Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138

Thread: This country

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564

    This country

    Just wanted your thoughts:

    There was this country. It was founded by killing 11.5 million of the 12 million people already there.
    The countries founders this said that they wanted to start this country based on FREEDOM. They were slave owners.
    The country makes its children pledge their allegiance to its flag. 2 other countries had such a thing: Nazi Germany, And Italy under El Duce.

    Can you name this country?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Just wanted your thoughts:

    There was this country. It was founded by killing 11.5 million of the 12 million people already there.
    The countries founders this said that they wanted to start this country based on FREEDOM. They were slave owners.
    The country makes its children pledge their allegiance to its flag. 2 other countries had such a thing: Nazi Germany, And Italy under El Duce.

    Can you name this country?
    The USA has very little in common with either Nazi Germany or Facist Italy.

    It is quite true that the native peoples of America were wiped out by European colonisation; the same thing happened in my country. Maybe this has a cultural vestige in the way people think about native peoples today, but it is also very true that the 'white' people around today did not commit the crimes that led to the founding of the USA or any other country. I am not guilty for something someone did 200 years ago.

    All freedom is relative; freedom is nothing more than an overused word. I would be careful of the word 'freedom' in particular when it is used by any official, either elected or unelected.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Just wanted your thoughts:

    There was this country. It was founded by killing 11.5 million of the 12 million people already there.
    The countries founders this said that they wanted to start this country based on FREEDOM. They were slave owners.
    The country makes its children pledge their allegiance to its flag. 2 other countries had such a thing: Nazi Germany, And Italy under El Duce.

    Can you name this country?
    This coming from someone who is crying about the downfall of the Gate D spirals. Stay classy, dude!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    This coming from someone who is crying about the downfall of the Gate D spirals. Stay classy, dude!
    Thank-you, my friend.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    The USA has very little in common with either Nazi Germany
    Well, thats true in part. Hitler only killed 5 million to 6 million Jews.
    Our forefathers killed twice that amount in indians. But whay are there no remembrance days for american indians?
    BECAUSE WE STILL LIVE AND RULE HERE!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    it is also very true that the 'white' people around today did not commit the crimes that led to the founding of the USA or any other country. I am not guilty for something someone did 200 years ago.
    I'm not calling out any of you guys....don't worry.
    Just pointing out some facts that probably weren't forced fed to
    you in school like say...
    The Pledge of Allegiance.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Well, thats true in part. Hitler only killed 5 million to 6 million Jews.
    Our forefathers killed twice that amount in indians. But whay are there no remembrance days for american indians?
    BECAUSE WE STILL LIVE AND RULE HERE!!!!!




    I'm not calling out any of you guys....don't worry.
    Just pointing out some facts that probably weren't forced fed to
    you in school like say...
    The Pledge of Allegiance.
    i'm sorry man, but all i can say is..if it bothers u that much...get a passport and move to another country.
    I dont see why people make such a big deal about the pledge of allegiance. I just think people look too deep into things, but it is what it is.
    Is there a remembrance day for all the Jews that were killed in the holocaust?? If there is, let me know what day.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On some beach... somewhere...
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    i'm sorry man, but all i can say is..if it bothers u that much...get a passport and move to another country.
    I dont see why people make such a big deal about the pledge of allegiance. I just think people look too deep into things, but it is what it is.
    Is there a remembrance day for all the Jews that were killed in the holocaust?? If there is, let me know what day.
    April 15 is a day of remembrance for six million Jews who perished during the Holocaust

    November is National American Indian Heritage Month

    So the both of you can shut up already.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    i'm sorry man, but all i can say is..if it bothers u that much...get a passport and move to another country.
    I dont see why people make such a big deal about the pledge of allegiance. I just think people look too deep into things, but it is what it is.
    Is there a remembrance day for all the Jews that were killed in the holocaust?? If there is, let me know what day.
    Did you say "get a pass-port and move to another country" ??
    Well, aren't you knowledgeable about the world.
    I guess I have the wrong kind of passport. Mine only allows for
    admittance to other countries for short durations.

    And what about killing 11 million ...forget the numbers...
    What is it about killing 90% of an ENTIRE RACE that doesn't bother you?
    Is it because you prefer to live in your American fast-food, network TV haze??

    I bet you feel stronger about the holocaust than you do about the founding of this country.
    Why?
    BEcause that's how you were TOLD to feel.

    It's OK, though...not everyone is cut out to think for themselves.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanTransplant View Post
    April 15 is a day of remembrance for six million Jews who perished during the Holocaust

    November is National American Indian Heritage Month

    So the both of you can shut up already.
    good to know. You learn something new everyday.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    good to know. You learn something new everyday.
    So 26--

    I was still wondering how you felt about all the dead indians?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Did you say "get a pass-port and move to another country" ??
    Well, aren't you knowledgeable about the world.
    I guess I have the wrong kind of passport. Mine only allows for
    admittance to other countries for short durations.

    And what about killing 11 million ...forget the numbers...
    What is it about killing 90% of an ENTIRE RACE that doesn't bother you?
    Is it because you prefer to live in your American fast-food, network TV haze??

    I bet you feel stronger about the holocaust than you do about the founding of this country.
    Why?
    BEcause that's how you were TOLD to feel.

