Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion of Peace at it again...

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2237674]Bitonti and Kennyo7 will blame Bush for this in 3....2...1....[/QUOTE]

Why would I blame Bush??
    Its much easier to blame an entire religion for the stupid acts of a people whos literacy rate is 45% and average yearly income is less than 350 bucks

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2242296]Its much easier to blame an entire religion for the stupid acts of a people whos literacy rate is 45% and average yearly income is less than 350 bucks[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/mississippi.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2239204]I can.

Nuke the fuqers......[/QUOTE]

Hahahahah. God you never cease to amaze me... hahaha

I sincerely hope that the hatred and irrationality you exhibit on this board is balanced by overwhelming love and compassion for those close to you.
    Last edited by bigalbarracuda; 12-03-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2242825]I sincerely hope that the hatred and irrationality you exhibit on this board is balanced my overwhelming love and compassion for those close to you.[/QUOTE]

Remember...this is the same dude praying for a terrorist attack on the Democrat National Convention.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2242296]Why would I blame Bush??
    Its much easier to blame an entire religion for the stupid acts of a people whos literacy rate is 45% and average yearly income is less than 350 bucks[/QUOTE]

So we should just write off these acts as "stupid acts" but yet we should negotiate with these people? I can see why you see Nancy Pelosi as a hero.

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2242848]So we should just write off these acts as "stupid acts" but yet we should negotiate with these people? I can see why you see Nancy Pelosi as a hero.[/QUOTE]

When did i ever say we should negotiate with these idiots protesting in theSudan??
    Who are "these" people? Are you saying the fools in Sudan represent the majority opinion of the 1.5 Billion Muslims worldwide?
    Of course these are "stupid acts". How else would you describe them? Acts of hate? Sure. But we all know much of hatred stems from ignorance. And in a country where less than half of the population can read or write, there is a lot of ignorance

Veteran
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2242848]So we should just write off these acts as "stupid acts" but yet we should negotiate with these people? I can see why you see Nancy Pelosi as a hero.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was saying that at all. Of course these people are dangerous, illogical SOB's. But to dismiss the reason why is backwards. To generalize is backwards.

How better to fight an enemy than to understand them, understand their goals, tendencies, and reasoning?

Do you think that we sufficiently understand Islamic Terrorism and those it recruits?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2242838]Remember...this is the same dude praying for a terrorist attack on the Democrat National Convention.[/QUOTE]

And on 9/11/07 compared Jets fans who were talking about Belichick and Spygate to Islamic terrorists screaming "Death to America."

He's on my list of things to pray for.

[QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2242949]I don't think he was saying that at all. Of course these people are dangerous, illogical SOB's. But to dismiss the reason why is backwards. To generalize is backwards.

How better to fight an enemy than to understand them, understand their goals, tendencies, and reasoning?

Do you think that we sufficiently understand Islamic Terrorism and those it recruits?[/QUOTE]

to understand them is an utter waste of time. these are not rational people, hence the point of this thread. if i was in their country and they discovered me, they would behead me. however, right before they were cutting me, rest assured I would take solace in the fact that you would be sitting from afar trying to comprehend these people.

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2243163]to understand them is an utter waste of time. [B]these are not rational people[/B], hence the point of this thread. if i was in their country and they discovered me, they would behead me. however, right before they were cutting me, rest assured I would take solace in the fact that you would be sitting from afar trying to comprehend these people.[/QUOTE]

So then thats it. The only solution is to annhilate them. Cut them down like a bunch of irrational wild animals. We must get them before they get us. Theres no other solution

Veteran
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2243190]So then thats it. The only solution is to annhilate them. Cut them down like a bunch of irrational wild animals. We must get them before they get us. Theres no other solution[/QUOTE]

Actually I think that sums up their position quite well. Black and White world view.... no grey.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2243190]So then thats it. The only solution is to annhilate them. Cut them down like a bunch of irrational wild animals. We must get them before they get us. Theres no other solution[/QUOTE]

just last week peace was proposed and ground work was set between palestine and israel. just when it is announced, the palestinians are protesting against peace. do I think we should cut them down like a bunch of wild animals? No. But the idea of sitting down with them and trying to understand them is about as black and white a solution as cutting them down.

