Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mitt Romney's Evangelical Problem

Bernie,

You want to convert as many people as possible, no? Well then adjust your style because it isn't effective. You're doing more harm than good.

SD doesnt really want you to join his religion he just wants to further quash his fear that he is wrong.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2211939]Let me ask you a serious question. Where and how is there forgiveness of sins in this Nichiren Buddhism?[/QUOTE]

Man, that is a great question.

The phenomena of karma, or concept of karma, addresses the pluses and minuses, or positive and negative potential of each human being. Since the original Buddha, Shakyamuni (or Siddhartha), said to "Rely on the Law and not the Person", Nichiren Buddhists don't worry about being judged from without. Living according to the Law means you are responsible for your actions 100% of the time. The Law of cause and effect is strict. It works the same for the pious and the ignorant. Or, the enlightened or unenlightened.

Every moment an individual is alive, he is dealing with his karmic potential (good deeds and sins as latent energy or "effects" waiting for the right conditions to manifest in that person's life) and as reality unfolds moment by moment, the individual will have to deal (successfully or unsuccessfully) with all the truth coming at him like oncoming traffic. So, the karmic balance sheet is continually being "updated" according to the causes that the individual chooses to make.

So how do you improve your ability to make the choices you really want? Chanting. Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo "polishes your mirror of truth"; ie you can see your life for the great (or horrible) existence you have made of it. In essence, I am my own jailer.

So there is no one or deity to ask forgiveness from. If you have bad health, a poor financial reality or you cannot get a partner, then chanting specifically to address those issues will cause your latent capabilities to become readily available. This is the theory. Practicing daily, one makes it a reality. This is my truth.

If one lives a life that is creative and contributive, then that karma will establish itself. Easy in theory; in reality, it's as hard as any other discipline on Earth. Anyway, you can probably see that one can revolutionize his life to live a victorious life and die a peaceful death and be reborn again (somewhere in the universe) with THAT karmic potential.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2212444]Man, that is a great question.

The phenomena of karma, or concept of karma, addresses the pluses and minuses, or positive and negative potential of each human being. Since the original Buddha, Shakyamuni (or Siddhartha), said to "Rely on the Law and not the Person", Nichiren Buddhists don't worry about being judged from without. Living according to the Law means you are responsible for your actions 100% of the time. The Law of cause and effect is strict. It works the same for the pious and the ignorant. Or, the enlightened or unenlightened.

Every moment an individual is alive, he is dealing with his karmic potential (good deeds and sins as latent energy or "effects" waiting for the right conditions to manifest in that person's life) and as reality unfolds moment by moment, the individual will have to deal (successfully or unsuccessfully) with all the truth coming at him like oncoming traffic. So, the karmic balance sheet is continually being "updated" according to the causes that the individual chooses to make.

So how do you improve your ability to make the choices you really want? Chanting. Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo "polishes your mirror of truth"; ie you can see your life for the great (or horrible) existence you have made of it. In essence, I am my own jailer.

So there is no one or deity to ask forgiveness from. If you have bad health, a poor financial reality or you cannot get a partner, then chanting specifically to address those issues will cause your latent capabilities to become readily available. This is the theory. Practicing daily, one makes it a reality. This is my truth.

If one lives a life that is creative and contributive, then that karma will establish itself. Easy in theory; in reality, it's as hard as any other discipline on Earth. Anyway, you can probably see that one can revolutionize his life to live a victorious life and die a peaceful death and be reborn again (somewhere in the universe) with THAT karmic potential.[/QUOTE]

WCO, great post, however you do know that SD is going to pull some Bible citation out trying to say you are wrong?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2212463]WCO, great post, however you do know that SD is going to pull some Bible citation out trying to say you are wrong?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't dream of avoiding my karma to dialog with 99. ;)

Banned
    How come Sackdance is so quick to condemn everyone to hell.....but doesn't ever answer any questions as to why or how it contradicts the teachings of the bible?

Is it possible that he has no idea what he's talking about?

It took me awhile but I've come to the conclusion that he's all smoke and mirrors.

[QUOTE=NYSE;2212802]How come Sackdance is so quick to condemn everyone to hell.....but doesn't ever answer any questions as to why or how it contradicts the teachings of the bible?

Is it possible that he has no idea what he's talking about?[/QUOTE]

Hasn't he made that abundantly clear?

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2212444]Man, that is a great question.

If one lives a life that is creative and contributive, then that karma will establish itself. Easy in theory; in reality, it's as hard as any other discipline on Earth. Anyway, you can probably see that one can revolutionize his life to live a victorious life and die a peaceful death and be reborn again (somewhere in the universe) with THAT karmic potential.[/QUOTE]

Bad Karma just lacks that wrath of God quality. If I'm going to have faith you can bet a heavenly father who is willing to burn my but in hell forever is going to get my attention alot faster than a little personal PMS for falling short.

Sorry but I get where Sack is coming from. Don't bug me with doing the right thing, feeling good about my self, eternal peace, reincarnation, blah, blah, blah. It's all just feel good stuff, new wave marketing to motivate me to a higher purpose, to be a better person. If I'm going to believe or have any faith at all, it's because I'm scared out of my wits that I'm going to burn in hell fire forever.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 11-16-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2213218]If I'm going to believe or have any faith at all, it's because I'm scared out of my wits that I'm going to burn in hell fire forever. [/QUOTE]

That's why I burn my daughter with lit cigarettes and rip her fingernails off with visegrips when she misbehaves. Kids don't understand anything except pain.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2213218]Bad Karma just lacks that wrath of God quality. If I'm going to have faith you can bet a heavenly father who is willing to burn my but in hell forever is going to get my attention alot faster than a little personal PMS for falling short.

Sorry but I get where Sack is coming from. Don't bug me with doing the right thing, feeling good about my self, eternal peace, reincarnation, blah, blah, blah. It's all just feel good stuff, new wave marketing to motivate me to a higher purpose, to be a better person. If I'm going to believe or have any faith at all, it's because I'm scared out of my wits that I'm going to burn in hell fire forever.[/QUOTE]

:fireboy:

I say that by next week at least 3 more people will be on the.....

********** SD your gonna Burn in Hell list***********
    :yes:
    Last edited by chicadeel; 11-16-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added(more)

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2213307]:fireboy:[/QUOTE]

By the way that was a great post WC. Back in the day a really cute girl with a great butt, which at the time was close to on fire but not wrath of God fire, got me into chanting. Had she given me a better explanation of why I was doing it rather than why I was doing it, I might have kept doing it?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2213347]By the way that was a great post WC. Back in the day a really cute girl with a great butt, which at the time was close to on fire but not wrath of God fire, got me into chanting. Had she given me a better explanation of why I was doing it rather than why I was doing it, I might have kept doing it?[/QUOTE]

"Earthly Desires Are Enlightenment" says you should have chanted to tap that. :yes: