Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahmadinejad offers to be an observer at US presidential election

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ahmadinejad offers to be an observer at US presidential election

maybe now we won't have to listen to the rats cry about stolen elections...

[QUOTE][B]Ahmadinejad offers to be an observer at US presidential election[/B]

Robert Tait in Tehran
    Tuesday November 27, 2007
    The Guardian

He denounces it as the "Great Satan" and frequently dismisses its power, but the overtures of the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to the US seem to grow ever more extravagant.

Having failed to win a response with an 18-page letter to President George Bush or to a request to visit the site of the September 11 2001 attack on New York, Ahmadinejad has offered himself as an observer in next year's presidential election.

The proposal came in a speech to volunteers with the Basij, a pro-regime militia. He said he was prompted by a belief that Americans would vote against the current administration in a truly free poll.
    However, the terms of Ahmadinejad's offer appeared to betray some confusion about the potential candidates.

"If the White House officials allow us to be present as an observer in their presidential election we will see whether people in their country are going to vote for them again or not," he said. The US constitution prevents Bush from seeking a third consecutive term, while no member of his administration is expected to be in the running in next November's poll.

Bush and international human rights groups voiced doubts about the legitimacy of Iran's 2005 presidential election, which brought Ahmadinejad to power. More than 1,000 potential candidates were disqualified by the guardian council, a powerful body of clerics and judges.

Some domestic critics pointed out yesterday that Ahmadinejad's idea clashed with his government's opposition to allowing independent observers at Iranian elections. The interior ministry, controlled by one of the president's most hard-line allies, has rejected pressure for party representatives to be allowed to oversee proceedings at polling stations for next March's parliamentary poll.

The election is expected to provide a major test of Ahmadinejad's popularity. Leading regime figures, including two former presidents, Hashemi Rafsanjani and Mohammad Khatami, have warned against possible attempts to rig it through mass candidate disqualifications and other measures.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2217496,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=12[/url]

maybe while he's here hussien obama could sit down and have a nice talk with him....:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great article. Bored today?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231217]maybe now we won't have to listen to the rats cry about stolen elections...

maybe while he's here hussien obama could sit down and have a nice talk with him....:D[/QUOTE]

Why the insistence on calling him hussien obama?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2231329]Why the insistence on calling him hussien obama?[/QUOTE]

Because:

[url]http://hq.protestwarrior.com/[/url] = [url]http://www.gsfp.org/[/url]

BDS = CDS

Fox News = MSNBC

NYT = NY Post

In an alternative universe CBTNY has a John Kerry tattoo on his a**....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2231329]Why the insistence on calling him hussien obama?[/QUOTE]

that's his name...no?

flushingjet
    [quote=PlumberKhan;2231412]Because:

[URL]http://hq.protestwarrior.com/[/URL] = [URL]http://www.gsfp.org/[/URL]

BDS = CDS

Fox News = MSNBC

NYT = NY Post

In an alternative universe CBTNY has a John Kerry tattoo on his a**....[/quote]

thats what all the moral relativists or people without morals say

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet;2231497]thats what all the moral relativists or people without morals say[/QUOTE]

I'm a heathen. What can I say?

I'll wax Halo 3ish: Red vs. Blue. And the rest of us are the Flood.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231450]that's his name...no?[/QUOTE]

Well I don't you see refer to George Bush as Walker Bush. It's just not consistent and unnecessary.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2233142]Well I don't you see refer to George Bush as Walker Bush. It's just not consistent and unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

actually I use the initials GWB.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2233464]actually I use the initials GWB.....[/QUOTE]

So we'll assume you'll be refering to Obama as "BHO" from now on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How awesome it must be to have a conversation with you. You truly are a creative guy.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2233464]actually I use the initials GWB.....[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This article highlights the depths that the USA has fallen to under the neo con leadership. This is an absurdity

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2233746]This article highlights the depths that the USA has fallen to under the neo con leadership. This is an absurdity[/QUOTE]

or, more to the point, how the leftist thought process parrallels the actions of terrorist leaders.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2233765]or, more to the point, how the leftist thought process parrallels the actions of terrorist leaders.....[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight.

