Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: taser incident, was the officer justified ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

taser incident, was the officer justified ?

I'm sure this will be a big internet sensation. I think the kid got what he deserved when he refused to put his hands on the hood of the cruiser, and started to walk away.
    The cop doesn't know if the kid is high on meth and has a gun in his car, so I think he has a right to take control of the situation with force

My criticism for the office is he should have made it more clear the kid was being arrested.

What do you think ?

[URL="http://www.break.com/index/dude-tazered-for-not-signing-ticket.html"]http://www.break.com/index/dude-tazered-for-not-signing-ticket.html[/URL]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    this was all over the news here last night. Dude should have figured it would be a good idea to stop walking if the officer has his taser out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The officer was completely in the wrong.

I dont know if you could understand the conversation but he clearly was not answering simple questions that the kid had the right to hear.

If a cop pulls you over for speeding you have the right to know the speed and also I believe you can ask to see the radar.

The cop immediately had his taser out...why?

Did that kid really look like a thread riding with his wife...and did I hear his child was in there as well?

Anyway...the kid hit the nail on the head....the officer was little excited and acted way out of line.

The cop was acting unrational...I truly believe the kid thought that he was about to get shot and was scared of for his life because of the cop.

Did you see the look on his face? He looked like he was going to puke.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2222235]

What do you think?[/QUOTE][SIZE="5"]DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!![/SIZE]

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ; They like to get you in a compromising position
    They like to get you there and smille in your face
    They think, theyre so cute when they got you in that condition
    Well I think, its a total disgrace

Chorus:
    I fight authority, authority always wins
    I been doing it, since I was a young kid
    Ive come out grinnin

So I call up my preacher
    I say: gimme strenght for round 5
    He said: you dont need no strength, you need to grow up, son
    I said: growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
    And dying to me dont sound like all that much fun

Chorus:
    Ive come out grinnin

Ive come out grinnin
    Oh no
    Oh no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JiF;2222251]The officer was completely in the wrong.

I dont know if you could understand the conversation but he clearly was not answering simple questions that the kid had the right to hear.

[/QUOTE]

the officer wasn't 100% in the wrong.

He mishandled some easy steps. He could have easily told the kid, "you were going 65 in a 40", and "if you don't sign the ticket, I can arrest you" & "step out of the car, [U]you're under arrest[/U]"

the kid, however, didn't follow instructions. The officer has no way of knowing if the kid is violent, high, or going to run. You can't tell just by looking. If the kid tries to run, he might kill a bunch of people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2222253][SIZE="5"]DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!![/SIZE]

:D[/QUOTE]

Lmao.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both are wrong, I would say. Kid should have fought the ticket and then they could have reviewed the tape instead of not complying at the scene. The traffic stop is not the place to plead your case, the court is. I think the officer should be disciplined and re-trained. He also handled the situation poorly in my opinon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an idea when a cop is telling you to do something you do it. If the cop is in the wrong then you get a lawyer to take care of it. You can not get back in your car because you feel like it, the cop said stop get back here and the guy didn't listen so he got zapped. The girl is lucky she didn't get it as well, you don't get out of the car unless told to. The girl could have easily shot that cop, he should have never let her go in and out of the car. The cop did nothing wrong and since the guy was white that was zapped nothing will happen to him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=samwise;2222275]the officer wasn't 100% in the wrong.

He mishandled some easy steps. He could have easily told the kid, "you were going 65 in a 40", and "if you don't sign the ticket, I can arrest you" & "step out of the car, [U]you're under arrest[/U]"

the kid, however, didn't follow instructions. The officer has no way of knowing if the kid is violent, high, or going to run. You can't tell just by looking. If the kid tries to run, he might kill a bunch of people.[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me... that cop was SOOO lout of line its not even funny. A nice power trip for him with his Taser.. you can tell at the end when he's explaining it to the other cop that he knows he is screwed. That cop should lose his job or the city should get sued. This is not why we pay taxes, to have some dick head cop come up and act like a deuche bag just cause he has a taser.

