Thread: U.S. 9th Circuit Court hands White House a huge victory....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

U.S. 9th Circuit Court hands White House a huge victory....

another blow to the looney left delivered by the looney left....

[QUOTE][B]Court rejects challenge to warrantless wiretaps[/B]

By Henry Weinstein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    10:36 AM PST, November 16, 2007

A federal appeals court in San Francisco today handed a major victory to the Bush administration, ruling that a lawsuit challenging the government's warrantless wiretapping program could not go forward because of the "state secrets" privilege.

In a 3-0 decision, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals sided with the government, which had argued that allowing an Islamic charity's claims that it was illegally spied upon to go forward would threaten national security.

In the opinion, Judge M. Margaret McKeown flatly rejected the government's argument that "the very subject matter of the litigation is a state secret."

However, after reviewing in camera sealed information from the government, McKeown said on behalf of the three-judge panel, "We acknowledge the need to defer to the Executive on matters of foreign and national security and surely cannot legitimately find ourselves second-guessing the Executive in this arena."
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-wiretap17nov17,0,2799991.story?coll=la-news-alert[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2213438]another blow to the looney left delivered by the looney left....

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-wiretap17nov17,0,2799991.story?coll=la-news-alert[/url][/QUOTE]

A dark day for civil liberties.

CBNY, this is as much a blow to true conservatives as it is to liberals. You can gloat all you want, but the fact is that the government continues to get bigger and more powerful.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly;2213446]A dark day for civil liberties.

CBNY, this is as much a blow to true conservatives as it is to liberals. You can gloat all you want, but the fact is that the government continues to get bigger and more powerful.[/QUOTE]

sure it is...

and if God forbid there are terrorists in this country who are not tracked down and pull off an attack leftists like you will be the first to whine like b!tches about dots not being connected....

"government gets bigger"...funny sh!t from someone who went on and on about the need for universal type health care on this forum....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2213452]sure it is...

and if God forbid there are terrorists in this country who are not tracked down and pull off an attack leftists like you will be the first to whine like b!tches about dots not being connected....

"government gets bigger"...funny sh!t from someone who went on and on about the need for universal type health care on this forum....[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you think 9/11 would have been prevented if today's wiretapping policies had been in place at the time?

It's a shame that you can't see past the surface of policies like this. It's amazing what is and isn't done in the name of terrorism.

A big government and universal health care are mutually exclusive concepts.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=parafly;2213457]Let me ask you an honest question. Do you think 9/11 would have been prevented if today's wiretapping policies had been in place at the time?[/QUOTE]

90% yes....

[QUOTE]It's a shame that you can't see past the surface of policies like this. It's amazing what is and isn't done in the name of terrorism.

A big government and universal health care are mutually exclusive concepts.[/QUOTE]

there's absolutely no reasoning with someone dense enough to make this statement....

what's pathetic is you can't even comprehend what's going on or why the judges reached their verdict...

[QUOTE]In the opinion, Judge M. Margaret McKeown flatly rejected the government's argument that "the very subject matter of the litigation is a state secret."

[B]However, after reviewing in camera sealed information from the government, McKeown said on behalf of the three-judge panel, "We acknowledge the need to defer to the Executive on matters of foreign and national security and surely cannot legitimately find ourselves second-guessing the Executive in this arena[/B]."[/QUOTE]

hence even a judge from a widely known wacked out circuit whose first opinion was for the suit viewed the evidence the government had and made the admission that it was necessary for national security....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-16-2007 at 06:10 PM.

[QUOTE=parafly;2213457]L
    A big government and universal health care are mutually exclusive concepts.[/QUOTE]

What planet are you signing off from?

Jets Insider VIP
    Cool.

The government is paranoid like a crackhead.

Spy on Americans. Suck off the Saudis. Send pallets of unaccounted money to Iraqistan. Get Dubai to patrol the ports. Let terrorism flourish in Northern Pakistan.

Gotta watch out for those Americans, though.

Hey. Haven't most domestic terrorists been extreme righties? Blowing up abortion clinics and Olympic Parks?

We should spy on them.

[QUOTE]Johnny wants a brain
    Johnny wants to suck on a Coke
    Johnny wants a woman
    Johnny wants to think of a joke

Yeah, I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the words
    I'm afraid I can't help it
    I'm afraid I can't

I'm afraid of Americans

Johnny's an American
    Johnny's an American[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=parafly;2213446]A dark day for civil liberties.

CBNY, this is as much a blow to true conservatives as it is to liberals. You can gloat all you want, but the fact is that the government continues to get bigger and more powerful.[/QUOTE]
    plz commie pinkos like you talk in circles.let me ask you something,putting aside your hatred for all things Bush.if the next attack in the country is nuclear,do you think anyone is going to be talking about civil rights?? you don't get it.we conservatives are trying to protect civil rights by wiping out these maniacs before the question becomes moot.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2213546]plz commie pinkos like you talk in circles.let me ask you something,putting aside your hatred for all things Bush.if the next attack in the country is nuclear,do you think anyone is going to be talking about civil rights?? you don't get it.we conservatives are trying to protect civil rights by wiping out these maniacs before the question becomes moot.[/QUOTE]

they'll be wondering why the dots weren't connected....

A dark day for civil liberties is any day living in a country where there is a majority of muslims ... not politically correct to say so ... it is just a fact.!

[quote=parafly;2213446]A dark day for civil liberties.

CBNY, this is as much a blow to true conservatives as it is to liberals. You can gloat all you want, but the fact is that the government continues to get bigger and more powerful.[/quote]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2213539]?wow,like that was deep man....ok put down the bonge and try to remember the F.A.L.N or the Black Panthers or the Weatherman or the S.L.A. or present day A.N.S.W.E.R....ok you can take another hit now..

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2213548]they'll be wondering why the dots weren't connected....[/QUOTE]
    these morons hate Bush more than they hate Bin-Laden...did you hear about Leibermans speech the other day? it truely made me admire the man.

[QUOTE=angry jets fan;2213554]A dark day for civil liberties is any day living in a country where there is a majority of muslims ... not politically correct to say so ... it is just a fact.![/QUOTE]you are 100% correct my friend....and don't ever be afraid to say it....