Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaka could leave Serie A if violence in Italy continues

Kaka could leave Serie A if violence in Italy continues

Nobody has discussed this issue yet, that a Lazio fan was killed by an Italian policeman last week during a violent riot. This comes less than a year after an Italian cop was killed in a similar riot after a Serie A match. Here's what the best player in the world, and one of my favorite players on Milan, had to say:

Kaka: I Could Quit Milan
    Milan superstar Kaka has reiterated that he could quit Italy if the football violence continues in the country.

The Brazilian stated yesterday that he wanted to extend his contract at San Siro if Milan were ready.

However he has now warned that this will only be the case if the violence, which saw Lazio fan Gabriele Sandri shot dead by a policeman on Sunday, ceases to exist.

“Could I leave Italy? Yes, if these violent episodes continue,” Kaka told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I love football because it brings me happiness, but at the moment I can’t enjoy myself.

“If there are big problems in Italian football that prevent me doing my job properly, anything could happen.

“I am worried for my family’s safety as my wife and parents frequently come to watch me, so there is a chance I could move to another country.”

Kaka and Milan were forced to leave the field after just eight minutes of Sunday’s Serie A match at Atalanta after Nerazzurri Ultras threatened to cause a riot if play continued.
    This sucks. I don't blame Kaka at all, either. As an outside observer, it seems like the whole country needs to get its act together as far as this civil unrest goes. I'd like to hear what our resident italiano, Licurgo, has to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's getting really bad everywhere, especially in Italy. I rarely go to games anymore.

In Paris last year, after a friendly between PSG and an Israeli team, 50 or so fans from the PSG (which have some hardcore fascists) chased a lone Israeli fan after the game. An off duty cop intervened, basically shielding the kid from the mob trying to keep them at bay (this guy gets 100000 man points for stepping in). The cop was black so he got an earfull as well. Things escalated to the point where he fired and killed one of the assailants.

I don't understand why this can't be controlled. I may be wrong but from what I understand, there's no more violence in stadiums in England. Why? One offense, you're out, and have to punch in at the local police station. I'm not saying they're no more hooligans. But at least their squaring off in fields to beat the sh*t out of each other, and not doing in it in stadiums. The English still have a huge problem when the national team plays abroad.

I think the first step is not having violence within or around stadiums. Then, you still have a social problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, thats sad to hear.

Hopefully they can control the violence over there a little more, so people can actually enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    It's getting really bad everywhere, especially in Italy. I rarely go to games anymore.

In Paris last year, after a friendly between PSG and an Israeli team, 50 or so fans from the PSG (which have some hardcore fascists) chased a lone Israeli fan after the game. An off duty cop intervened, basically shielding the kid from the mob trying to keep them at bay (this guy gets 100000 man points for stepping in). The cop was black so he got an earfull as well. Things escalated to the point where he fired and killed one of the assailants.

I don't understand why this can't be controlled. I may be wrong but from what I understand, there's no more violence in stadiums in England. Why? One offense, you're out, and have to punch in at the local police station. I'm not saying they're no more hooligans. But at least their squaring off in fields to beat the sh*t out of each other, and not doing in it in stadiums. The English still have a huge problem when the national team plays abroad.

I think the first step is not having violence within or around stadiums. Then, you still have a social problem.
    Didn't England have a major problem after a Liverpool match in the early 90s, and that's when they really got serious with cracking down the law?

I know in Italy the infrastructure of the stadiums are in pretty poor shape, and that contributes to not being able to control the crowds. But I think, above all else, it is indeed a social problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2211329]Didn't England have a major problem after a Liverpool match in the early 90s, and that's when they really got serious with cracking down the law?QUOTE]

I think it was after the European Cup Final in Heysel against Juventus. Too many L'pool fans with no tickets were able to get in. It got out of hand and many Italian fans got litterally crushed to death in the stadium. They actually continued to play the game during the tragedy.

After that, all English teams were banned from European competitions for x years (can't remember). Now, most Premiership stadium have state of the art cameras to study fans behaviour.

Maybe some posters more aware of the situation can fill in the blanks.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;2212594][QUOTE=pauliec;2211329]Didn't England have a major problem after a Liverpool match in the early 90s, and that's when they really got serious with cracking down the law?

I think it was after the European Cup Final in Heysel against Juventus. Too many L'pool fans with no tickets were able to get in. It got out of hand and many Italian fans got litterally crushed to death in the stadium. They actually continued to play the game during the tragedy.

After that, all English teams were banned from European competitions for x years (can't remember). Now, most Premiership stadium have state of the art cameras to study fans behaviour.

Maybe some posters more aware of the situation can fill in the blanks.
    the Heysel disaster was major, but the real catalyst for the end of hooliganism at matches in England was the Hillsborough Disaster, in which 96 fans were crushed to death due to overcrowding in the stadium...as a result, the Brit's commissioned the so-called Taylor report, which led to all seater stadiums and a requirement that only club members can purchase tickets, rather than all members of the general public, to make it easier to identify and punish hooligans...

it hasnt worked perfectly, but the main success of the plan has been to price out the hooligan element...so perhaps it is time for Italy to have its own Taylor Report, if only to save the game from the same fate that English soccer suffered in the late 80's...

