Thread: Scotland vs. Italy

Hall Of Fame

Scotland vs. Italy

Seems like theres a big Euro Cup Qualifier game tomorrow. Anybody here think Scotland can pull off the upset?

I think they can, but I don't know too much about soccer. Its tough when I don't get any good channels up here.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart View Post
    Seems like theres a big Euro Cup Qualifier game tomorrow. Anybody here think Scotland can pull off the upset?

I think they can, but I don't know too much about soccer. Its tough when I don't get any good channels up here.
    I dont think that Italy will loose, we never lose big games!
    Last edited by Licurgo; 11-17-2007 at 06:45 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Licurgo View Post
    I dont think that Italy will loose, we never loose big games!
    Scotland have won all their 5 home games so far (unlike our Jets eh!) so its gonna be a belter of a game, on a par with Dallas v New England.

Even if Scotland win, Italy can qualify too as their last game is home v the Faroes (aka the Dulfins) as long as France lose their last game away to Ukraine.

Italy have lost big games previously - see the World Cup Final in '94, etc.

Whatever happens, I want to see a great game, hopefully with Scotland prevailing. GO SCOTLAND

Jets Insider VIP
    It should be an exciting game.

i'm divided between wanting Italy to get their a$$es handed to them, and an Italian win which would qualify france)..

Practice Squad
    I dont think that Italy will loose, we never loose big games!
    No you cheat, Scotland have a real chance

Veteran
    I hope that we will tie and then that we will win with Far Oer. I hope also that France will lose against Ukraine
    Italy and Scotland to Euro 2008 and France at home!
    Last edited by Licurgo; 11-17-2007 at 06:57 AM.

Veteran
    I hope that we will tie and then that we will win with Far Oer. I hope also that France will lose against Ukraine
    Italy and Scotland to Euro 2008 and France at home!
    If our countries were in any other group, we would have qualified by now, this group was an unbelievable group, like pitting the Pats, Indy, Steelers and the Cowboys together.

Did not happen. Licurgo, I am sorry but Scotland simply have to WIN to guarantee qualification, I hope that is what happens. I'm just backing my country.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE..........COMEON BOYS, LETS DO IT.

massive build up to this game....hasn't been an atmosphere like this around scotland for years.....whatever happens am proud of the boys but a win here would be immense....you simply can't understand how much this means in Scotland...MON THE SCOTS!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmart View Post
    If our countries were in any other group, we would have qualified by now, this group was an unbelievable group, like pitting the Pats, Indy, Steelers and the Cowboys together.

Did not happen. Licurgo, I am sorry but Scotland simply have to WIN to guarantee qualification, I hope that is what happens. I'm just backing my country.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE..........COMEON BOYS, LETS DO IT.

All 3 deserve to qualify. I think the 3rd place finishers square off afterwards.

Heading off to the pub. Go Scotland!

Forza Italia

btw, I love Italy's new away shirts... I think I'll buy one

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    All 3 deserve to qualify. I think the 3rd place finishers square off afterwards.

Heading off to the pub. Go Scotland!
    I wish - but no Scotland are out. Very good game, enjoyed it but that free kick award was 100% wrong, should have ended 1-1. Would have meant France having to avoid defeat in Ukraine to edge out Scotland. Very harsh result indeed.

We will qualify for the World Cup 2010, our side's average age is just 25 and that includes 1 player who is 37.

Proud of our team, they gave it all.

Veteran
    Next week I will go to Edinburgh

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I am definitely adding this to my Christmas list --

http://shop.bigsoccer.com/shop-by-te...er-jersey.html

I'm not an Italy fan, but thats a nice shirt. Congrats to Italy.

It really is a shame - Scotland should qualify, its sad to see them go. Ironically as Scotland goes England gets a lucky break and may end up sneaking into the tournament; but As jetmart said, we'll probably see the Scotland National Team again real soon.

Veteran
    Its the morning after and it still hurts.

Having had time to reflect, perhaps it wasn't meant to be but this team will only get better. We are now 1 of the 2nd seeds so there is no way we'll get a group containing the likes of France, Italy and Ukraine for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Congrats to Italy (and France) who were expected to qualify all along, please, one of you, win the Euro 2008 so we can say that we were in the same group as the eventual winners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmart View Post
    Its the morning after and it still hurts.

Having had time to reflect, perhaps it wasn't meant to be but this team will only get better. We are now 1 of the 2nd seeds so there is no way we'll get a group containing the likes of France, Italy and Ukraine for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Congrats to Italy (and France) who were expected to qualify all along, please, one of you, win the Euro 2008 so we can say that we were in the same group as the eventual winners.

Italy is eternal...

I was really impressed by the Scots during this qualifying round. McFadden looks like a real gem (though he missed the game winner).

As for the ref, in fairness the score should've been 3-0. Italy's second goal was unjustly nullified, and Scot's goal was offsides.

As for France, we have a young team, so I would've prefered having them go to Ukraine in a must win situation, and play balls out instead of getting qualified on a platter like this. They needed a 'reference' game like that. We'll take it nonetheless.