Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huckabee: America Enslaved to Saudi Oil

All Pro

Huckabee: America Enslaved to Saudi Oil

[QUOTE]WASHINGTON (AP) Consumers are financing both sides in the war on terror because of the actions of U.S. ally Saudi Arabia, Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee said Sunday.

The former Arkansas governor made the comments following what he suggested was a muted response by the Bush administration to a Saudi court's sentence of six months in jail and 200 lashes for a woman who was gang raped.

"The United States has been far too involved in sort of looking the other way, not only at the atrocities of human rights and violation of women," Huckabee said on CNN's "Late Edition."

"Every time we put our credit card in the gas pump, we're paying so that the Saudis get rich filthy, obscenely rich, and that money then ends up going to funding madrassas," schools "that train the terrorists," said Huckabee. "America has allowed itself to become enslaved to Saudi oil. It's absurd. It's embarrassing."

Huckabee said "I would make the United States energy independent within 10 years and tell the Saudis they can keep their oil just like they can keep their sand, that we won't need either one of them."

Responding to the gang rape case in Saudi Arabia, the State Department expressed astonishment about the sentence of the Saudi court against the rape victim.

The woman was convicted of being in the car of a man who was not a relative. The seven men convicted of raping her were given prison sentences of two years to nine years.

Under Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islamic Sharia law, women are not allowed in public in the company of men other than relatives.

The woman has said the 2006 attack occurred as she tried to retrieve her picture from a male friend. While in the car with the friend, two men climbed into the vehicle and drove to a secluded area. She said she was raped by seven men, three of whom also attacked her friend.

The woman initially had been sentenced to 90 lashes after she was convicted of violating rigid laws on the segregation of the sexes. The Saudi court said the woman's punishment was increased because of what the court said was her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said that "when you look at the crime and the fact that now the victim is punished, I think that causes a fair degree of surprise and astonishment. But it is within the power of the Saudi government to take a look at the verdict and change it."

Last Tuesday, the same day as McCormack's comments, President Bush telephoned Saudi King Abdullah, trying to get Saudi Arabia to co-sponsor this week's U.S.-organized conference aimed at working toward a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians. On Friday, Abdullah agreed to send its foreign minister to the conference.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i-8OcJVXXBwCdbn1zWSO-zFqd7YwD8T4T9E80"]http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i-8OcJVXXBwCdbn1zWSO-zFqd7YwD8T4T9E80[/URL]

Becoming energy independent is the best and smartest strategic move in the War on Terror. It's nice to see that some politicians are finally starting to come around.

Two things need to happen. First we need to tap into all the oil on our land. That means ANWR, gulf shore, and anywhere else we can get to it. Then we need a serious push towards technology that gets us off oil altogether.

This really should be an issue that is beyond politics.

We all need oil right now, lets get that which is on our land. Stop playing politics.

We all want to free of oil one day. Lets come up with real solutions and not some B.S ploys that do nothing. Stop playing politics.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WJGC;2231590]Two things need to happen. First we need to tap into all the oil on our land. That means ANWR, gulf shore, and anywhere else we can get to it. Then we need a serious push towards technology that gets us off oil altogether.

We all need oil right now, lets get that which is on our land. Stop playing politics.

We all want to free of oil one day. Lets come up with real solutions and not some B.S ploys that do nothing. Stop playing politics.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It will definitely be a process, and tapping into our own oil supply will be necessary in the short term.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]"Every time we put our credit card in the gas pump, we're paying so that the Saudis get rich filthy, obscenely rich, and that [SIZE="5"]money then ends up going to funding madrassas," schools "that train the terrorists[/SIZE]," [/QUOTE]

QFT

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2231685]QFT[/QUOTE]

We're funding our own enemies, plain and simple.

The great GWB said a few years ago that "America is addicted to oil," yet he hasn't done a damn thing about it. It's time to stop talking about it and start doing something about it.

If Huckabee is our best chance of making energy independence a reality, then more power to him. The evolution thing scares me a bit though... :D

... and that's why Mike Huckabee won't win anything

you can't be the GOP nominee unless you are in the shirt pocket of big business. big oil can't be pleased with MH right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WJGC;2231590]Two things need to happen. First we need to tap into all the oil on our land. That means ANWR, gulf shore, and anywhere else we can get to it. Then we need a serious push towards technology that gets us off oil altogether.

We all want to free of oil one day. Lets come up with real solutions and not some B.S ploys that do nothing. Stop playing politics.[/QUOTE]

you're making too much sense.....

sadly it'll never happen as the enviromentalists and global warming lunaitcs are more concerned about fish then helping foster a long term change....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-27-2007 at 11:42 AM.

