View Poll Results: Who should play for the title?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ohio St. vs. Georgia

1 14.29%
  • Ohio St. vs. LSU

2 28.57%
  • Ohio St. vs. Va. Tech

1 14.29%
  • Georgia vs. LSU

0 0%
  • Georgia vs. Va. Tech

0 0%
  • LSU vs. Va. Tech

1 14.29%
  • Where's USC?

0 0%
  • Where's Oklahoma?

0 0%
  • Where's Kansas?

0 0%
  • Where's Hawaii? (If you pick this option, it had better come with a heck of an an explanation.)

2 28.57%

Thread: Who should play for the title?

Who should play for the title?

Wondering what everyone thinks about the mess that last night caused. My personal title game would be LSU vs. Va. Tech, but I think it'll be LSU vs. Ohio St. What I wouldn't give to see a playoff this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayjoe View Post
    Wondering what everyone thinks about the mess that last night caused. My personal title game would be LSU vs. Va. Tech, but I think it'll be LSU vs. Ohio St. What I wouldn't give to see a playoff this year.
    LSU already beat VT by 40. Should be Ohio State without question and I guess LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    LSU already beat VT by 40. Should be Ohio State without question and I guess LSU.
    And you could def. make anargument that way. My question would be why Ohio St.? What puts OSU in over say Georgia? Is that one loss differential worth the massive difference in strength of schedule? Not saying it isn't, just looking for other perspectives. You would have to admit, Goergia played a significantly better schedule than OSU, no?

Hall Of Fame
    And you could def. make anargument that way. My question would be why Ohio St.? What puts OSU in over say Georgia? Is that one loss differential worth the massive difference in strength of schedule? Not saying it isn't, just looking for other perspectives. You would have to admit, Goergia played a significantly better schedule than OSU, no?
    At the end of the year, yes. However, remember these schedules are made years in advance. When Ohio State scheduled Miami for 2010, they were coming off of back-to-back appearances in the BCS title game. How is that matchup looking now? In 2010 will people be saying OSU didn't play anyone, too? BTW, Virginia Tech and USC are coming up in the next couple of years on their schedule. It isn't OSU's fault that Washington had a down year.

It's hard to dispute Ohio State deserves to play in the championship.

Even if I don't think they are one of the two best teams and even if I think they won't be competitive in the championship game again. They did what they had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    It's hard to dispute Ohio State deserves to play in the championship.

Even if I don't think they are one of the two best teams and even if I think they won't be competitive in the championship game again. They did what they had to do.
    You can definitely make that case, but to me, a 2-loss season through Georgia's schedule is far more impressive than a 1-loss season through Ohio State's schedule.

Hall Of Fame
    I'll go with Hawaii vs Ohio to make discussion. If Hawaii beats Georgia then you have an undefeated team that beat the 4th ranked team which means they should have had a shot at the title. Two problems if they play Ohio and beat them it opens a can of worms for the BCS because now they have a lesser school that was undefeated as champs and any year there is a undefeated team they should have a shot at the title the other problem if Hawaii got beat by Ohio and LSU beat Georgia then LSU would be pissed they didn't have a shot at the title. One extra game would help this out a lot. Have 1 play 4 2 ply 3 and the winners play for the BCS and rank teams like Hawaii at 4 so they have to play a good team to prove they belong.

This would be a good thread for the main page.

You can definitely make that case, but to me, a 2-loss season through Georgia's schedule is far more impressive than a 1-loss season through Ohio State's schedule.
    And I agree and I think Georgia is the better team, but it is hard to penalize Ohio State for a non-conference schedule that was made years in advance. That said there is still a double standard with Hawaii. If you make the case Ohio State did what they had to do then you have to make the same case for Hawaii. Again even if we know they aren't the better team.