Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McClellan book admits wrongdoing in Plamegate

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2221583]So what is McClellan saying?
    The President, Vice President, Card, Libby and Rove, in one way or another, passed information to Armitage about Plame? Then denied having passed that information.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]these allegations open the door to a possible conspiracy to [B]defraud the government charge[/B] and if Fitzgerald found enough evidence to proceed with his investigation, he could do so at any time. We can only hope… [/QUOTE]

Could be very serious......Moreover FOX Noise was a leading trumpeter of this WMD misinformation. Played it to the hilt....better than any other news outlet...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221626]Could be very serious......Moreover FOX Noise was a leading trumpeter of this WMD misinformation. Played it to the hilt....better than any other news outlet...[/QUOTE]

usual ignorant leftist garbage....

a three year investigation found zilch even after the leaker was known two days into the start of it....yet these lunatics are holding out hope the this "could be very serious".....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221691]....yet these lunatics are holding out hope the this "could be very serious".....[/QUOTE]

CBNY do you think McClellan is a lunatic lefty?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so serious that the NYT could not print a story on it....

[B]What is Happening to the NY Times? Not One Single Word About McClellen's Bush Bombshell[/B]

[QUOTE]Former White House Press Secretary Scott McLellan caused quite a ruckus Tuesday with the startling (but certainly not surprising) revelation that his former bosses instructed him to outright lie to the American public over the Valerie Plame CIA lak case.

In his book "What Happened," due out in April, McClellan accuses the Busheviks of orchestrating a campaign of lies and deception over the Plame case. Consider this explosive excerpt:

"I stood at the White House briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby," McClellan wrote. "There was one problem. It was not true. I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff and the president himself." At the time, the chief of staff was Andy Card.

Let's take a minute for some quick background: The Busheviks lied about Iraq's alleged WMD arsenal in the run-up to the invasion. They also claimed that Niger was selling Yellowcake uranium to Saddam Hussein. They sent Ambassador Joe Wilson to Africa in '02 to investigate. He came back and reported that he found nothing to substantiate this claim.

Despite this finding, Bush re-stated the claim in his January '03 State of the Union Address to bolster his case for war. Angered by this blatant lie, Wilson wrote an op-ed piece in July '03 titled "What I Didn't Find in Africa." This pissed off the Bushies, and in a criminal act of retaliation they revealed the identity of Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, who at the time was a covert CIA operative.

And then they told former Cheney chief of staff Scooter Libby to lie about it all during special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's CIA leak investigation. And then, as payback for his cover up, Bush commuted Libby's sentence after he was convicted of obstruction of justice, perjury and lying to investigators. And now it's being revealed by McClellan that he was instructed by his bosses--including the president and vice president--to stand before the media and voters and lie about it all as further protection against the erupting scandal.

Wow. Bush and Cheney shouldn't just be impeached...they should go to jail. Which is exactly where you or I'd be if we manufactured WMD evidence, outed a covert CIA agent as revenge against her whistle-blowing husband, and then obstructed justice with more lies and a criminal cover up.

But where the hell is the NY Times on this story? Nowhere. Incredibly, not one solitary word in Wednesday's newspaper. This is a huge bombshell with monumental ramifications--criminal behavior on the part of Bush, Cheney, Rove, Libby, Card-- which could and should finally take down this corrupt, disgraceful administration. Could be the biggest political scandal since Watergate. And how is it covered by the Times? It's not. I'm starting to think this once relevant newspaper must be secretly owned by Rupert Murdoch.

[B]Where is the firebrand journalism that the venerable Washington Post demonstrated back in the 70's in serving to take down the corrupt Nixon administration? How is it possible that a story this important goes unreported in the NY Times? It's a sad commentary on the mainstream media overall. They've given this corrupt, criminal administration a virtual pass since it stepped inside the White House in 2000.

It's allowed the Busheviks to lie, cheat, deceive, steal and bully with impunity. All you need to do is watch a Bush press conference in the White House press room to see just how neutered the press is. Bush is nasty, condescending, unrevealing, taunting and cavalier as he side-steps the issues and offers inane muck instead.

And the press allows it. You can see the fear in their eyes, hoping that Bush doesn't publicly ridicule them, as he has done so often when he hears a tough question he doesn't particularly like. The media ought to be ashamed of itself. And now the Times seems to have joined this pathetic group[/B].[/QUOTE]

[url]http://ostroyreport.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-is-happening-to-ny-times-no-one.html[/url]

See, the MSM is rw....Just that FIX'd Noise is the most extreme

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221706]It's so serious that the NYT could not print a story on it....

