Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This country

Hall Of Fame
    Well my family (maternal side) are American Indian. Iroquois Nation - Oneida's to be more specific, we believe the Bear Clan (still researching).

My paternal side is Norwegian. They didn't begin to emrigrate to US until 4 Generations ago. None were slave owners, none were pioneers, none were murderers of Indians.

As a matter of fact, my Great Great Grandfather (Irishman on moms side now), who married the Grand Daughter of a Oneida Chief, helped in restoring negotions among the Iroquois tribes some time after the split during the American Revolution.
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 12-02-2007 at 11:07 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2239865]Hahah!

I'm Italian American too.

Sicilians have been some of the most oppressed people in the World throughout history.
    What's endearing is their refusal to complain about it![/QUOTE]

It's because most Sicilians are Catholics, and along with that comes the guilt. Some how they are convinced they deserve it.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2239832] But white people are douche bags.[/QUOTE]
    How do you really feel?

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2239876]Well my family (maternal side) are American Indian. Iroquois Nation - Oneida's to be more specific, we believe the Bear Clan (still researching).

My paternal side is Norwegian. They didn't begin to emrigrate to US until 4 Generations ago. None were slave owners, none were pioneers, none were murderers of Indians.

As a matter of fact, my Great Great Grandfather (Irishman on moms side now), who married the Grand Daughter of a Oneida Chief, helped in restoring negotions among the Iroquois tribes some time after the split during the American Revolution.[/QUOTE]

Ah...the Norwegians. Proud Viking history. Now THERE'S a benevolent bunch!
    If they can't kill it, steal it of F it...BURN IT!!!!

The happy wanderers.

[QUOTE=The Crusher;2239877]It's because most Sicilians are Catholics, and along with that comes the guilt. Some how they are convinced they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

I just can't, for the life of me, WHY an organized religion in power would want their subjects to fell constant guilt.
    LOL

Wait..am I talking about the Roman Catholics, or the Religious right who run this country?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2239914]Ah...the Norwegians. Proud Viking history. Now THERE'S a benevolent bunch!
    If they can't kill it, steal it of F it...BURN IT!!!!

The happy wanderers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cause you know all Norwegians were Vikings.

Geez man, are you naturally some kind of azzhole or what? So what piece of sh!t heritage are you?

By-the-way, when you learn anything about my heritage, or even that of the Vikings, other than the crap you watch on TV, let me know.

You speak of Americans as ignorantly following what they are told. You a guilty of the same.
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 12-02-2007 at 11:44 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2239916]I just can't, for the life of me, WHY an organized religion in power would want their subjects to fell constant guilt.
    LOL

Wait..am I talking about the Roman Catholics, or the Religious right who run this country?[/QUOTE]

I guess in some crude form guilt leads to a conscious.

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2239919]Yeah, cause you know all Norwegians were Vikings.

Geez man, are you naturally some kind of azzhole or what? So what piece of sh!t heritage are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm Aborigine.

Hey, I was just responding to you because you thought you were off the hook. When in fact, your ancestors are OG!!

Cool friggin hats, though. Gotta give em' that.

[QUOTE=The Crusher;2239921]I guess in some crude form guilt leads to a conscious.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. My theory is control. Thought control - the best kind.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2239908]How do you really feel?[/QUOTE]

Im not sure...the jury is still out.

Not only am I the president of Average White Guys are Douchebags Society, I am also a member...;)

Veteran
    Gagoots me with a spoon. you're a complete tool. As if we don't all know what the origins of our nation were. This isn't 1950's america anymore. As a matter of fact, this kind of stuff is rammed down our throats more often than i would like. Our nation's fathers did everything that they felt was necessary to get out of oppression, they did so by oppressing. Not right, but it is what it is. We're becoming a much more touchy feely nation now, and we have all of the months as representing a certain feeling of "please love this group for next thirty days." Personally I think that we do need to realize where we come from, but I'm not going to live my life in ANY form of prostration for the work of people 300 + years ago. Hind sight is always 20 20 and you need to get off of your soap box and shut the hell up.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2239924]I'm Aborigine.

Hey, I was just responding to you because you thought you were off the hook. When in fact, your ancestors are OG!!

Cool friggin hats, though. Gotta give em' that.[/QUOTE]

Again you speak ignorantly. Nowhere have I indicated my ancestors were Vikings. You make a continuous ass out of yourself by assuming so.

Further, even if my ancestors WERE Vikings, you obviously know NOTHING about true Viking history other than some Hagar the Horrible comic strip.

Look it up and come back here and try to impose your irgnorance & short-sightedness a little more.

Those in glass houses...