    It's OK, though...not everyone is cut out to think for themselves.
    i'm sorry you feel the way you do man. You say you arent calling anyone out, but if im relaying my opinion to you......why get so offended. Out of curiosity where do you get your facts and solid evidence of something that apparently happened hundreds of years ago. Where do you get those #'s?
    Obviously thats a tragedy what happend, but the way society is, it is overlooked. I cant explain it and I'm not condoning it obviously in any way.
    Also, how am I thinkging for myself??
    Lastly, this thread def needs an OT before the thread title...

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    It's OK, though...not everyone is cut out to think for themselves.
    That's not very nice.

    All the Indians had to do was put an arrow through the head of every white man that stepped foot on North America. They choose not to. Hindsight is 20/20.

    Every great civilization is founded on the enslavement and/or genocide of subjected peoples. We are no different. Could we have done different? probably. But white people are douche bags. If there is money to be made, old white men don't care too much about what natural beauty/civilization/race they overrun and decimate to achieve their goals.

    How do we rectify our blackened history? By wagging our fingers in shame at other cultures that do similar things we did.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    So 26--

    I was still wondering how you felt about all the dead indians?
    i feel very bad for the dead indians.....what do you want me to say??
    Last edited by jetscc26; 12-02-2007 at 10:19 AM.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    where do you get your facts and solid evidence of something that apparently happened hundreds of years ago.
    They just moved to Boca.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,827
    My people are Sicilian immigrants. Not sure if they killed any indians. But, they are doing their part to pay restitution. Everytime they go to Foxwoods, Turning Stone, or Mohegan Sun casino's. If we all just double down a little more often we can make a difference.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by jetscc26 View Post
    i'm sorry you feel the way you do man. You say you arent calling anyone out, but if im relaying my opinion to you......why get so offended. Out of curiosity where do you get your facts and solid evidence of something that apparently happened hundreds of years ago. Where do you get those #'s?
    Obviously thats a tragedy what happend, but the way society is, it is overlooked. I cant explain it and I'm not condoning it obviously in any way.
    Also, how am I thinkging for myself??
    Lastly, this thread def needs an OT before the thread title...
    OT: Isn't this the POLITICAL forum?
    I'm speaking about the beginnings of our country.

    Facts: there are tons of sources that say over 11 million were killed. And because there is actually IS some form of freedom in this country..you can find it on the NET. I wasn't going to go digging up bones, I'm a busy man.

    And all I wanted..is that some people just question some of the stuff that they were told in school. Especially around thanksgiving. I mean I have no use for the people who just blindly and passionately spew the patriotic non-sense that's been drilled into their heads.
    You said "if you don't like it leave"
    That's the mentality right there.
    But we've gotten past that with some debate. that's great.

    And as far as other "civil"izations being founded on killing and all that fun stuff...that's absolutely correct. But my thoughts about this go WAY beyond what kind of discussions should be on a political forum. I'll save my opinions about our species when I come across the philosophy forum.

    But basically, what pisses me off so much about the situation HERE is the flagrant HYPOCRISY about our origins! I mean...kill off an entire race, and a few hundred years later...make a holiday out of it...eat Turkey, have a parede and make it a feel good day.

    Simply amazing!!

    And don't think I haven't had may share of Turkey and Lasagna on the third thursday in November..cause I have.

    I'm part of the Hypocrisy as well.
    It just doesn't sit as well with me as it might with others.

    Question.
    Think.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Massapequa, NY
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    OT: Isn't this the POLITICAL forum?
    I'm speaking about the beginnings of our country.

    Facts: there are tons of sources that say over 11 million were killed. And because there is actually IS some form of freedom in this country..you can find it on the NET. I wasn't going to go digging up bones, I'm a busy man.

    And all I wanted..is that some people just question some of the stuff that they were told in school. Especially around thanksgiving. I mean I have no use for the people who just blindly and passionately spew the patriotic non-sense that's been drilled into their heads.
    You said "if you don't like it leave"
    That's the mentality right there.
    But we've gotten past that with some debate. that's great.

    And as far as other "civil"izations being founded on killing and all that fun stuff...that's absolutely correct. But my thoughts about this go WAY beyond what kind of discussions should be on a political forum. I'll save my opinions about our species when I come across the philosophy forum.

    But basically, what pisses me off so much about the situation HERE is the flagrant HYPOCRISY about our origins! I mean...kill off an entire race, and a few hundred years later...make a holiday out of it...eat Turkey, have a parede and make it a feel good day.

    Simply amazing!!

    And don't think I haven't had may share of Turkey and Lasagna on the third thursday in November..cause I have.

    I'm part of the Hypocrisy as well.
    It just doesn't sit as well with me as it might with others.

    Question.
    Think.
    to each their own brother, obviously we all have our own views on certain things. I'm not really one to get into political 1 on 1 debates on a Jets forum online, so to each his own.
    Lasagna on Thanksgiving??? interesting....but im sure delicious.
    Anyway, im done with this...Happy Holidays.
    Go Jets!

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,935
    it is a big planet; if the life here does not suit you, by all means get the hell out

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusher View Post
    My people are Sicilian immigrants. Not sure if they killed any indians. But, they are doing their part to pay restitution. Everytime they go to Foxwoods, Turning Stone, or Mohegan Sun casino's. If we all just double down a little more often we can make a difference.
    Hahah!

    I'm Italian American too.

    Sicilians have been some of the most oppressed people in the World throughout history.
    What's endearing is their refusal to complain about it!

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagoots View Post
    Hahah!

    I'm Italian American too.

    Sicilians have been some of the most oppressed people in the World throughout history.
    What's endearing is their refusal to complain about it!
    they didn't complain... they formed the Mafia, another great tribute to the human race.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us