Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clemens is not the answer for the jets

clemens is not the answer for the jets

watching the jet game.I can see that clemens will never amount to anything but a second rated q.b.he cannot complete passes in the clutch.which pennington was able to do.the jets have to think twice before they make up their minds on clemens

All League
    yes, they should make the decision to use the first round pick on a new QB. Neither of them is close to the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, there is one thread.

I love Jet fans.

All Pro
    Sure wish you were judging talent for this team...I mean heck, we could be in the Super Bowl soon!

Hall Of Fame
    overreaction

All League
    I am a fan, a long time bud. We don't have a franchise QB. If you put the two of them together, you might have somewhat of a complete QB. Please don't try to sell either one. The league is not deep at the position and we are one of the teams that is proving that statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Well, there is one thread.
    LOL my thoughts exactly.

All League
    Way too early to give up on him. Looks ok to me so far.

All League
    and I am entitled to an opinion without a JO comment.

kid started 3 games and u guys give up ,have patience

All League
    I didn't give up. He is playing well. Am I wrong in stating that we simply could finally use a solid QB on this team. I have been a fan a long time and it is a revolving door. That is all I am trying to say. I want the kid to do well and will be happy if he pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    watching the jet game.I can see that clemens will never amount to anything but a second rated q.b.he cannot complete passes in the clutch.which pennington was able to do.the jets have to think twice before they make up their minds on clemens
    the reason why we havent had a great qb since namath is because of fans like you and the media. look at peyton manning's numbers his first couple of years. he didnt make the playoffs until his 6th season.

He played well enough to beat the #1 defense. Smith should have caught that ball FTW

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    You were saying..............................

All Pro
    Another dropped ball that should have won the game. How is it his fault??

idiot. dump.

He almost won the damm game right now if it wasnt for the **** Smith the Jets win this game he just drove the team 70 yards down the field what do you want when your WR cant catch.

Maybe the Jets can work out a trade for Tom Brady.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla View Post
    the reason why we havent had a great qb since namath is because of fans like you and the media. look at peyton manning's numbers his first couple of years. he didnt make the playoffs until his 6th season.
    That is a great point, but the fact remains that they knew when they took him that he was most likely going to be a special player. All the ingredients were there but he needed to develop. How many times have we selected in this position and the hopes continually have fallen short?