[QUOTE=ubrnostrum;2239948]Gagoots me with a spoon. you're a complete tool. As if we don't all know what the origins of our nation were. This isn't 1950's america anymore. As a matter of fact, this kind of stuff is rammed down our throats more often than i would like. Our nation's fathers did everything that they felt was necessary to get out of oppression, they did so by oppressing. Not right, but it is what it is. We're becoming a much more touchy feely nation now, and we have all of the months as representing a certain feeling of "please love this group for next thirty days." Personally I think that we do need to realize where we come from, but I'm not going to live my life in ANY form of prostration for the work of people 300 + years ago. Hind sight is always 20 20 and you need to get off of your soap box and shut the hell up.[/QUOTE]

Well, I like this. You are up front and honest about not giving a crap.
    Most people try and hide behind clueless political oppression,
    but YOU'RE saying As long as you have a good life, screw the 11 mil we sole this land from by killing. It's hypocrisy and I don't care!

Honestly is always better.

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2239953]Again you speak ignorantly. Nowhere have I indicated my ancestors were Vikings. You make a continuous ass out of yourself by assuming so.

Further, even if my ancestors WERE Vikings, you obviously know NOTHING about true Viking history other than some Hagar the Horrible comic strip.

Look it up and come back here and try to impose your irgnorance & short-sightedness a little more.

Those in glass houses...[/QUOTE]

OK.
    I'm being ignorant.
    right.
    Oh, and short sighted- good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2239961]OK.
    I'm being ignorant.
    right.
    Oh, and short sighted- good.[/QUOTE]

Glad you are man enough to admit it. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Where's CBTNY.....not a good inauguration into the political forum....:D

[QUOTE=Gagoots;2239659]Just wanted your thoughts:

There was this country. It was founded by killing 11.5 million of the 12 million people already there.
    The countries founders this said that they wanted to start this country based on FREEDOM. They were slave owners.
    The country makes its children pledge their allegiance to its flag. 2 other countries had such a thing: Nazi Germany, And Italy under El Duce.

Can you name this country?[/QUOTE]

This country was founded on the priniciples in the Declaration of Independence and later an agreed upon set of principles layed out in a Constitution.

Like almost every civilization the failure of people to live up to lofty principles or apply them to all lead to widespread death and destruction. I still believe the principles this country was founded on still rank as the model for any generation who lived in any corner of this world at any time in it's history.

What a steaming load of whine. Dear lord.

How do I feel about the dead indians of 200+ years ago? Just fine actually. I wasn't there, nor were any of MY reletives. There was a conflict over land, in a time where soft-*****-ass PC multicuturalism didn't rule the day.

We won. They lost. Like hundreds of other civilizations before them, the "Native" Americans (who were not native at all, just earlier immigrants, they too came from elsewhere) could not adapt, could not organize (just like the Scottish Clans, who's refusal to unite left us easy pickings for England), and hence were destroyed by a superior group. Life's a *****, and then you get beat.

And for once I agree, if you hate this country, how it was built, what it stands for, and how we do business so ****ing much, why are you here? Why not go somewhere where your enlightend everyone-is-absolutely-equal PC doublespeak is more widely accepted, a place where no one would ever kill another person for anything. Good luck finding it, as pretty much every nation has some history of murder, rape and pillaging to get what they have today.

I mean really, what is your actual complaint here? Or are you just being yet another self-hating whining ***** aimlessly crying like a little ***** into the breeze, to make yourself feel better about your own life?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2239971]What a steaming load of whine. Dear lord.

How do I feel about the dead indians of 200+ years ago? Just fine actually. I wasn't there, nor were any of MY reletives. There was a conflict over land, in a time where soft-*****-ass PC multicuturalism didn't rule the day.

We won. They lost. Like hundreds of other civilizations before them, the "Native" Americans (who were not native at all, just earlier immigrants, they too came from elsewhere) could not adapt, could not organize (just like the Scottish Clans, who's refusal to unite left us easy pickings for England), and hence were destroyed by a superior group. Life's a *****, and then you get beat.

And for once I agree, if you hate this country, how it was built, what it stands for, and how we do business so ****ing much, why are you here? Why not go somewhere where your enlightend everyone-is-absolutely-equal PC doublespeak is more widely accepted, a place where no one would ever kill another person for anything. Good luck finding it, as pretty much every nation has some history of murder, rape and pillaging to get what they have today.

I mean really, what is your actual complaint here? Or are you just being yet another self-hating whining ***** aimlessly crying like a little ***** into the breeze, to make yourself feel better about your own life?[/QUOTE]

Game.....set....match....great post!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2239971]What a steaming load of whine. Dear lord.

I mean really, what is your actual complaint here? Or are you just being yet another self-hating whining ***** aimlessly crying like a little ***** into the breeze, to make yourself feel better about your own life?[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper:

And some of my ancestors were part of this...
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 12-02-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: 'Cause Gagoots is a retard.