Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huckabee: America Enslaved to Saudi Oil

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231798]you think you care about America, that's not your fault.

they've bamboozled you CBNY. you've been hookwinked.[/QUOTE]

yes...it's only the lunatics like you who blame America at every turn that really care....:yes:

nice to see you once again hijack another thread...sure it won't be long before you b!tch at someone else for much the same....

bit ... it works both ways ...

[IMG]http://daily.nysun.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=NYS/2004/11/24/7/Img/Pc0070400.jpg[/IMG]

bit's candidate:

[IMG]http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/scary-hillary-clinton.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=angry jets fan;2231847]bit's candidate:

[IMG]http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/scary-hillary-clinton.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure "Bit" doesn't support Hillary.

Veteran
    One of the main reasons I like him is he is for the

FAIR TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more IRS!!!!!!!

I think this is something we can all agree on

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2231873]One of the main reasons I like him is he is for the

No more IRS!!!!!!!

I think this is something we can all agree on[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure.

Most modern Republicans very much enjoy all the money they steal from the working middle class.

Just as George Bush about all HIS earmarks.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2231877]I wouldn't be so sure.

Most modern Republicans very much enjoy all the money they steal from the working middle class.

Just as George Bush about all HIS earmarks.[/QUOTE]

You could be right but I do like what he says, now that may not be what he does.

I have liked the fairtax for quite some time if your interested check it out
    [url]http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer[/url]

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2231748]So far I have seen that Huckabee ......................

1) Did a very difficult thing to leave obesity behind (not easy - I know!)
    2) Balnaced the budget in Arkansas
    3) Was the first governor in forever to cut taxes in Arkansas
    4) Headed the drivers license system that most states in te union are trying to follow
    5) lobbied for energy independence
    6) created a health care system for small business owners and uninsured children
    7) reduced Arkansas welfare by 50%
    8) revamped the property tax system while governor
    9) doubled the standard deduction for families on the income tax.
    10) in total cuyt taxes 90 times in 10.5 years as governor.
    11) Not only was a pastor but was the youngest president of the pastors association in Arkansas
    12) plays bass in a rock band.
    13) criticizes the Saudis and wants energy independence.

What am I not seeing here? Huckabee looks like a candidate the heartland - and honestly much of America - would embrace.[/QUOTE]

I've liked the Huckster since day 1

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2231805]yes...it's only the lunatics like you who blame America at every turn that really care....:yes:

nice to see you once again hijack another thread...sure it won't be long before you b!tch at someone else for much the same....[/QUOTE]

CBNY for president!!! :yes:

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/LIFreeSpirit/Hillary.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;2231873]One of the main reasons I like him is he is for the

No more IRS!!!!!!!

I think this is something we can all agree on[/QUOTE]

That is reason #1 for my interest in Huckabee. What a great day that would be if it actually got passed. Plumber's right though, if he wins and tries to get the Fairtax passed he will be in for a hell of a fight from both sides. Sad that many republicans would be against the complete abolishment of the current tax code.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=WJGC;2231946]That is reason #1 for my interest in Huckabee. What a great day that would be if it actually got passed. Plumber's right though, if he wins and tries to get the Fairtax passed he will be in for a hell of a fight from both sides. Sad that many republicans would be against the complete abolishment of the current tax code.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is if you go to the link and click on who supports this and who does not the majority of the supporters are republicans and hardly any democrats.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=WJGC;2231590]Two things need to happen. First we need to tap into all the oil on our land. That means ANWR, gulf shore, and anywhere else we can get to it. Then we need a serious push towards technology that gets us off oil altogether.

This really should be an issue that is beyond politics.

We all need oil right now, lets get that which is on our land. Stop playing politics.

We all want to free of oil one day. Lets come up with real solutions and not some B.S ploys that do nothing. Stop playing politics.[/QUOTE]

That is the obvious compromise that is not being made.

Put a tax on the oil coming out of Anwar and the Gulf and use that cash to subsidize the science and engineering to kick our oil addiction.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2231754]it doesn't make sense at all

if the oil under ANWR were as cheap to access as the oil under Saudi it would be done already

this isn't about supply it's about extraction. Saudi and Iraqi supplies literally bubble up like beverly hillbillies.

US oil is in the arctic or under the sea and is a PITA to get.

oh and I've said this before i'd support any domestic drilling efforts if it was coupled with a passenger vehicle MPG cap. there's no sense in ripping up some of the last virgin land on the planet just so some soccer mom can load up the ford extinction with groceries.[/QUOTE]

Bit, That is not the whole problem. Part of the problem is the wacko environmemtalist who tie up everything in court with lawsuits.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2233346]Bit, That is not the whole problem. Part of the problem is the wacko environmemtalist who tie up everything in court with lawsuits.[/QUOTE]

like i said if the extraction were cheaper the oil companies would lobby washington much harder and make it happen.

think about it, in America you have to pay American wages to workers. In saudi you pay them peanuts and the oil is much easier to get - and if 60 workers get blown up in a pipeline disaster, these people have no rights or legal recourse.

It's a shame I like Huckabee, I think he is a true gentleman, but he thinks like the majority of the honest citizens of the U.S.

[QUOTE]Huckabee's recent strong stand on immigration, including an intolerance toward companies that employ illegal immigrants, runs counter to the image he crafted in his final years in office. He was battling conservatives within his own party who were pushing for stricter state-level immigration measures.

Huckabee opposed a Republican lawmaker's efforts in 2005 to require proof of legal status when applying for state services that aren't federally mandated and proof of citizenship when registering to vote. Huckabee derided the bill as un-American and un-Christian and said the bill's sponsor drank a different "Jesus juice."

That same year, Huckabee failed in his effort to make children of illegal immigrants eligible for state-funded scholarships and in-state tuition to Arkansas colleges. At the time, Huckabee said he didn't understand the opposition to it. [/QUOTE]
    [url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071128/ap_po/huckabee_record;_ylt=Aun4y9uTUefZWCssSbGTpEGs0NUE[/url]