Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCS Standings - November 11, 2007

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    I don't think it would count because this is Oregon's second season without him so his leaving has less of an impact.
    Excellent! So Clemens avoids it. I have to admit, I momentarily forgot that he rode the bench last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    so how did oregon cry about losing clemens. he was not overhyped at all. and it was two years after he left when he got good. long enough so they could mold dixon to become a superstar
    Dude, you're taking me seriously here?

But that said, Oregon was devastated when Clemens got hurt, so there was some "crying." He certainly wasn't overhyped and its been 2 years like WoodyPaige pointed out. So Clemens is saved from Ewing Theory status.

IMO, none of these teams will hang with LSU...lsu is battle tested. i think the team that would best give them a game would be oklahoma, who may possibly control their destiny

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Excellent! So Clemens avoids it. I have to admit, I momentarily forgot that he rode the bench last year.
    Plus being that in Clemens senior year that they were 7-1 with Clemens (With the one loss being to #1 USC) and 3-1 without (With the one loss being to #22 Oklahoma), and that the next season that Oregon lost 6 games, that you can make a case that Oregon didn't get better without Clemens.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Dude, you're taking me seriously here?

But that said, Oregon was devastated when Clemens got hurt, so there was some "crying." He certainly wasn't overhyped and its been 2 years like WoodyPaige pointed out. So Clemens is saved from Ewing Theory status.
    but the theory would only apply if oregon finished undefeated after he left and won something big that year. which i dont believe they did

should we change this to an oregon/clemens thread. its been like 3 hours since i have seen a clemmens thread

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    but the theory would only apply if oregon finished undefeated after he left and won something big that year. which i dont believe they did
    are there any good examples of the Ewing theory in recent college football?

Getting back to the thread- it will be interesting to see what KU can do against the Big 12's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lewis 57 View Post
    are there any good examples of the Ewing theory in recent college football?

Getting back to the thread- it will be interesting to see what KU can do against the Big 12's best.
    Peyton Manning @ Tennessee

Veteran
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1193711

Did this site really predict that when the Patriots lost Drew Bledsoe, Tom Brady would step in and lead the team to a championship????

I hate Tom Brady as much as the next (straight) guy but this has to be one of the greatest predictions I've ever seen.