So far I have seen that Huckabee ......................

1) Did a very difficult thing to leave obesity behind (not easy - I know!)
    2) Balnaced the budget in Arkansas
    3) Was the first governor in forever to cut taxes in Arkansas
    4) Headed the drivers license system that most states in te union are trying to follow
    5) lobbied for energy independence
    6) created a health care system for small business owners and uninsured children
    7) reduced Arkansas welfare by 50%
    8) revamped the property tax system while governor
    9) doubled the standard deduction for families on the income tax.
    10) in total cuyt taxes 90 times in 10.5 years as governor.
    11) Not only was a pastor but was the youngest president of the pastors association in Arkansas
    12) plays bass in a rock band.
    13) criticizes the Saudis and wants energy independence.

What am I not seeing here? Huckabee looks like a candidate the heartland - and honestly much of America - would embrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231738]... and that's why Mike Huckabee won't win anything

you can't be the GOP nominee unless you are in the shirt pocket of big business. big oil can't be pleased with MH right now.[/QUOTE]

meanwhile your rats did a whole lot finding alternative energy sources while they were in power as they don't have any interests (lobbying or business) with oil companies.....:zzz:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231745]you're making too much sense.....
    [/QUOTE]

it doesn't make sense at all

if the oil under ANWR were as cheap to access as the oil under Saudi it would be done already

this isn't about supply it's about extraction. Saudi and Iraqi supplies literally bubble up like beverly hillbillies.

US oil is in the arctic or under the sea and is a PITA to get.

oh and I've said this before i'd support any domestic drilling efforts if it was coupled with a passenger vehicle MPG cap. there's no sense in ripping up some of the last virgin land on the planet just so some soccer mom can load up the ford extinction with groceries.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231750]meanwhile your rats did a whole lot finding alternative energy sources while they were in power as they don't have any interests (lobbying or business) with oil companies.....:zzz:[/QUOTE]

im a registered independent, they aren't my democrats any more then they are yours.

ps- they might be spineless losers but at least they don't start unwinnable wars for no reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231754]it doesn't make sense at all

if the oil under ANWR were as cheap to access as the oil under Saudi it would be done already

this isn't about supply it's about extraction. Saudi and Iraqi supplies literally bubble up like beverly hillbillies.

US oil is in the arctic or under the sea and is a PITA to get.

oh and I've said this before i'd support any domestic drilling efforts if it was coupled with a passenger vehicle MPG cap. there's no sense in ripping up some of the last virgin land on the planet just so some soccer mom can load up the ford extinction with groceries.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect it to make sense to someone like you....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231756]im a registered independent, they aren't my democrats any more then they are yours.[/QUOTE]

sure...and the Jets will be in the Super Bowl this year....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231757]I wouldn't expect it to make sense to someone like you....[/QUOTE]

yeah right, as opposed to someone like you who doesn't believe global warming is real, despite Bush administration admitting as such

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231758]sure...and the Jets will be in the Super Bowl this year....[/QUOTE]

hey man if you need someone to hate that's your business

you should know that I write what i write because i care about this country and want it to succeed.

what exactly do you care about, CBNY?

[IMG]http://mjhinton.net/slides/duhbya/bush-abdullah-8.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231778]yeah right, as opposed to someone like you who doesn't believe global warming is real, despite Bush administration admitting as such[/QUOTE]

unlike global warming lunatics such as yourself I just don't feel guilty about contributing to global warming every time I cut the cheese....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231783]hey man if you need someone to hate that's your business

you should know that I write what i write because i care about this country and want it to succeed.

what exactly do you care about, CBNY?

[/QUOTE]

mr. sensative has returned....

yeh- I guess since my mind is not as scrambled as yours and I don't post the same drivel it means I don't care about America....:bigcry:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231787]unlike global warming lunatics such as yourself I just don't feel guilty about contributing to global warming every time I cut the cheese....[/QUOTE]

but you admit it's real

that's a big step from 5 years ago

maybe if you were wrong about that you were wrong about more than that

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231792]I guess since my mind is not as scrambled as yours and I don't post the same drivel it means I don't care about America....:bigcry:[/QUOTE]

you think you care about America, that's not your fault.

they've bamboozled you CBNY. you've been hookwinked.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231794]but you admit it's real

that's a big step from 5 years ago

maybe if you were wrong about that you were wrong about more than that[/QUOTE]

wrong again....

big sun, warmer earth...makes sense; except in the mind of the global warming lunatics who extend their blame-America attitudes to blame humans for global warming....

it must be a tough life continuing to believe in a fraud perpetrated by algore....