Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami Police are not being honest!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My question with this whole Sean Taylor deal is this....if Antrel Rolle is correct, and this is the end of a three year saga, and this was because of someone he knew, and Sean was living scared every day he was home, why didnt Sean just move his family away from Florida? Why not move north, to say Virginia (close to where he played), if you really want to leave your past behind?

People with a lot less financial resources move their families away from their hometowns for a lot less serious reasons, like cost of living, job availability, etc. I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Brooklyn Jet; 11-29-2007 at 11:33 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brooklyn Jet;2235670]My question with this whole Sean Taylor deal is this....if Antrel Rolle is correct, and this is the end of a three year saga, and this was because of someone he knew, and Sean was living scared every day he was home, why didnt Sean just move his family away from Florida? Why not move north, to say Virginia (close to where he played), if you really want to leave your past behind?[/QUOTE]

Read the Michael Vick story in last weeks SI.

Its easy to say "just move", but there are sociological issues at play here that most of us can't understand.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2235676]Read the Michael Vick story in last weeks SI.

Its easy to say "just move", but there are sociological issues at play here that most of us can't understand.[/QUOTE]

I guess thats true. But if my job says move, I move. If I can't afford the Northeast, I move. If someone is threatening my life for three years, I'd sure as hell move.

There's plenty of people who would like to be able to get out of bad situations and can't. This is a guy who had the resources, but didn't do anything about it.

Unless its fear of being labeled a "sell out". The fear of which, in my opinion, is insanity, when you look at the consequences.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Peter King answers my question right here:

[QUOTE]Each summer, the NFL gathers all its draft picks in a symposium and alerts them to the potential trouble that comes with being young, rich and famous. It's a great idea, and I've told by more than one young player that it's been a big help to their adjustment to living with money and fame.

One of the messages at the symposium: If you have to cut ties to events and people in your past, cut them, and cut them before it's too late. It's a message that played out prominently in the Michael Vick story. Vick never became a contributing member of the Atlanta society, preferring to stay tethered to his Virginia home and Virginia friends. He started a new life, but only halfheartedly; his real life other than in football was all with his friends from the past.

[b]The danger there is that if you need to cut them off and move on, sometimes you can't. Either because of a sense of loyalty, or some vow you made a long time ago that if one of us makes it big, he'll bring the others with him. And the others, many times, are the ones who bring trouble with them.[/b]

Again, it's far too early to know why Taylor's home was broken into twice in eight days, or why he was shot and killed. Let's let the legal system work. For now, our thoughts go out to his grieving family and to his friends who are hurting right now. It's a terrible loss.
    [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that I don't think the Police aren't being honest, but that they have no evidence linking the 2 crimes togeather (The break-in last week, and the one that eventually killed Taylor) that isn't pure speculation (As good speculation as it may be).

They're not going to go out and say the 2 incidents are related, only to have it later blow up in their face if it's not related (Although in all probability it probably is).

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2;2235676]Read the Michael Vick story in last weeks SI.

Its easy to say "just move", but there are sociological issues at play here that most of us can't understand.[/QUOTE]

Then why not spend 20 grand on a sophisticated alarm system, security cameras, and a couple of highly-trained guard dogs?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the discussion of the event starts heading in this direction, it's going to get moved to the Politics Forum every time.

You have been warned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsrush;2235563]Its the troubled past that got him killed[/QUOTE]
    Oh look it's ****in Dunce Columbo. Never heard of Sean Taylor and he already knows what exactly happened and who killed him.

Besides i am white. I guess i'm racist against white people as well. Makes sense. :shakehead:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AmericanMadman;2235634]Sure of course.

First they found him in Iraq not Afghanistan you ignorant jerk off.

Second quit the race card there are a lot of thugs in miami and instead of being racists and arresting all of them they looking for the one which takes time.

Third he got what he had coming to him, he was on probation for pulling a gun on someone himself. You play with fire you will get burned black or white.

Fourth grow up.[/QUOTE]
    1) What the hell does that change? :rolleyes:
    2) In Miami, Las Vegas, there are thugs everywhere. Too bad nobody ever goes to jail when you shoot a famous black guy. When was the last time the police got somebody who killed a famous black guy? M. L. King? :rolleyes:
    3) You're quite the genius. Somebody robbed him 2 years ago and that's why he confronted him. And who the hell says that's the same guy who shot him 3 days ago? The hell is wrong with you? Are you not even allowed to sleep in your own bed with you wife and your little daughter anymore? Maybe we all should just stay awake with guns pointing at each other. I guess that would be a lot safer.
    4) Yeah. How about YOU go play with fire so i don't have to waste my time with you anymore.
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 11-29-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2235462]Frankly, with your vast knowledge of Criminal Investigation, it surprises me that Miami hasnt handed the case over you for an internet review.[/QUOTE]

Why are you being an ass.. Im given my opinion.. And by using my common sense... The police take us all for fools.