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2243264]just last week peace was proposed and ground work was set between palestine and israel. just when it is announced, the palestinians are protesting against peace. do I think we should cut them down like a bunch of wild animals? No. But the idea of sitting down with them and trying to understand them is about as black and white a solution as cutting them down.[/QUOTE]

Actually they were protesting the Israeli strikes inside Palestine against people dubiously labled "threats to Israel"

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2242949]I don't think he was saying that at all. Of course these people are dangerous, illogical SOB's. But to dismiss the reason why is backwards. To generalize is backwards.

Do you think that we sufficiently understand Islamic Terrorism and those it recruits?[/QUOTE]

You honestly think the jews in Israel don't understand their enemies? Why does Kenny keep talking about how ignorant and poor these people are, as if all ignorant and poor people are equally as likely to become terrorists and Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with this behavior. The hardline clerics were pushing for this protest, and fomenting this rage. It is certainly connected to Islam. To deny this is to expose yourself as a fool.

Yes, the overwhelming majority of muslims are not violent. Of course. But that doesn't mean Islam has nothing to do with the equation...that literacy and povery are the only things that matter - that's nonsense. You guys think conservatives are simplistic in their "nuke em all!", but so are you. You dismiss the (ridiculously obvious) influence of Islam here and you guys prattle on about "understanding" as if that means anything. The Jews in Israel understand the goals of muslim arabs perfectly well, trust me. It is precisely BECAUSE they understand these goals that they do what they do, trust me. This is not a failure of understanding that causes the violence, rather, it is the complete understanding that causes it. Jews understand that arabs want to kill them and take their land. They understand that, though the majority of individual muslims probably want peace, that those in power and those with influence do not. That's what they understand and it's valid because it's true...they nderstand that they are surrounded by tens of millions of arabs who have done nothing but attack them and foment hatred against them. And that's ain't changing any time soon. And they understand that every time the negotiate in good faith, the arabs screw them over. By your logic, ANY gripe or opinion becomes valid simply because it exists. If "understanding" is a goal and and of itself, all that does is reward those who take extreme and violent positions, because the onus is thrust upon others to "understand" it and people who refuse to compromise are left off the hook, and the world pressures the more reasonable party and blames them for all failures in negotiations. The arabs won't even admit that Israel has a right to exist as a jewish state and Hamas has already said that no matter what gets negotiated, they'll never stop working towards Israel's destrcution. Ah, but it is the West's failure to "understand" this that is a huge factor. Brilliant, that.....
    Last edited by jets5ever; 12-03-2007 at 03:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2243228]Actually I think that sums up their position quite well. Black and White world view.... no grey.[/QUOTE]

Kenny's view is just as black and white. Hey blames the Jews and America for everything. He honestly doesn't even think any arabs hate jews. He thinks Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism. He's a cartoon character, dude, get over yourself.

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2243407]Kenny's view is just as black and white. Hey blames the Jews and America for everything. He honestly doesn't even think any arabs hate jews. He thinks Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism. He's a cartoon character, dude, get over yourself.[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension my friend....take your own advise ..pick up the Kaplan LSAT prep book you highly tout.

I dont blame Jews and America for everything. I simply say that they have had a hand in causing some of the problems. Of course in your narrow minded world, this means I "blame Jews and American for everything".

No, I know that there are Arabs out there who hate Jews. But they are in the minority. Just like there are a minority of Jews who hate Arabs.

Islam is just a small player in terrorism. In your cartoonish world, Islam is the sole reason for terrorism. You can accept that there are other more important factors leading to terrorism.

Your a joke. Really you are. No wonder you despise academia. God forbid you should take the time and think about the problem at hand.

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2243395]You honestly think the jews in Israel don't understand their enemies? Why does Kenny keep talking about how ignorant and poor these people are, as if all ignorant and poor people are equally as likely to become terrorists and Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with this behavior. The hardline clerics were pushing for this protest, and fomenting this rage. It is certainly connected to Islam. To deny this is to expose yourself as a fool.

