]That about sums it up. And the disinclination to allow Christianity to flourish by liberal organizations has a lot to do with that.[/QUOTE]

Do you live next to a copper leach mine?

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2209149]No...Here is where you are wrong, Christ was not the Messiah...he was the SON OF A PROSTITUTE! The evidence is coming out and it isn't looking great for your savior...The church is/has always been a very mysterious institution.:eek: And just a question about your saying that g-d (which would be the way to spell his name if you had even the slightest amount of respect for him) has "blinded" Kleck, isn't he all powerful, yet merciful, if he wanted to why would he even give Kleck a shot at being misled, how come he didn't preprogram Kleck to worship him.[/QUOTE]Noone is forced to worship, and I believe that's why the term "faith" is used. And don't talk about respecting God when you're calling Christ's mother a prostitute. Use your brain before you use your mouth.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2209149]No...Here is where you are wrong, Christ was not the Messiah...he was the SON OF A PROSTITUTE! The evidence is coming out and it isn't looking great for your savior...The church is/has always been a very mysterious institution.:eek: And just a question about your saying that g-d (which would be the way to spell his name if you had even the slightest amount of respect for him) has "blinded" Kleck, isn't he all powerful, yet merciful, if he wanted to why would he even give Kleck a shot at being misled, how come he didn't preprogram Kleck to worship him.[/QUOTE]

Take it easy, kid. It's one thing to disagree with Bernie, it's quite another to call Christ the son of a whore.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 11-14-2007 at 12:47 AM.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2209149]No...Here is where you are wrong, Christ was not the Messiah...he was the SON OF A PROSTITUTE! The evidence is coming out and it isn't looking great for your savior....[/QUOTE]

Hi JetsPenny. How are you? I am wondering exactly where you came up with this from?

I don't want to sandbag you and seem vicious, so before you answer, there is something I would like you to consider. The 4 gospels of the Bible were written either directly by disciples of Jesus (Matthew and John) or by the "right hand men" of a disciple (Mark, who was close to Peter) or Luke (a confidant of Paul's.) There have been different estimates of exactly when the earliest known manuscripts of these gospels are from. Some of the earliest estimates are that there exist pieces of the Gospel of Matthew from between 60 and 70 BC - forty or so years after Christ was crucified. Please remember that it is highly unlikely that the very first manuscripts ever written are the ones we now possess.

Now the point I am making is this: it is reasonable to assume, based on manuscript evidence and the existence of Christian churches and the persecution of Christians that are recorded in the Book of Acts and in the secular writings of historians like Josephus and Tacitus (I think he was the Roman one but might have gotten his name wrong), that the Christian movement grew quickly in and around Jerusalem and the surrounding areas.

At the time, there were three primary claims that were used to support the deity of Christ.
    1) That He never sinned.
    2) That He fulfilled prophecy.
    3) That He rose from the dead.

Now here's the rub about a claim like Jesus was born of a prostitute ......... picture the scene. Jesus is crucified and some weird things start happening - from nighttime in the middle of the day to the tearing of the cloth that separated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the Temple to the (as recorded by secular and Biblical accounts) supposed appearances of a risen Christ from a grave that had an impossibly huge stone that was guarded by Roman centurions rolled away. Now if any of these three claims is a lie, why did the Roman or Jewish leaders of the day decalre and prove it? Don;t you think the plitical and religious leaders of the d ay would have loved to expose any lies or mistruths in the scriptures if they could? But they could not because there were contemporaries who knew the truth.

If Jesus was the child of a prositute, that would immediately squash the claim that He fulfilled prophecy such as His place of birth and the virgin mother. Those against Christ would have jumped for joy at the chance to expose the popular movement for which people were wililng to be martyred as a fraud! But nowhere is their recorded an event in public when those opposed to Christ refuted the claim that Jesus was Mary's son. It seems to me that the easiest explanation to believe is that if someone publicly declared that Christ was the son of a prostitute, they would need to say who that prostitute was. And then Mary would answer back with a boatload of witnesses that can verify that she, in fact, mothered and raised Jesus.

Please remember that, of all the areas in Jerusalem that resisted Christ's healings and teachings, his hometown resisted as much as any. Jesus announced Himself as the Messiah when He read the scripture of Isaiah that said a Messiah would come during one service at the synagogue (remember He was a rabbi.) While closiing the scroll, Jesus announced that today that prophecy was fulfilled. His neighbors said, "Who does this guy think He is. Is He not the son of Mary and Joseph?" Then they tried to harm Him. Don't you think those who rejected Jesus claim would have loved to say that Jesus was not Mary's son?

It is very easy today for supposed "scholars" to make these outrageous claims. I say outrageous because, inevitably, they are pretty easy to debunk.

I hope I explained that in a way that can be understood. The thing about it is this ............... I know who I am and I know who Jesus is. I know that, while I am absolutely nowhere near any kind of perfect or holy or truly good person, I know that I am so much better than I used to be not because of anything I did, but because of what Jesus Christ has done directly in my life. You might think I am nuts, but if anyone asks me how, I will be happy to say how I know it is Him. But I am not going to try to jam my faith down anyone's throat. I figure Jesus got people to think about Him and who He is by patiently and compassionately explaining and answering. But before anyone starts thinking Jesus just wanted to hold hands and sing Kumbayah (sp?), He always confronted sin. And He never, ever forced anyone to believe. A great example of this can be seen in the 4th chapter of John when Jesus talks with the Samaritan woman at the well. Many people witnessed the miracles of Christ and chose not to follow Him. By the way, are you aware that no contemporary ever challenged that Jesus performs the miracles He is credited with?

One of my favorite verses from the Book of Isaiah is when God, talking to His (forever) chosen people the Jews, says, "Come. Let us reason well together." I like that. I hope we get lots of chances to reason well together.

It's late and bedtime is here. Good night:).

Btw, I believe the way to write what you said shows respect is G-d:).