What is Happening to the NY Times? Not One Single Word About McClellen's Bush Bombshell

[url]http://ostroyreport.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-is-happening-to-ny-times-no-one.html[/url]

See, the MSM is rw....Just that FIX'd Noise is the most extreme[/QUOTE]

Bush bombshell??? You post a story from yet another lunatic leftist site for your usual useless point about the media not being liberal??? and what were they to print a story on??? four cherry picked sentences from a book yet to be released???

classic leftist ignorance.... but when it comes to getting a conviction on Rove and Cheney, to quote jesse jack, "keep hope alive"....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221747]Bush bombshell??? You post a story from yet another lunatic leftist site for your usual useless point about the media not being liberal??? and what were they to print a story on??? four cherry picked sentences from a book yet to be released???

classic leftist ignorance.... but when it comes to getting a conviction on Rove and Cheney, to quote jesse jack, "keep hope alive"....[/QUOTE]

Funny to see you defending the NYT. The real matter is that the MSM cannot point these atrocities out. That would make them accessories to the crime.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221789]Funny to see you defending the NYT. The real matter is that the MSM cannot point these atrocities out. That would make them accessories to the crime.[/QUOTE]

defending the NY Slimes??? more like using a little common sense, something you possess none of....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221805]defending the NY Slimes??? more like [B]using a little common sense, something you possess none of[/B]....[/QUOTE]

The other group of rw'ers tried that one yesterday. My bet is that it was highly refuted:yes:

This administration is so vile, I don't know how things can be worse for them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The drivel posted by CBTNY clouds the fact that the MSM serves neither right nor left. They serve their own interest.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221812]The other group of rw'ers tried that one yesterday. My bet is that it was highly refuted:yes:[/QUOTE]

you prove your sheer ignorance here daily...

[QUOTE]This administration is so vile, I don't know how things can be worse for them.[/QUOTE]

the only thing vile are the blame America left and rat wingers you genuflect to....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221812]This administration is so vile, I don't know how things can be worse for them.[/QUOTE]
    Well, gee JD, you think that the Dem-led House and Senate would impeach Bush, right? I mean, they have more than enough ammo, right?

Why won't they?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2221853]Well, gee JD, you think that the Dem-led House and Senate would impeach Bush, right? I mean, they have more than enough ammo, right?

Why won't they?[/QUOTE]

They are gutless

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221840]you prove your sheer ignorance here daily...

the only thing vile are the blame America left and rat wingers you genuflect to....[/QUOTE]

Well I find it vile that an administration can lie and get 3800 Americans killed and 45000 maimed over those lies. Not to mention the number of Iraqis.

Just where are your VALUES?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221916]Well I find it vile that an administration can lie and get 3800 Americans killed and 45000 maimed over those lies. Not to mention the number of Iraqis.

Just where are your VALUES?[/QUOTE]

not in the same blame-America at all costs gutter as yours....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221949]not in the same blame-America at all costs gutter as yours....[/QUOTE]

CBTNY values one thing - his party line.

It's easy to get a handle on him and where he's coming from.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2221959]CBTNY values one thing - his party line.

It's easy to get a handle on him and where he's coming from.[/QUOTE]

versus a rat-winger like small blocker; someone who wants everyone to believe he's down the middle yet all he does is fight against one side...

you'll fit in well with the other lunatic leftists on this forum who claim to be "independents"...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2221959]CBTNY values one thing - his party line.

It's easy to get a handle on him and where he's coming from.[/QUOTE]

I know. He conflates America as only neo cons:yes:

CBTNY I am not 'blaming America' I am blaming the neo cons for all this crap we are in right now. It will take a loooong time to fix this mess too.

The neo cons are a disaster and America is much better than this. They (neo cons) have presented America in a poor showcase with their tinkerings

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2221980]I know. He conflates America as only neo cons[/QUOTE]

hysterical comment from the most extreme leftist on this site...

[QUOTE]CBTNY I am not 'blaming America' I am blaming the neo cons for all this crap we are in right now. It will take a loooong time to fix this mess too.

The neo cons are a disaster and America is much better than this. They (neo cons) have presented America in a poor showcase with their tinkerings[/QUOTE]

newsflash...the lunatic left have been in control for a year....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-21-2007 at 01:47 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2221986]hysterical comment from the most extreme leftist on this site...

[B]newsflash...the lunatic left have been in control for a year[/B]....[/QUOTE]

Not really. The republican senate has vetoed a lot of the bills or in the very least supported the Bush doctrine. It is unsustainable and will cease very soon.

There are a lot of republicans giving up their seats before the next election and the American people still want change. We will get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this sounds like just another day in washington but there is a small chance McClellan's book provides the opening for a Bush impeachment.