Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN is a disgrace

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2212760]Debates are interesting. I missed the drivers license question - maybe they didn't want to probe it, but I can't blame pro-hill folks for wanting to ... move on.

Anyway, what really stood out for me was the female reporter asking Hillary the 'All boys club question' - it was basically an invite for a 5 minute speech. While not planted, it might as well have been. Forget Edwards momentarily, but Obama didn't get these softballs thrown his way.

Guys who had to earn their way into the debate were Biden and Richardson. Dodd seems forceful - were he not, no one would hear a peep from him. (I might sound a bit like bitonti, but how can he be this far into the Prez race and be so fat? Most hyper busy politicians don't look like that)

It was a good show. Now I'm reading some stirrings about how pro-Hillary it was. I don't think it was so obvious you do screaming headlines about it. Maybe this is what celebrity earns a candidacy.[/QUOTE]

I am a conservative Independent but I thought the best person up there was Richardson. I didn't agree with everything he said but I came away thinking the guy, although he doesn't want to build the wall, does want to beef up the border patrols and technology, wants to eliminate job openings for illegals and go after business owners who hire them. I probably would never vote for the guy due to his answers on some other questions, but he seemed to give the most straight forward answers and the most detail out there. The only problem is that Mr. Hillarylover kept cutting him off.

Also I was very impressed with Dodd's Spanish abilities.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never under estimate the ability of the dems to lose an election. They could have a 75% lead in the polls in October, and blow it by election time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2212974]Analyze the ideological differences between Bill and Hillary Clinton - that's a game Bill and Hill would love to see people play. Kind of the same animal, wouldn't you think? Last week drivers licenses for illegals is kosher, while last night a simple 'no' suffices. Politicians extraordinaire, not ideologues.[/QUOTE]

Quite true. They will say whatever they have to in order to get elected.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2212859]You think the Clinton machine is liberal?[/QUOTE]

Did you see the health care plan she put together for her hubby? :rolleyes:

The Clinton's like to move to the right for elections so they can get more votes, but then they get in and they vote lefty all the way. Clinton was voted the #4 top liberal in the Senate a couple of years back. I guess she fooled you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;2213000]I am a conservative Independent but I thought the best person up there was Richardson. I didn't agree with everything he said but I came away thinking the guy, although he doesn't want to build the wall, does want to beef up the border patrols and technology, wants to eliminate job openings for illegals and go after business owners who hire them. I probably would never vote for the guy due to his answers on some other questions, but he seemed to give the most straight forward answers and the most detail out there. The only problem is that Mr. Hillarylover kept cutting him off.

Also I was very impressed with Dodd's Spanish abilities.[/QUOTE]

Dodd was impressive with his linguistic talent

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh ... an Hillary changes her stand on illegals getting driver licenses ... but gets no grief from the mainstream ... instead, they are pumping her up and the comeback gal for being tough on her rivals. What a joke.

[quote=sourceworx;2212670]BTW I know CBTNY will love hearing this. ;)

Did anyone catch the Pro Hillary Debate on CNN last night? What a f*cking joke this thing was. Wolf Blitzer let her dodge the Illegal Immigrant Drivers License issue with a one word answer. Whenever another candidate tried to make a valid point, Wolf would cut them off yet Hillary consistently went uninterrupted while basically giving a campaign speech everytime she spoke. Hell even the cameramen showed her from different angles to make her look more leader-like. When another candidate spoke it would merely be the head-on camera shot. Yet when their girl spoke you had the head-on angle, the side angle and (best of all) the angle looking up at her.

Not to mention the extremely pro-Hillary crowd that likely was planted by her campaign. Whenever someone threw criticism at her the crowd's boos were distracting. Not to mention the questions they were allowed to ask. "Diamonds or Pearls?" Are you f*cking kidding me? This is what you ask a candidate?

I know I'm stating the obvious with CNN, but this was so blatant I really couldn't believe what I was watching.[/quote]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2212974]Politicians extraordinaire, not ideologues.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetinHuntersville;2213009]Did you see the health care plan she put together for her hubby? :rolleyes:

The Clinton's like to move to the right for elections so they can get more votes, but then they get in and they vote lefty all the way. Clinton was voted the #4 top liberal in the Senate a couple of years back. I guess she fooled you.[/QUOTE]

I think Bill Clinton signed the welfare reform bill into law.

Voted # 4 by whom?

On his show I've heard John McLaughlin reference conservative and liberal rating systems (1 to 100) but the names of these groups escapes me.

Anyone know?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2213197]I think Bill Clinton signed the welfare reform bill into law.

Voted # 4 by whom?

On his show I've heard John McLaughlin reference conservative and liberal rating systems (1 to 100) but the names of these groups escapes me.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I think the liberal one is Americans for Democratic Action. I'm not positive.

I just went back and looked it up for you. It's Americans for Democratic Action. McLaughlin referenced Americans for Conservative Action or Americans for Constitution Action. I'm not sure if he was speaking about the American Conservative Union.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by chicadeel; 11-16-2007 at 03:56 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2213267]I think the liberal one is Americans for Democratic Action. I'm not positive.

