Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's Campaign $$$ haul???? A criminal act...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Paul's Campaign $$$ haul???? A criminal act...

jeez...who woulda thunk it??

[QUOTE][B]Campaign Fund Used To Test Stolen Credit Cards
    (CBS 11 News) CROWLEY Officials say thieves used a presidential campaign to rip people off.[/B]

Christine Horton of Crowley said her account was charged several times to support Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul.

"I had never even heard of him," she said. "I was like, 'Oh my God! Someone is stealing from me."

Monday the Paul campaign made history. They raised more than $4 million online in 24 hours from more than 36,000 contributors.

Frost Bank investigators discovered overseas thieves used Paul's Web site to test stolen cards with $5 contributions.

"The Ron Paul campaign has noticed that dozens, perhaps hundreds of these charges have occurred," said Jesse Benton, a finance coordinator for Congressman Paul's campaign. "We are in the process of refunding that money."

Five hundred credit card numbers were stolen from Frost Bank, but fraud management teams spotted the unauthorized charges and notified customers immediately.

The bank refunded money from nearly 100 customers and canceled all 500 credit cards. Paul's campaign refunded $3,000 in stolen funds.

"He's getting money, stolen money," said Horton. "Whether he's affiliated with it or not, I have no clue. But it's too fishy."
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_312000255.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like something Bush would do...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to investigate that bank - hopefully they catch who did it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your title is very misleading, makes it seem like RP did it, which he didn't considering they are returning the money, and they are the ones who outed themselves

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2210391]Your title is very misleading, makes it seem like RP did it, which he didn't considering they are returning the money, and they are the ones who outed themselves[/QUOTE]

Yep... take $3,000 from 4.2 million... that's still a ton of money. The most raised in one day by anyone in 07

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zatchery;2210309]Sounds like something Bush would do...[/QUOTE]

I know, I know, the President is the biggest criminal in this country. He belongs behind bars. :rolleyes:

Ain't no hate like liberal hate.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

or better yet; something rat-wingers would accuse Bush of doing without ever being able to show a shred of evidence of the allegation...like stealing elections, or pulling an inside job on 9-11, etc, etc.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Paul = Surrender Supporter, Pork Supporter and campaign money from "fishy" sources ... sounds like a democrat

... This guy must be a plant!

What kind of a last name is Paul anyway? That is a first name!

[quote=Come Back to NY;2210297]jeez...who woulda thunk it??

[URL]http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_312000255.html[/URL][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=angry jets fan;2210526]Ron Paul = Surrender Supporter, Pork Supporter and campaign money from "fishy" sources ... sounds like a democrat

... This guy must be a plant!

What kind of a last name is Paul anyway? That is a first name![/QUOTE]
    Pork supporter? LOL Good luck with that one.

Campaign money? It was returned.

Pick up your game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2210506]or better yet; something rat-wingers would accuse Bush of doing without ever being able to show a shred of evidence of the allegation...like stealing elections, or pulling an inside job on 9-11, etc, etc.....[/QUOTE]

CBTNY, I respect you greatly as a user, but can you honestly say that you still support Bush? I'm not a "rat-winger," but I can see that the man isn't competent.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zatchery;2210536]CBTNY, I respect you greatly as a user, but can you honestly say that you still support Bush? I'm not a "rat-winger," but I can see that the man isn't competent.[/QUOTE]

he's made mistakes but yes- I support GWB in a number of ways...as much as I disliked clinton and his liberalism I supported him as the President of the United States when he was in office because he was in fact C&C....

about the only president I could not support because of complete incompetence was carter...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=zatchery;2210536]CBTNY, I respect you greatly as a user, but can you honestly say that you still support Bush? I'm not a "rat-winger," but I can see that the man isn't competent.[/QUOTE]
    I'm an extreme conservative and I think Bush couldn't be more incompetent (in both execution and presentation) if he tried. I attempted to defend him in the beginning of his admin. because I wanted to believe he could succeed but he's just too much for anyone to bend over backwards for.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=angry jets fan;2210526]

What kind of a last name is Paul anyway? That is a first name![/QUOTE]

Dude is totally crampin' my style.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riiiiight. Good one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so because $3000 out of $4,000,000 was illegal, it means the rest of the $3.9+ million is also illegal. That is a good rational conclusion there; I agree he's a crook.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this one, I am not happy with the way Bush has done things Spending like drunken democrats, getting into Iraq in the first place (no he didn't lie anymore than any other of our allies did, most of their intel pointed to WMD's as well). Which is it, is he an evil mastermind capable of pulling off a conspiracy at every turn, or is he a bumbling idiot, if it is the later, how come all his "betters," the Dems in congress voted for the war, and now that the political winds have changed, that they don't vote to de-fund the war. If these people in congress are so easily led by this non-competent president, maybe they shouldn't be the peoples representatives, after if they can be fooled by George, then what other leaders can lead them around by the nose?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ron Paul is thankfully a non-player in the GOP, though I don't believe his campaign knowingly took campaign contributions illegally.

So far only Hillary is the only proven deceitful candidate by planting questions at a forum, among other things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, they did a recent compare of candidates and pork ... and Ron Paul was not anti-pork ...

[quote=BrooklynBound;2210533]Pork supporter? LOL Good luck with that one.

Campaign money? It was returned.

Pick up your game.[/quote]

flushingjet
    [quote=BrooklynBound;2210405]Yep... take $3,000 from 4.2 million... that's still a ton of money. The most raised in one day by anyone in 07[/quote]

rupaul with $4M is like a baby trying to drive a solid gold cadillac

cant/wont go anywhere despite the wealth

rupaul espouses all that "extreme" conservatives
    believe in...that joke is too funny
    Last edited by flushingjet; 11-15-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2211232]rupaul with $4M is like a baby trying to drive a solid gold cadillac[/QUOTE]

Can't be any worse that Bush's presidency...which has been like a monkey high on amphetimines f*cking a football while operating a crane in a hurricane.