Thread: It's been a while--

It's been a while--

but I finally joined the white-flight and now live in a bright red county!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2225872]but I finally joined the white-flight and now live in a bright red county![/QUOTE]

McMansion Dutchess County red or middle-of-nowhere flyover county red?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2226114]McMansion Dutchess County red or middle-of-nowhere flyover county red?[/QUOTE]

Red as opposed to a blue county!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2227917]Red as opposed to a blue county![/QUOTE]

Wont last long.

With the white-flight comes blue-bloods. The incessant waves of city-idiots bring rise to this. Like rats from a burning ship, with them they bring front yard signs calling for the end of urban sprawl and preservation of mountain ridges not knowing they they themselves are the problem they want ended. Intersections I once knew as blinking yellow lights with farm stands and family owned gas stations become 6 lanes mega intersections with car dealerships, chain bistro restaurants, Barnes and Nobles and malls anchored by Nordstroms and Filene's. Tracts of prime snowmobiling land free for people to use become a treeless repetition of cookie cutter homes with no differences say except for choice of siding color and color of Lexus SUVs in the driveways. TGIFridays. Middle management children racing each other in souped up commuter cars with 6 foot aluminum spoilers, spinning rims and white windshield wipers.

Urban sprawl is a virus. It feeds on us. Devours rural America from the inside out.

Your county may soon be blue. Blue. Blue. Be afraid.