I just went back and looked it up for you. It's Americans for Democratic Action. McLaughlin referenced Americans for Conservative Action or Americans for Constitution Action. I'm not sure if he was speaking about the American Conservative Union.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

They both rank the politicians

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2213004]Quite true. They will say whatever they have to in order to get elected.[/QUOTE]
    You mean say, do, screw, kill, or initiate an unwarranted IRS audit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kaol;2213303]You mean say, do, screw, kill, or initiate an unwarranted IRS audit.[/QUOTE]

Careful, when candidates challenge Hillary in a debate, Democratic ones even, they get booed. Mention Bill Clinton's administrative evils and it's, "Whoa, you always talk about Clinton?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't agree more. They blast news of Kerik bangging his girlfriend in a 911 safe house like Rudy was the one doing the bangging. No mention of the Clintons using the Lincon bedroom as a Bordello for the right price..:rolleyes:
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 11-16-2007 at 05:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;2213376]I couldn't agree more. They blast news of Kerik bangging his girlfriend in a 911 safe house like Rudy was the one doing the bangging. No mention of the Clintons using the Lincon bedroom as a Bordello for the right price..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Kerik/Rudy are just as slimy and sleazy as the Clintons.

Thanks for making that point. Everybody here was convinced that the right in this country was much better than the left.

Now we know that they are both just a stupidly f*cking retarded as each other.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2213536]Kerik/Rudy are just as slimy and sleazy as the Clintons.

Thanks for making that point. Everybody here was convinced that the right in this country was much better than the left.

Now we know that they are both just a stupidly f*cking retarded as each other.[/QUOTE]

Just because some in the media equate Kerik with Rudy doesn't mean you have to as well.

Do you honestly believe Kerik would have been indicted like this if Rudy were not in the race? Or do you have unyielding faith in the government?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did Bernie plead guilty a year ago and wouldn't take a plea bargain six months ago? Here is as answer, he is an arrogant jackazz.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2213600]Just because some in the media equate Kerik with Rudy doesn't mean you have to as well.

Do you honestly believe Kerik would have been indicted like this if Rudy were not in the race? Or do you have unyielding faith in the government?[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2213613]Why did Bernie plead guilty a year ago and wouldn't take a plea bargain six months ago? Here is as answer, he is an arrogant jackazz.[/QUOTE]
    Yes. Kerik has shown, at best, questionable character. I don't think this is a true black mark against Rudy. I probably would if I viewed him as a political threat though. The argument is transparent, I believe.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, back to the topic of the thread, here's what the student who asked the question had to say ---

[QUOTE]Maria Luisa, the UNLV student who asked Hillary Clinton whether she preferred "diamonds or pearls" at last night's debate wrote on her MySpace page this morning that CNN forced her to ask the frilly question instead of a pre-approved query about the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository.

"Every single question asked during the debate by the audience had to be approved by CNN," Luisa writes. "I was asked to submit questions including "lighthearted/fun" questions. I submitted more than five questions on issues important to me. I did a policy memo on Yucca Mountain a year ago and was the finalist for the Truman Scholarship. For sure, I thought I would get to ask the Yucca question that was APPROVED by CNN days in advance."
    Now, Luisa is getting "swamped" with critical e-mails.

So what happened?

Writes Luisa:
    "CNN ran out of time and used me to "close" the debate with the pearls/diamonds question. Seconds later this girl comes up to me and says, "you gave our school a bad reputation.' Well, I had to explain to her that every question from the audience was pre-planned and censored. That's what the media does. See, the media chose what they wanted, not what the people or audience really wanted. That's politics; that's reality. So, if you want to read about real issues important to America--and the whole world, I suggest you pick up a copy of the Economist or the New York Times or some other independent source. If you want me to explain to you how the media works, I am more than happy to do so. But do not judge me or my integrity based on that question."

Rivals to Clinton believe that the debate audience had a pro-Clinton tilt. UNLV was responsible for distributing most of the tickets.

In a separate post, Luisa provides the question she wanted to ask:
    Yucca Mountain, NV is the proposed site for the country's nuclear waste repository. Despite scientific evidence that it is a vulnerable site, the federal government continues to push for the plan to move forward. The evidence relied on is unsound and the risks involved in transporting high-level radioactive waste across the country are high. What will you [Sen. Clinton] do to ensure that the best site/s is/are chosen for the storage of spent nuclear reactor fuel?

Sam Feist, the executive producer of the debate, said that the student was asked to choose another question because the candidates had already spent about ten minutes discussing Yucca Mountain.

"When her Yucca mountain question was asked, she was given the opportunity to ask another question, and my understanding is that the [diamond v. pearls] questions was her other question," Feist said. "She probably was disappointed, but we spent a lot of time with a bunch of different candidates on Yucca Mountain, and we were at the end of the debate."

[url]http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/diamond_v_pearl_student_blasts_1.php[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

Very interesting, and pretty much disgusting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest problem with Rudy's association with Bernie is the attempted nominiation to the Homeland job.

That will not be an easy thing to explain, over and over.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2213638]Yes. Kerik has shown, at best, questionable character. I don't think this is a true black mark against Rudy. I probably would if I viewed him as a political threat though. The argument is transparent, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2213600]Or do you have unyielding faith in the government?[/QUOTE]

Who would you ask me that? I just got done saying both political parties are stupid f*cking retards.

That sounds like faith in the government to you?