All Pro
    Real Madrid is jerking off in a corner somewhere thinking about this

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Real Madrid is jerking off in a corner somewhere thinking about this
    LOL, no kidding

Veteran
    I think that in Italy is a social problem. During the games we have a part of the crowd that sing racist choruses and also choruses against police.
    The death of the Lazio supporter(that was caused because of the stupidity of a policeman) was just a pretext to use violence against institutions. In Italy all the hooligans hate the institutions, particularly the police. They assaulted 2 police stations and nobody did nothing, ours Ex-prime minister said that in the 80' they would be all dead. The problem is that the are no solutions, the next time the police must utilise violence to beat violence. The problem is not about infrastructures of the stadiums the problem is about people. In England they found the solution making laws very strong and giving a lot of powers to the police. And here is the problem in Italy, we had the fascism so we will never give more powers at the police and we will make never ours laws stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by Licurgo View Post
    I think that in Italy is a social problem. During the games we have a part of the crowd that sing racist choruses and also choruses against police.
    The death of the Lazio supporter(that was caused because of the stupidity of a policeman) was just a pretext to use violence against institutions. In Italy all the hooligans hate the institutions, particularly the police. They assaulted 2 police stations and nobody did nothing, ours Ex-prime minister said that in the 80' they would be all dead. The problem is that the are no solutions, the next time the police must utilise violence to beat violence. The problem is not about infrastructures of the stadiums the problem is about people. In England they found the solution making laws very strong and giving a lot of powers to the police. And here is the problem in Italy, we had the fascism so we will never give more powers at the police and we will make never ours laws stronger!

That's very interesting, thanks for the input. So because of fear of fascism, people are afraid of stronger laws?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That's very interesting, thanks for the input. So because of fear of fascism, people are afraid of stronger laws?
    I dont know why, but we are frightened from the memory of the fascism, is fear regarding the past that can come back. The problem is that we are not a democracy so strong and long like yours. I study law and I can tell you that in our Constitution every Power is limited from the others Powers(Executive is limited by Legislative,...). In America and in Britain the Prime Minister has a lot of powers and he is the supreme commander, here it will never be like that. Still now wen there is a strong law everybody say that are fascism laws and they are against Constitution. For me is come the time to change our Constitution!
    Last edited by Licurgo; 11-17-2007 at 06:51 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I read this morning that apparently Kaka's resigned through 2012..

All Pro
    Nobody has discussed this issue yet, that a Lazio fan was killed by an Italian policeman last week during a violent riot. This comes less than a year after an Italian cop was killed in a similar riot after a Serie A match. Here's what the best player in the world, and one of my favorite players on Milan, had to say:

This sucks. I don't blame Kaka at all, either. As an outside observer, it seems like the whole country needs to get its act together as far as this civil unrest goes. I'd like to hear what our resident italiano, Licurgo, has to say.
    I wouldn't care about my parents if I inherited a last name like that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Licurgo View Post
    I dont know why, but we are frightened from the memory of the fascism, is fear regarding the past that can come back. The problem is that we are not a democracy so strong and long like yours. I study law and I can tell you that in our Constitution every Power is limited from the others Powers(Executive is limited by Legislative,...). In America and in Britain the Prime Minister has a lot of powers and he is the supreme commander, here it will never be like that. Still now wen there is a strong law everybody say that are fascism laws and they are against Constitution. For me is come the time to change our Constitution!

Some would argue that the role of the U.S. president holds too much power. The system of checks and balances that you speak of in the Italian govt. is similar to what the U.S. govt. structure was intended for, but since WWII, it seems that the office of the executive's powers have increased substantially while those of the legislative branch and the judicial branch in charge of determing the constitutionality of laws has decreased.

It is interesting that the U.S. hasn't really experienced some of the problems and hooliganism in their sports that some other countries around the world have. (with the 70s being probably the exception, Disco Demolition anyone?)

Was it the English who had suggested in the 70s of putting up electric fences around the pitch? I had heard this was something that was proposed during the height of the problems.

Practice Squad
    rumours in the papers say chelsea but they wont get him!!! madrid can compete with them for money and with robinho being there it beats chelsea anyday

I read this morning that apparently Kaka's resigned through 2012..
    What does that mean?? He won't play in Italy until 2012??

Jets Insider VIP
    What does that mean?? He won't play in Italy until 2012??

1 - Breathe
    2 - Re-signed with Milan (Frenglish?)

Not resigned (I quit) but re-signed. Renewed his contract. Renewed his faith. Word is they'll announce it when he gets the Golden Ball Award which is another rumor I'm hearing.

Sorry for the heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik View Post
    Was it the English who had suggested in the 70s of putting up electric fences around the pitch? I had heard this was something that was proposed during the height of the problems.
    Ken Bates, the moron who was Chelsea's chairman at the time.
    Now he's in charge at Leeds, and there was a mini riot there a few weeks ago when Millwall came up to visit.

1 - Breathe
    2 - Re-signed with Milan (Frenglish?)

Not resigned (I quit) but re-signed. Renewed his contract. Renewed his faith. Word is they'll announce it when he gets the Golden Ball Award which is another rumor I'm hearing.

Sorry for the heart attack.
    LOL ohhhhhhhhhhh

Hall Of Fame
    Italy will get through this because it really isnt that bad. None of the big clubs are causing most of the problems its some of the smaller ones. Plus Italian soccer was pretty much playing man down with Juve sucking. It can only go up from here.