Yes, the overwhelming majority of muslims are not violent. Of course. But that doesn't mean Islam has nothing to do with the equation...that literacy and povery are the only things that matter - that's nonsense. You guys think conservatives are simplistic in their "nuke em all!", but so are you. You dismiss the (ridiculously obvious) influence of Islam here and you guys prattle on about "understanding" as if that means anything. The Jews in Israel understand the goals of muslim arabs perfectly well, trust me. It is precisely BECAUSE they understand these goals that they do what they do, trust me. This is not a failure of understanding that causes the violence, rather, it is the complete understanding that causes it. Jews understand that arabs want to kill them and take their land. They understand that, though the majority of individual muslims probably want peace, that those in power and those with influence do not. That's what they understand and it's valid because it's true...they nderstand that they are surrounded by tens of millions of arabs who have done nothing but attack them and foment hatred against them. And that's ain't changing any time soon. And they understand that every time the negotiate in good faith, the arabs screw them over. By your logic, ANY gripe or opinion becomes valid simply because it exists. If "understanding" is a goal and and of itself, all that does is reward those who take extreme and violent positions, because the onus is thrust upon others to "understand" it and people who refuse to compromise are left off the hook, and the world pressures the more reasonable party and blames them for all failures in negotiations. The arabs won't even admit that Israel has a right to exist as a jewish state and Hamas has already said that no matter what gets negotiated, they'll never stop working towards Israel's destrcution. Ah, but it is the West's failure to "understand" this that is a huge factor. Brilliant, that.....[/QUOTE]

If this post wasnt so tragically scary it might actually be funny. Your level of ignorance is truly amazing. And you have the audacity to call yourself better than the "stupid professors in academia"????

Wow! Absolutely amazing

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2243515]Reading comprehension my friend....take your own advise ..pick up the Kaplan LSAT prep book you highly tout.

I dont blame Jews and America for everything. I simply say that they have had a hand in causing some of the problems. Of course in your narrow minded world, this means I "blame Jews and American for everything".

No, I know that there are Arabs out there who hate Jews. But they are in the minority. Just like there are a minority of Jews who hate Arabs.

Islam is just a small player in terrorism. In your cartoonish world, Islam is the sole reason for terrorism. You can accept that there are other more important factors leading to terrorism.

Your a joke. Really you are. No wonder you despise academia. God forbid you should take the time and think about the problem at hand.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. Islam is a small player. Arabs hate jews to the same degree as jews hate arabs. That's what passes as insight in your circles?

Let me ask you this - does the President of Iran hate jews, in your opinion?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2243522]If this post wasnt so tragically scary it might actually be funny. Your level of ignorance is truly amazing. And you have the audacity to call yourself better than the "stupid professors in academia"????

Wow! Absolutely amazing[/QUOTE]

I am smarter than most academics. Believe me, it's nothing to brag about. You probably are too.

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2243528]Oh, I see. Islam is a small player. Arabs hate jews to the same degree as jews hate arabs. That's what passes as insight in your circles?

Let me ask you this - does the President of Iran hate jews, in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Just like countless Israeli leaders have hated Arabs (some publically admitting to do so).

Let me ask you this, if the Muslim World underwent industrialization and modernization, had a vibrant working/middle class, lived as much of Western Europe does, and was not exploited by its own corrupt leaders and outsiders, do you think extremism and terrorism would be as rampant?

Religion has been a means "to rally the troops" for centuries. For centuries , christians used it as a rally cry. Of course the true motive of the leaders was never religious in nature. But its a great way to enlist stupid, uneducated poor ,people with little hope of a better life to put their lives on the line for you. The difference is most christians underwent a ennaisance/enlightenment period followed by industrial revolution that produced a viable middle class. Religion could no longer be used as a tool on these people because now there was hope for a life of meaning. The Muslim world on a whole missed out on this. Poor folks in the Muslim world make up a majority and for them there is no hope. Thats why religion still has a meaning to them the way Christians had centuries ago. Thats why islam is still used as an effective battle cry for them (but no so much for us).