Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gay General at the Debate Last Night works for the Hillary Campaign

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

The Gay General at the Debate Last Night works for the Hillary Campaign

A planted question from Hillary's campaign?? On CNN??? I REFUSE to believe this! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][url]http://www.electiongeek.com/blog/2007/11/29/republican-debate-questioner-is-part-of-clinton-campaign/[/url]

According to the post-debate wrapup on CNN as well as Town Hall one of the questions in tonights CNN/YouTube debate was asked by retired colonel Keith Kerr who is a member of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual Americans For Hillary Steering Committee, or in short someone associated with her campaign.

Bill Bennet who broke the news to Anderson Cooper on the post-debate wrap-up used the word “plant” in describing his question, which seems to be how Drudge & Town Hall are describing it.

Cooper apologized for the mix-up and said this associated should have been disclosed. More to the point, CNN should probably have done a better job in vetting these questions. Granted it might be difficult to know the life story of a snowman but a retired colonel is someone who would have some kind of public record not to mention a simple question like “are you associated with any of the candidates either directly or indirectly” would have been a nice question to ask those who submitted.

[B]They did bring Kerr to the debate floor and let him talk in addition to his video submission. In all that time preparing, it seems like that little fact should have come up.[/B]

Update: The Clinton campaign denies any involvement in the question which was confirmed by Kerr on CNN. [B]A[/B][B]lso National Review notes that Kerr’s questioning was taken out of the CNN/YouTube rebroadcast.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Here's Anderson "I'm a huge ass" Cooper's response:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28CCf4cEDpI[/url]

Further, there might be more instances of planted questions from John Edwards campaign: [url]http://www.electiongeek.com/blog/2007/11/29/follow-up-even-more-cnnyoutube-discoveries/[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was his question?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember this question from last night?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xuMVPtqoc[/url]

Here's response from the person who asked the question, with her true colors revealed... in campaign t-shirt form.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTVA6ZOsnQ[/url]

Now, I don't see this is a huge problem to the candidates. If they want to try to plant operatives in this debate, fine.

[B]But CNN should have been wise to this, and weeded out the planted questions. Remember, Democratic candidates REFUSED to take part in a Fox News debate because they were afraid of planted/biased questioning.[/B]

The Clinton News Network strikes again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad job by CNN, as it obviously should have been disclosed.

That said, still a legitimate question to ask aspiring commanders-in-chief and --weirdly enough-- it sounded critical of the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy installed by Bill Clinton.

Romney's "answer" was pretty telling, I thought.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not watch the debate.

Was the question valid?

What was the question?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2235734]I did not watch the debate.

Was the question valid?

What was the question?[/QUOTE]

The question was perfectly valid, it has to do with gays in the military.

My problem isn't with the General's question or that hippie girl's question about abortion.

But CNN had to have known about at least one of these people and chose to go with it anyway. CNN blew it big time.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2235726]Remember this question from last night?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xuMVPtqoc[/url]

Here's response from the person who asked the question, with her true colors revealed... in campaign t-shirt form.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTVA6ZOsnQ[/url][/QUOTE]

I watched the last ten minutes after getting home but followed the thread....I saw this post from AJF:

[QUOTE=angry jets fan;2234983]now ... an "undecided republican" for John Edwards[/QUOTE]

you'll enjoy this....

[QUOTE]1. Blue Dress Girl- Here Web Address: [url]http://likespring.livejournal.com/profile[/url] Clearly States she supports John Edwards and Keith Oberman

b o o k s a great and terrible beauty. a time to kill. biological exuberance. harry potter. i'm the one that i want. keeping you a secret. kiss my tiara. luna: a novel. the awakening. the great gatsby. the handmaid's tale. the street lawyer. the testament. the w effect: bush's war on women. what happened to lani garver.

m u s i c
    10,000 maniacs. abba. aerosmith. all-american rejects. anna nalick. backstreet boys. ben jelen. blake lewis. carrie underwood. cascada. christina aguilera. clay aiken. darren hayes. david bowie. dido. dixie chicks. franz ferdinand. garth brooks. george michael. george strait. jc chasez. jim verraros. joanna pacitti. joni mitchell. justin timberlake. kelly clarkson. laura pausini. mcfly. melissa etheridge. michael jackson. mika. nellie mckay. nick carter. nsync. pat benatar. placebo. protest the hero. queen. rascal flatts. rufus wainwright. sarah mclachlan. savage garden. snake river conspiracy. tatu. tegan and sara. tim mcgraw.

t e l e v i s i o n
    american idol. anderson cooper 360. countdown with keith olbermann. criminal minds. crossing jordan. csi: miami. degrassi. dancing with the stars. law & order (original). law & order: svu. mission: manband. singing bee. the colbert report. the daily show. unsolved mysteries. what not to wear. will & grace.

m o v i e s
    a little princess. a time to kill. alexander. bend it like beckham. but i'm a cheerleader. devil wears prada. dogma. finding neverland. harry potter. high school musical. kids in america. kiss kiss bang bang. legally blonde. life of david gale. mulan. music & lyrics. pirates of the caribbean. remember the titans. saved!. supersize me. talladega nights. the labyrinth. v for vendetta.

f a n d o m
    american idol. chris richardson/blake lewis. ryan seacrest/clay aiken. simon cowell/ryan seacrest. criminal minds. aaron hotchner/spencer reid. derek morgan/penelope garcia. harry potter. harry potter/draco malfoy. harry potter/luna lovegood. hermione granger/luna lovegood. ron weasley/hermione granger. sirius black/remus lupin. draco malfoy/pansy parkinson (platonic). popslash. justin timberlake/lance bass. jc chasez/lance bass. aj mclean/nick carter. nick carter/howie dorough. talladega nights. ricky bobby/jean girard. kiss kiss bang bang. perry/harry. high school musical. any variation of chad/troy/ryan. sharpay femmeslash. politics/news. john kerry/john edwards. any variation of jon stewart/stephen colbert/keith olbermann/anderson cooper.

