Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US is‘worst’ imperialist: archbishop

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Ok lets withdraw from the world cover our eyes and ears and sing happy songs! The Archbishop can say anything from his gilded cage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Who is stating anything like that?

All Pro
    RED X

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Actually, they are quite similar. Both ventures were driven by the prospect of financial gain. It's just that the "islamofacists/America" case had unintended consequences (aka "blowback") in the form of suicide terrorism.

Can you explain to me why it is that they hate us? I'd recommend reading this: http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Game-Un.../dp/0805076522

Now the American people want to fix this by just intervening there more, thinking as if they have a god-given right to police the world (lol), somehow expecting that to reduce the amount of blowback, forgetting that every country that has ever overextended itself as we have has lowered the standard of living at home, and given future generations nothing but debt and taxes.

Why can't we spend that $1 trillion dollars at home instead to research alternative energy research? That would make society as a whole richer, not just the war-profiteers.

But no...that would be blaming America...lol...you guys seriously need to check yourselves. The current Administration is run by people who make their fortunes in war (in the Bush family it goes back 3 generations), and you want to send young American men to die for them. You really need to look at your own logic in the mirror, because it's sickening. What it ultimately comes down to is that you think you are on a moral high ground to police the world and want to go down the path that bankrupts the nation and bleeds the lower classes and future generations dry so the established upper crust can gain financially.
    I'm afraid you are mistaken in your comparison sir, here is why:

Indian colonization by the British was started by the East India Company, an entity and military power entirely separate from the realm of British sovereignty. India was not made a crown colony until 1858 when the company lost its charter as a result of a suppressed but bloody rebellion.

In Iraq Britain was given a territorial mandate for much of the Middle East after the Central Powers (including the Ottoman Empire) lost World War I. British rule continued until 1946, where they were kicked out, rather than forced to re-consolidate control as a result of rebellion.

The American experience in Iraq is unlike either.

As for the topic, the archbishop should refer to the famines across India in the mid-1700s that killed millions, Belgian rule in the Kongo, or the Portuguese colonies in Angola, Mozambique, Brazil, or Guinea.

How about the Penal Laws and Statutes of Kilkenny in the 1840s that caused a famine induced genocide of the Irish people? Evidently those were much more savory than 4,000 troops and 400,000 or so civilians dead in a war after four years.

The Archbishop should consult history and some well needed medication, for these comparisons are worse than the Bush-Hitler ones.

Would the topic creator care to respond or is he going to hide like most anti-war opponents I've faced? I'm not one to judge, but it seems that the one single quality that characterizes them is that they never let factual arguments with historical basis get between them and their idealistic vision of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Ok lets withdraw from the world cover our eyes and ears and sing happy songs! The Archbishop can say anything from his gilded cage!
    Why would we want to do that? We can spend billions of dollars and sacrifice the lives of our soldiers to invade and occupy other countries. Then we could replace their governments and appoint leaders handpicked by the United States! Isn't that what freedom is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88 View Post
    Why would we want to do that? We can spend billions of dollars and sacrifice the lives of our soldiers to invade and occupy other countries. Then we could replace their governments and appoint leaders handpicked by the United States! Isn't that what freedom is all about?
    Now before I respond to the statement may I ask what your user name means? "88" among neo-Nazi culture stands for 'Heil Hitler' ('H' is the eighth letter of the alphabet) and the fact that your user name is "nationalist88" makes me wonder if this perspective of yours is based off of race. If I am wrong please say so.