Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Economy: A House of Cards

[QUOTE=Warfish;2236334]You're right, other than the sympathy I would offer any friend here on JI, I have little else to offer. No one forced him to over-extend. No one forced him to try and move up. No one forced him to have Kids (which cost alot of money, obviosuly). No one forced him to live a lifestyle that requires two incomes.

All comes down to personal choices (some good, some bad), luck (which really is more knowledge of markets and timing) and personal responsabillity.

Does it suck, and do I wish he was having an easier go? OF COURSE. Just as I would for ANY friend on mine here on JI.

But do I think some ebil ebil bad economay and biased market full of piwates is to blame? Not a chance.[/QUOTE]

I am not looking for sympathy at all. When I listed my current house on the market fairly priced back in the early summer. I would have been well within my means to provide for me and my family. I was just trying to point out how the economy is indeed affecting middle class america.

So just to clarify people shouldn't try to improve themselves or their situation?

My situation now is more than liveable. I live a comfortable but moderate lifestyle and my wife has the opprotunity to raise my children. Those are the choices we made. I was hoping to move to a nicer neighborhood for the benefit of my children.

You want to say that my timing was bad I will agree 100% , you want to say I was unlucky that is fine too but to insinuate that I in some way am shirking my responsibility is ridiculous.

All i was trying to do was to take advantage of the increased value of my home and some recent success at work to try to buy a nicer house in a nicer neighborhood without comprimising what is important, whcih is my children.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2243412]Not if you aks tech folks.....

Economic Disaster Ahead
    [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=25_APRkrXeY[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/images/ing112805a.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/images/war-on-terror.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2245308] You want to say that my timing was bad I will agree 100% , you want to say I was unlucky that is fine too but to insinuate that I in some way am shirking my responsibility is ridiculous.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think 'Fish was directing any comments toward you, although it may look so.

I'm a giant wisea** and he was just putting me in my place.

:O