Thread: Why we should root for Pats to go undefeated

Why we should root for Pats to go undefeated

First, we all should atleast want them to start 13-0. This would give us the oppurtunity to give them their 1st loss in what would be our "superbowl". Pathetic, yes, but heck, when you're a bad team, this is part of the package.

Now, i actually don't want the jets to beat the pats, assuming they are 13-0 in that game. I believe the pats may have one loss in them and would much rather see that come in the post season.

Lets consider this scenario: if the pats finish the season undefeated, even if they don't lose in the post season, we can atleast appreciate the fact that we saw a team go undefeated. I don't know about you people but in my 22 years of watching football, i've always wanted to see a team go undefeated.

On the other hand, consider this scenario: Let's say the pats finish the regular season 15-1 and go on to win the superbowl. Then, all we're getting is to see the Pats win another title and where is the value in that for us?

Conclusion, if you want some semblance of happiness, root for the Pats to finish the regular season undefeated.

Jets Insider VIP
    No.

The last thing I would want is see BB, Brady and Kraft drinking champagne every year at the first defeat of the last undefeated team.

Eventually every Dolphin will die, and we won't have to go through that ceremony anymore.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How about we beat the Pats and they lose in the post season?

I think I'll root for that.

And yes I wanted to see a team beat the Fins undefeated season.. But I sure as hell didnt want that team to be the Pats..

Having said all this I dont see any losses.. 19-0 is there final record. They are too good. A loss for the Pats would be winning by less the 3 Td's.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 11-21-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

No sane Jets fan should ever root for the Pats (or Bills or Phins for that matter) to win on any Sunday, unless it has a severe impact on the Jets upcoming game or playoff seeding.

You root for teams in your division to lose every week regardless.

- Justin

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan View Post
    No sane Jets fan should ever root for the Pats (or Bills or Phins for that matter) to win on any Sunday, unless it has a severe impact on the Jets upcoming game or playoff seeding.

You root for teams in your division to lose every week regardless.

- Justin
    +1

Dump.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have seen a team go undefeated, and since I live in S Fla, that was harder to deal with then ANY Jets loss...

Believe me, if you want to root for a team to go undefeated, root for one out of our division

All League
    blasphemy!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Er, whaddya drinkin over der in Korea?

We beat the Pats* in a stunner that makes national headlines and then they begin a historic free fall topped by a 1 point playoff loss courtesy of a 53 yard field goal with :02 left on the clock.

Oh yeah and if they win a lot it will lower their position in the draft . . . wait a minute, they have the SF pick so they won't even have to worry about that.

No way, the Pats have to go down and this pissed off, underrated, desparate Jets team is just the team to do it.

Veteran
    Are you on crack??

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Er, whaddya drinkin over der in Korea?
    Quick question. The Korean drivers in the U.S. are really bad. Are they bad in Korea too....or do Koreans consider the Americans the bad driver in Korea?

And do Americans move to Korea and open up "American" markets?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post
    Quick question. The Korean drivers in the U.S. are really bad. Are they bad in Korea too....or do Koreans consider the Americans the bad driver in Korea?

I believe Americans move to Korea to immerse themselves in the largely unregulated sex-trade and to reap the benefits of being taller than the locals...or is that Thailand? Anyhoo.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I believe Americans move to Korea to immerse themselves in the largely unregulated sex-trade and to reap the benefits of being taller than the locals...or is that Thailand? Anyhoo.
    I have a friend who moved to Arkansas just so he would be the smartest guy in town. (And based on my visit down there it worked.)

ArkansasJetFan in 3...2...1....

I think I'm gonna dump this.

Jets Insider VIP

Just to make sure nobody missed this:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2 View Post

at least you didn't make a dry cleaning joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    I think I'm gonna dump this.
    Why? No one diasagreed with you.

Well if its going to be dumped anyway....STFU!!

Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin View Post
    at least you didn't make a dry cleaning joke.
    Cuz everyone knows Korean drycleaners suck. Chinese are the best.