o t h e r ♥
    activism. civil rights. debate. eddie izzard. fag hags. kathy griffin. law. love. making fun of the news. margaret cho. pandas. photoshop. rainbows.

f r i e n d i n g
    open to everyone with few requirements. all i ask is that you recognize and respect my own beliefs, and i will do the same for you; although it doesn't hurt if we share the same positions on a few things. i've had the issue in the past of friending people & then finding out we have almost nothing in common, so also make sure that we do share interests and such.

e l s e w h e r e
    myspace. gaia profile. icon resources.

c r e d i t s
    Layout code by thefulcrum. John Edwards moodtheme from machka at southern_hope.

I support John Edwards. Will You? [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-29-2007 at 12:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2235740]The question was perfectly valid, it has to do with gays in the military.

My problem isn't with the General's question or that hippie girl's question about abortion.

But CNN had to have known about at least one of these people and chose to go with it anyway. CNN blew it big time.[/QUOTE]

If the question is valid, it really doesn't matter except that it makes CNN look bad.

If they were asking questions like "Why is Rudy such a petty little douche?" then it matters more. But they were generally legitimate policy questions that should have been asked by someone anyhow.

That said, there wasn't a single question about energy policy, education or Iran -- all much more important issues than most of what was discussed last night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2235709]A planted question from Hillary's campaign?? On CNN??? I REFUSE to believe this! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What? I don't get any love?

[IMG]http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/jeff-gannon.jpg[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ho hum

What do these things really have to do with governing the country? Once again Democratic focus on secondary or tertiary issues, instead of primary ones. As an aside, the idea of an Edwards "plant" discussing medicolegal issues is hilarious. This guy has singlehandedly caused more problems and cost increases to health care than almost anyone. Remember the threat of OB-GYN's in North Carolina going on"strike"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the guy might work for Hillary but he still served 43 years and asked a valid question

this is not a Bush public appearance where the audience is pre-screened. it's a youtube debate and the people have spoken.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kaol;2235775] Remember the threat of OB-GYN's in North Carolina going on"strike"?[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yes. They couldn't practice their love with women, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2235781]the guy might work for Hillary but he still served 43 years and asked a valid question

this is not a Bush public appearance where the audience is pre-screened. it's a youtube debate and the people have spoken.[/QUOTE]

sure it is....and as someone who did not watch the Youtube debate from the democrats let me ask you:

did CNN allow any hard-core, anti-abortionist to ask obama about his vote against the Infancy Protection Act which amounted to a endorsement and continuance of of live birth abortions the way they let a pro-abortion, Edwards supporter to ask her question???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2235726]Remember this question from last night?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUTVA6ZOsnQ[/url]

Now, I don't see this is a huge problem to the candidates. If they want to try to plant operatives in this debate, fine.

[B]But CNN should have been wise to this, and weeded out the planted questions. Remember, Democratic candidates REFUSED to take part in a Fox News debate because they were afraid of planted/biased questioning.[/B]

The Clinton News Network strikes again.[/QUOTE]

Her question is asked ON NATIONAL TV and she says she saw Fred Thompson's response but "didn't see all of Ron Paul's response" ??

How the freak do you not see "all" of his response??? ....

She must have been in:

..A) mid-toke
    ..B) mid BJ

when the question was asked.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2235809]Her question is asked ON NATIONAL TV and she says she saw Fred Thompson's response but "didn't see all of Ron Paul's response" ??

How the freak do you not see "all" of his response??? ....

She must have been in:

..A) mid-toke
    ..B) mid BJ

when the question was asked.[/QUOTE]

She clearly didn't like Ron Paul's response so she conveniently "didn't see it."

If there's one issue Ron Paul has any expertise on, it would be abortion. Didn't he deliver several thousand babies in his career as a doctor?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2235750]What? I don't get any love?

[IMG]http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/jeff-gannon.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh God please stop with that picture... you can get your point across without it :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2235740]The question was perfectly valid, it has to do with gays in the military.

But CNN had to have known about at least one of these people and chose to go with it anyway. CNN blew it big time.[/QUOTE]

Of course they knew...the general appeared on CNN in 2003 talking about the same issue. CNNs excuse that they didnt know is bs. They flew the general there and paid for his hotel...would you expect anything less from CNN.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2235749]If the question is valid, it really doesn't matter except that it makes CNN look bad.

If they were asking questions like "Why is Rudy such a petty little douche?" then it matters more. But they were generally legitimate policy questions that should have been asked by someone anyhow.

That said, there wasn't a single question about energy policy, education or Iran -- all much more important issues than most of what was discussed last night.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're just reiterating my point. It makes CNN look straight-up foolish. Especially after the Democrats made such a big deal about refusing to debate on Fox News.

That being said, I agree with you that several key issues were ignored. If CNN wasn't so preoccupied with planting B.S. questions about gays in the military, maybe we could have heard about Iran policy or alternative sources of energy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big Brother (i.e. Hillary) is everywhere ... can even plant people in the republican debate.

How much power does America want to grant her?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is gays in the military (wasn't don't ask don't tell a policy supported by Bill Clinton?), whether you believe every word in the bible, Dick Cheney cartoon and VP power, etc. all questions burning in most peoples' minds?

[quote=nuu faaola;2235749]If the question is valid, it really doesn't matter except that it makes CNN look bad.

That said, there wasn't a single question about energy policy, education or Iran -- all much more important issues than most of what was discussed last night.[/quote]