Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantines involvement in editing the bible

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2220111]Homer's odessey suffers from the same type of 'inaccuracies' due to oral tradition but the difference is that 2 billion people don't currently worship a religion based on the odessey.

my problem with the writing of the bible is it's rife for human agenda. it's real easy to make edits. for example there is a passage lev 11:22 where it says the israelites can't eat bugs... except for locusts. Why? maybe because after the locusts showed up thats all they have to eat. But did God make that addendum. I just can't see an all powerful all knowing God dropping in weekly to dispense addendums.

we laugh about the book of mormon but how do we know something like revelations isn't the book of mormon of the 5th century? It's all relative and maybe 3000 years from now the book of mormon is considered part of the Bible?[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but I don't see the conflict....I mean, I do if you take things completely literally, but I think there is something to taking culture into consideration as to when it is written.

However, when we speak of things like the Golden Rule, we are talking about something that transcends time, something that seems to be universal in its application.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;2220164]See, the thing that Jesus preached was that the truth is *inside us.* The Truth in the preachings of Jesus is that a man of God is a good man, not a man that says he is good and goes to church to show everyone just how good he is.[/QUOTE]

Could you be more specific about Jesus preaching truth is "inside us?" No offence, but this is my schooling talking now. I need to see some evidence of this, in order to discuss it further...:P

Yes, as I stated, Jesus was against religiosity. I think this is a hard thing, especially for militant Atheists to understand. I honestly think they believe everyone who believes in Christ adheres to the teachings of Bennie Hinn, Jerry Falwell, and early Jim Baker.