Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican debate right now on CNN

Republican debate right now on CNN

That is, if you aren't too busy watching the Rockefeller Center tree lighting

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2234764]That is, if you aren't too busy watching the Rockefeller Center tree lighting[/QUOTE]

Pretty.

Fred Thompson looks like he is one step from death's door.

Hall Of Fame
    Mike Huckabee is the [B]ONLY[/B] Republican candidate who would not lead this nation to ruin.

Huckabee is making Rudy look like a fool. Huckabee is very relax and looks good. Most of the other candidates seem nervous, etc. (incl. Tancredo who I like).
    Last edited by angry jets fan; 11-28-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Why don't they have a pink line for the women?

Veteran
    So far my impressions are that McCain, Huckabee, and Paul are being honest and deserve to be taken more seriously than the rest.

Giuliani is doing his regular gimmick and relying on his crime and 9/11 record way too much.

Romney on the Bible and torture questions has looked like a complete fool... How any person could vote for him after seeing him flub around is beyond me.

Duncan Hunter and Tancredo are pretty much jokes.

Besides looking like a cadaver, Fred Thompson said during this debate that our primary concern as a country should be overturning Roe v. Wade..... even as a pro-lifer can you really believe this?

Paul = Scatterbrain (too much caffeine)

Tancredo = needs speaking skills

Hunter, Thompson, McCain = need caffeine or something

Huckabee = most impressive

Romney and Rudy = canned responses (Hillarys of the republican side)

All Pro
    Who the hell at CNN is letting these nuts get through with their questions. If this was a Dem debate you'd see the soft ball questions going to Obama and of course their darling Hillary..They're so anti-Republican it's sickening.

this is comical ... they have a soapbox for this old gay fart to spout his views

Veteran
    Oh dear God... Romney is terrible. He's completely all over the place. Being a Mormon is the least of his problems.

now a log cabin republican question ... you can tell CNN picked these "winner" questions

now ... a stupid question on borrowing money from the social security trust fund ... there is no such thing

Thompson is awake ... he is 100% correct on the problem with entitlements

now a question from the Mars society :rolleyes:

now ... an "undecided republican" for John Edwards

Summary = dumb questions picked by CNN

Excellent debate. Huckabee and McCain are the winners IMO.

Romney couldn't be more full of **** if he crashed his car into a manure truck, a la 1950s Biff in Back to the Future.

Rudy is who he is, a successful mayor who has liberal leanings and skeletons in his closet.

I agree with you.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2235001]Excellent debate. Huckabee and McCain are the winners IMO.

Romney couldn't be more full of **** if he crashed his car into a manure truck, a la 1950s Biff in Back to the Future.

Rudy is who he is, a successful mayor who has liberal leanings and skeletons in his closet.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    It's amazing how Romney is getting away with such flip floping. I've never seen a candidate change positions depending on which way the wind is blowing in my life. Thompson got him good with that TV ad
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 11-28-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2234946]Besides looking like a cadaver, Fred Thompson said during this debate that our primary concern as a country should be overturning Roe v. Wade..... even as a pro-lifer can you really believe this?[/QUOTE]

I hate the political forum because it's so polarizing, but I'm looking for serious answers to this too. It's not an accusatory question, I'm seriously wondering what other people think.