Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama's senate files "thrown out"???? How convenient......

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Obama's senate files "thrown out"???? How convenient......

[QUOTE][B]Where are Obama state Senate files?
    POLITICS | They 'could have been thrown out,' says candidate calling for transparency [/B]

November 10, 2007
    BY LYNN SWEET Sun-Times Columnist

JOHNSTON, Iowa -- White House hopeful Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) --whose staff has been deflecting questions about the whereabouts of his state Senate papers -- said Friday he was not certain whether they still exist.

Obama made the comment after I asked him, "Where is the stuff?"

The context for pressing Obama on his state papers is this: He is campaigning as a champion of government transparency and slamming chief rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) for not pushing the Clinton Library in Arkansas to speed up the release of papers from her tenure as first lady.

At a news conference, I asked Obama, "Do your state Senate papers still exist? If they do, just where are they? And would you ever intend to make them public to be responsive to some requests?

"Nobody has requested specific documents," Obama said.

'I don't have archivists'

However, the Chicago Tribune reported it has asked for documents from Obama's Springfield years and never received a response.

The Chicago Sun-Times has also been asking about Obama's papers. Records from Obama's office -- if he kept them -- would potentially show appointments with lobbyists, policy memos, meetings, etc., items the state would not have.

Obama has no legal obligation to archive his state papers.

"I was in the state Senate for eight years," Obama said. "I had one staff person, that was what was allocated. I don't have archivists in the state Senate. I don't have the Barack Obama state Senate library available to me, so we had a bunch of file cabinets. I do not have a whole bunch of records from those years. Now, if there are particular documents that you are interested in, then you should let us know."

I said my question was not about specific records. "When the office was packed up, where is the stuff?"

"You know I'm not certain, Lynn," Obama said. "As I said, I didn't have the resources to ensure that all this stuff was archived in some way . . . it could have been thrown out."

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/643987,CST-NWS-sweet10.article[/url]

wonder what homeboy hussien is hiding....could be serious....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not as serious as what GWB is hiding

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2230322]Probably not as serious as what GWB is hiding[/QUOTE]

care to address hussien's hypocrisy and lies??? or just the usual leftist garbage???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2230322]Probably not as serious as what HILLARY is hiding[/QUOTE]

Corrected...;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2230257][url]http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/643987,CST-NWS-sweet10.article[/url]

wonder what homeboy hussien is hiding....could be serious....[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe him on this, sort of. State Senators have damn few resources, and very rarely keep their relatively minor-importance documents, and certainly don't keep them like a First Lady would.

While I have no doubt Obama is as in bed with lobyists and special interests as any other Politician today (please Paul supports, don't bother telling me Paul isn't, thanks) I don't see this as goundbreaking or special really. Just Business as usual at the state level. I'd be far more concerned with his National Office records than his State ones, unless there is some specific evidence of wrongdoing or such, which I do not believe there is at this time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2230376]care to address hussien's hypocrisy and lies??? or just the usual leftist garbage???[/QUOTE]

When you seriously address the horrors of the brutal Bush administration and their disasterous policies, that affect the world

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is truly sad when you have to go back over two weeks ago and pull a BS article about nothing.

[QUOTE][B]Obama has no legal obligation to archive his state papers[/B][/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2230389]Actually, I believe him on this, sort of. State Senators have damn few resources, and very rarely keep their relatively minor-importance documents, and certainly don't keep them like a First Lady would.

While I have no doubt Obama is as in bed with lobyists and special interests as any other Politician today (please Paul supports, don't bother telling me Paul isn't, thanks) I don't see this as goundbreaking or special really. Just Business as usual at the state level. I'd be far more concerned with his National Office records than his State ones, unless there is some specific evidence of wrongdoing or such, which I do not believe there is at this time.[/QUOTE]

Ftr, Edwards is not the candidate of the lobbyists and special interests.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2230426]Ftr, Edwards is not the candidate of the lobbyists and special interests.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he is. They are just different lobyists and different special interests than teh ones servicing the Republicans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thread title implies it's his US Senator files missing

the state senate stuff is small potatoes.

what could he be hiding? it's the state senate!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2230482]the thread title implies it's his US Senator files missing

what could he be hiding? it's the state senate![/QUOTE]

Pork belly futures:)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2230482]
    what could he be hiding? [/QUOTE]
    His actual beliefs. Let's not forget, his only real job in the personal sector was a civil rights lawyer. And these days, that means horsesh*t peddler.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does that have to do with his Senate papers?

[QUOTE=sackdance;2230493]His actual beliefs. Let's not forget, his only real job in the personal sector was a civil rights lawyer. And these days, that means horsesh*t peddler.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2230509]What does that have to do with his Senate papers?[/QUOTE]

We'll never know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2230423]It is truly sad when you have to go back over two weeks ago and pull a BS article about nothing.[/QUOTE]

If you think going back two WEEKS is sad, you must be positively morose when someone goes back two YEARS to scrounge up a post.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157564[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you all know you can butcher Hillary in a general election

but if the best you can come up with for Obama are missing state senator papers

you guys have to be really worried about Hussein Obama

"Barack Obama, President of hittin dat @$$!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you are talking about would be very easy to find out. If Obama was the attorney for anything that happend in the courts there is a record.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2230515]We'll never know.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo for digging up this earth-shattering discovery. I'm sure that in those files, we would find all sorts of information regarding his dealings with madrassses and islamic theocrats which would prevent anyone from voting for him.

This is garbage.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2230257][url]http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/643987,CST-NWS-sweet10.article[/url]

wonder what homeboy hussien is hiding....could be serious....[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2230517]If you think going back two WEEKS is sad, you must be positively morose when someone goes back two YEARS to scrounge up a post.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157564[/url][/QUOTE]

You don't like that thread do you? It looks more important today than it did then

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2230482]the thread title implies it's his US Senator files missing

what could he be hiding? it's the state senate![/QUOTE]

hmmm...let's see....the endorsement of live birth abortions immediately comes to mind...