Thread: Mourinho to FA: "Come and Get Me"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mourinho to FA: "Come and Get Me"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...925897,00.html

Mourinho - Come and get me
    Former Chelsea boss willing to talk to FA about England role

Jose Mourinho is ready and willing to talk to the Football Association about becoming the new England manager.

The former Chelsea boss has emerged as the fans' favourite to take over the reins from Steve McClaren, who was dismissed last week after his failure to lead England to the Euro 2008 finals.

FA chief executive Brian Barwick is set to begin his hunt for England's new boss within the next week - and Mourinho admits he would welcome an approach.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me.

"We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."
    --------------------------------

i may despise mourinho to no end, but he and the english national team are a perfect fit...if he's interested, and the FA looks elsewhere, they will be making a huge mistake...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    i may despise mourinho to no end, but he and the english national team are a perfect fit...if he's interested, and the FA looks elsewhere, they will be making a huge mistake...
    +1.

If they take him (or a Capello), look out for England in 2010. They have nothing to look forward to in the near future. They have 6 years to rebuild, bring in some young talent. Guys like Rooney will be amped and pi$$ed to have missed a big competition in the prime of their careers.