Thread: Hostages taken at Clinton's N.H Campaign office

Hostages taken at Clinton's N.H Campaign office

......Attention: It might be time to do a head count here........

Hostages taken at Clinton N.H. office

MSNBC staff and news service reports
    updated 16 minutes ago
    ROCHESTER, N.H. - A man claiming to have a bomb walked in to Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign offices Friday and took hostages, police and witnesses said.

The man had what appeared to be a bomb strapped to himself, said Bill Shaheen, a top Clinton state campaign official. He took two hostages, both volunteers, and released others, Shaheen said.

WNBC-TV in New York quoted an unidentified law enforcement source as saying the man wanted to speak with Clinton.

Clinton, who was in Washington, D.C., canceled a speaking engagement and was meeting with staffers.

Witnesses described the man as in his 40s with salt-and-pepper hair.

Shaheen said the hostages were two volunteers. "Hopefully, they're going to negotiate this so no one gets hurt," Shaheen told WMUR-TV in Rochester.

WMUR-TV quoted a woman, Lettie Tzizik, saying she spoke to someone who said she had just been released by the man.

"A young woman with a 6-month- or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape.'"

Police surrounded the building, evacuated the immediate area and placed other buildings, including a nearby school, under lockdown.

"There are sharpshooters on the roof, and police are negotiating with someone in the building," another witness told WMUR-TV. "There are fire trucks behind the Hillary Clinton office."

Workers for Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign office in Rochester also were evacuated, a campaign spokesman said. The office is four doors away from Clinton’s. Staffers in John Edwards’ office, a few buildings away, evacuated as well.

Located 75 miles north of Boston in neighboring Massachusetts, Rochester is home to 30,117 people and the site of one of 16 of Clinton's offices in the state, according to Clinton's campaign Web site.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Apparently the hostages were just released, so that's the good news. Still trying to find out what this sicko wanted in the first place. What was he going to say to Hillary?

They are reporting that the hostage taker is a guy in his 40's with a history of mental problems. I'm not sure all the hostages were released. They are saying one might still be being held.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, I'm now getting conflicting reports myself on whether all hostages were released or if there's at least one more held. I guess they'd have the guy in cuffs by now if there were no hostages left.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2238123]They are reporting that the hostage taker is a guy in his 40's with a history of mental problems. I'm not sure all the hostages were released. They are saying one might still be being held.[/QUOTE]

hmmm....

any coincidence plumberkahn and his butty cr have not been on this forum today????

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;2238062]What was he going to say to Hillary?[/QUOTE]

I like your meaty thighs?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2238135]I like your meaty thighs?[/QUOTE]

fuqin funny......

You can't even make this up.
    Now MSNBC is reporting that the man's son ran into the restaurant across the street and said his dad was drunk and strapped road flairs on himself and went into the campaign office.

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2238164]You can't even make this up.
    Now MSNBC is reporting that the man's son ran into the restaurant across the street and said his dad was drunk and strapped road flairs on himself and went into the campaign office.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, that's hilarious

I feel like if the restaurant was a Denny's, the comedy quotient would rise exponentially.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Slick:

[URL="http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/30/hostage-situation-at-clinton-office-in-nh/index.html?hp"]http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/30/hostage-situation-at-clinton-office-in-nh/index.html?hp[/URL]

4:10 p.m. Mitt Romney’s campaign released a statement saying they have asked all the campaign field offices to “lock all exterior doors and be on alert for any suspicious individuals.”
    “We’ve also reminded all Romney campaign employees in Boston and across the country to be cognizant when entering or exiting staff offices so as not to allow anyone into offices who is not authorized.”
    “Everyone is keeping those involved in the situation in our thoughts and prayers right now as well, with hopes of a safe resolution.”

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2238164]You can't even make this up.
    Now MSNBC is reporting that the man's son ran into the restaurant across the street and said his dad was drunk and strapped road flairs on himself and went into the campaign office.[/QUOTE]

maybe he wanted to prove he could be a hot date for one of hillary's workers.....

was he a "plant"? :P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2238134]hmmm....

any coincidence plumberkahn and his butty cr have not been on this forum today????[/QUOTE]

I'm in my 30s...
    ;)

Sorry I actually work for a living and can't post 18k like your sad self. I am not in my 40's either. Sorry, but once again you are dead wrong and not entertaining, no shock there.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2238134]hmmm....

any coincidence plumberkahn and his butty cr have not been on this forum today????[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-30-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Hillary must be loving this ... taking the heat (her dropping polls and campaign miscues) off ... and she gets to do what she does best ... play the victim

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=angry jets fan;2238590]Hillary must be loving this ... taking the heat (her dropping polls and campaign miscues) off ... and she gets to do what she does best ... play the victim[/QUOTE]

Yup.

She is the Shawn Hornbeck of politics.

What a hussy.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2238605]Yup.
    She is the Shawn Hornbeck of politics.
    QUOTE]

:)