You post an article on how Achmeddinjaddacrackhead wants to observe US elections.

Jetdawwg says the idea is "absurd".

And then you compare fellow Americans to terrorists?

You are one seriously bent dude. Do you also believe that a few NYC liberals got what they deserved on 9/11? They voted for Clinton, after all...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2233801]Let me get this straight.

You post an article on how Achmeddinjaddacrackhead wants to observe US elections.

You are one seriously bent dude. Do you also believe that a few NYC liberals got what they deserved on 9/11? They voted for Clinton, after all...[/QUOTE]

Don't you get it? Only the neo cons have the good for America in mind....See where that 'good' has placed us?

Moreover, equating me a Marine Veteran or any other veteran a terrorist is an outrage. Just who the hell is doing the fighting over there?
    Last edited by Jetdawgg; 11-28-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    reading comprehension is such an overrated skill....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2233801]Let me get this straight.

You are one seriously bent dude. Do you also believe that a few NYC liberals got what they deserved on 9/11? They voted for Clinton, after all...[/QUOTE]

but trying to legitimize or somehow justify what a terrorist leader says because the "depths the US has fallen under neo-cons (also Americans)" is okay...then again why would anyone expect you to take a fellow leftist lunatic to task for those comments???

you really got your head up your ass when it comes to my posts don't ya??? aren't you the same poster who whined like a b!tch that I had a hard on for another poster on this forum....it's good to see I get under the skin of the looney left as much as I do....

maybe at this point I should follow your idiocy and post pictures of things that have nothing to do with the thread....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-28-2007 at 01:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2233868]reading comprehension is such an overrated skill....

but trying to legitimize or somehow justify what a terrorist leader says because the "depths the US has fallen under neo-cons (also Americans)" is okay...then again why would anyone expect you to take a fellow leftist lunatic to task for those comments???

you really got your head up your ass when it comes to my posts don't ya??? aren't you the same poster who whined like a b!tch that I had a hard on for another poster on this forum....it's good to see I get under the skin of the looney left as much as I do....

maybe at this point I should follow your idiocy and post pictures of things that have nothing to do with the thread....[/QUOTE]

CBTNY, the point you appear to be missing is that he should not be in a position to say anything about the USA like that. It is due to the weak leadership and guidance of this admin that he can.

The whole world knows that the USA election process is a joke no matter what side of the coin you are on...These are just some more 'unforseen circumstances'

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2234016]CBTNY, the point you appear to be missing is that he should not be in a position to say anything about the USA like that. It is due to the weak leadership and guidance of this admin that he can.

The whole world knows that the USA election process is a joke no matter what side of the coin you are on...These are just some more 'unforseen circumstances'[/QUOTE]

and the point you ignore is these comments from the terrorists constantly parrallel what the left in America whines about; whether it be "stolen elections", killing innocent civilians, and so on and so on....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2234038]and the point you ignore is these comments from the terrorists constantly parrallel what the left in America whines about; whether it be "stolen elections", killing innocent civilians, and so on and so on....[/QUOTE]

CBTNY, the neo cons are the enablers of the terrorists. The policies (like the voting debacle) in place have allowed them to gain the control of the minds of people all over.

If they parrot things here that the 'left' say that is their right. Why is it that the neo cons want to control what comes out of others, American or not?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2234111]CBTNY, the neo cons are the enablers of the terrorists. The policies (like the voting debacle) in place have allowed them to gain the control of the minds of people all over.[/QUOTE]

sure they are....it was neo cons who sat on their asses and did nothing while obl was openly prancing around Afgahnistan publically declaring war on America, carrying out attacks against Americans and planning even more....

[QUOTE]If they parrot things here that the 'left' say that is their right. Why is it that the neo cons want to control what comes out of others, American or not?[/QUOTE]

right....rat wingers like yourself never whine elections were stolen...or America has failed in Iraq, or Americans are killing innocent civilians...that's straight from the right....:rolleyes:

as usual you've proven you are completely out of your mind...