The guy is with his wife, in some SUV, asking a very simple question. Why didn't the cop answer the question? Oh .. cause I'm sure he screwed up, he probably turned off the radar gun or just "eye balled" it or something. What a cock sucker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AJAX40;2222286]Both are wrong, I would say. Kid should have fought the ticket and then they could have reviewed the tape instead of not complying at the scene. The traffic stop is not the place to plead your case, the court is. I think the officer should be disciplined and re-trained. He also handled the situation poorly in my opinon.[/QUOTE]

Give me a break, that kid turned to walk away from the officer, you cannot do that, who doesn't know that? And telling the officer that he is going to make him go back right then and see where the speed sign was, give me a break. The cop had a job to do, in case you didn't notice he's standing on a highway with cars flying by, that in itself makes him just want to get this stop over with ASAP, then the wife keeps coming out of the car, how does he know she's not going to come around the corner and shoot him? I think cops have God complexes ALOT of the times, but c'mon, it was just him against the two of them on the side of the road, I don't blame him a bit for being overly cautious. The guy should have shut his mouth, gotten his ticket, then fought it later if he really felt it was unjustified.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AJAX40;2222286]Both are wrong, I would say. Kid should have fought the ticket and then they could have reviewed the tape instead of not complying at the scene. The traffic stop is not the place to plead your case, the court is. I think the officer should be disciplined and re-trained. He also handled the situation poorly in my opinon.[/QUOTE]

Well said, I agree

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestJet;2222290]

The guy is with his wife, in some SUV, asking a very simple question. Why didn't the cop answer the question? Oh .. cause I'm sure he screwed up, he probably turned off the radar gun or just "eye balled" it or something. What a cock sucker.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I'm sure no one who is with his wife in his nice SUV has ever done anything bad :rolleyes:
    Last edited by skippy1999; 11-21-2007 at 05:20 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    he should of tazered the ***** too. Can't be too careful.:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=skippy1999;2222302]Oh okay, I'm sure no one who is with his wife in his nice SUV has ever done anything bad :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I would hope that a cop should be able to quickly assess the situation and act accordingly. You saw the tape... did those two look threatening to you?

And how safe is it to taser someone on the freeway like that?!

And why didn't he answer the question? How fast was I going? OHHH you gonna boss me around?>1 YOu think You're in control here?1 I wont answer you.. how you like htat?! I'm gonna taze you instead... AHAHHAHA>.. I WIN!! ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2222287]Here's an idea when a cop is telling you to do something you do it.[/QUOTE]

I learned this early on the hard way. Its good advice.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestJet;2222315]I would hope that a cop should be able to quickly assess the situation and act accordingly. You saw the tape... did those two look threatening to you?
    [/QUOTE]

Did Bernie Goetz?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=New York Mick;2222287]Here's an idea when a cop is telling you to do something you do it. If the cop is in the wrong then you get a lawyer to take care of it. You can not get back in your car because you feel like it, the cop said stop get back here and the guy didn't listen so he got zapped. The girl is lucky she didn't get it as well, you don't get out of the car unless told to. The girl could have easily shot that cop, he should have never let her go in and out of the car. The cop did nothing wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why this isn't the general concensus :confused:

Listen to cop - no ass kicking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

[QUOTE=WestJet;2222290]You gotta be kidding me... that cop was SOOO lout of line its not even funny. A nice power trip for him with his Taser.. you can tell at the end when he's explaining it to the other cop that he knows he is screwed. That cop should lose his job or the city should get sued. This is not why we pay taxes, to have some dick head cop come up and act like a deuche bag just cause he has a taser.

The guy is with his wife, in some SUV, asking a very simple question. Why didn't the cop answer the question? Oh .. cause I'm sure he screwed up, he probably turned off the radar gun or just "eye balled" it or something. What a cock sucker.[/QUOTE]

How many people in your line of work got killed here this year? In Broward COunty, FLorida ALONE, 2 have ben killed and another is recovering from being shot in the HEAD after a ROUTINE TRAFFIC STOP. If somebody isn't complying and is acting sketchy, and goes to walk away, make an abrupt move, or whatever, they are LUCKY to get tased and not SHOT.

Have a problem with how a Cop is treating you? Its ALL ON TAPE. Just give 'em the old "yessir, nossir" polite routine, get a lawyer, and bring it to court. If you're RIght, You WILL be exonerated. The ROADSIDE is NOT the place to try and tell a Police Officer that "You know your rights" and walk away. The fact that this Tard did it with his wife there was even more stupid.

Seems to me Liberals HATE the Police...until they NEED THEM. Just like the Armed Forces.

TMahoney
    You know how you can be sure the cop was wrong?

Watch the end when he's talking the situation with the other cop. He says "The kid was hopping around and getting wild and I warned him I was going to taser him." He also says he told the kid he was going to be under arrest.

None of that happened.

What a piece of sh*t.

The kid just wanted an explanation, and he deserves one, its a f-ing speeding ticket.