Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Mike Huckabee lying about illegal immigration?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Huckabee lying about illegal immigration?

Looks like Mr. Huckabee is very upset that his opponents are telling the truth on his record --He's an open borders zealot. I've been following this topic real close for a long while and I've always disliked him because he's always agreed with Jorge Bush on illegal immigration:

1) Give unlimited amnesties -- Of course, this stoodge disguises them as "earned legalizations" and not amnesties.

2) Allow unlimited amounts of guest-workers for corporate America to exploit -- he has been Tyson Chicken's (in Rogers, Arkansas) biggest cheerleader, which is notorious for firing local workers (many times already poor Americans) and replacing them with cheap labor.

[b]Point: Huckabee needs to be a "man" and tell the truth about his stance on illegal immigration (much like Hillary and Obama are) and stop lying to Republican's that he wants to control the problem.[/b] Last thing we need is another liar in the White House!

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3943214&page=1[/url]
    Last edited by Riggins44; 12-02-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Improve Link

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44;2241468]Looks like Mr. Huckabee is very upset that his opponents are telling the truth on his record --He's an open borders zealot. I've been following this topic real close for a long while and I've always disliked him because he's always agreed with Jorge Bush on illegal immigration:

1) Give unlimited amnesties -- Of course, this stoodge disguises them as "earned legalizations" and not amnesties.

2) Allow unlimited amounts of guest-workers for corporate America to exploit -- he has been Tyson Chicken's (in Rogers, Arkansas) biggest cheerleader, which is notorious for firing local workers (many times already poor Americans) and replacing them with cheap labor.

[b]Point: Huckabee needs to be a "man" and tell the truth about his stance on illegal immigration (much like Hillary and Obama are) and stop lying to Republican's that he wants to control the problem.[/b] Last thing we need is another liar in the White House!

[url]http://mikehuckabeepresident2008.blogspot.com/2006/05/mike-huckabee-on-illegal-immigration.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where I stand on the current illegal immigration crisis, but I started another thread on illegal immigration called "This Country".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44;2241932]This is a different thread....This is about a suddenly "hot" (according to the mainstream media hacks) GOP candidate that knows he can't get elected based on his true record on illegal immigration, so he lies and says he's a reformer.

I mean if Hillary Clinton, a true liberal, has to skirt around this issue, why is this ugly clown Huckabee given a free pass, when he's been step by step with Bush and the left on this issue?

Actually, I give Guiliani a small pass on this topic, because he was the mayor in a very liberal city....so how could he come out strongly against illegal immigration? Maybe he'll change ( a huge "if") if he becomes president?

But Huckabee is from a very conseravative state and would basically tell Arkansas' citizens of any color or race that had lost their jobs to illegal aliens -- shut the f*ck about illegal immigration...I want them here and if you say anything about the negative aspects, you are racist!

P.S: I read your other thread very briefly and have no comment....I'm a "legal immigrant" to this country and everyone I known has waited in line for privilage -- some waited decades.

No disrepsect intended, gagoots, but, quite honestly, I had nothing to do with the strife between the pilgrims and native Americans 300 years ago, so I can't answer that.....You can ask Wolfe Blitzer, Elenor Clift and all the other brilliant liberals in the media about potential reperations.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack.
    Illegal immigration is very touchy subject...This is just a gut opinion but
    I have a feeling that alot of conservatives would be on the other side were political correctness not such a force in this society.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44;2241932]

No disrepsect intended, gagoots, but, quite honestly, I had nothing to do with the strife between the pilgrims and native Americans 300 years ago, so I can't answer that.....You can ask Wolfe Blitzer, Elenor Clift and all the other brilliant liberals in the media about potential reperations.[/QUOTE]

or dumbdawg here tomorrow for that matter.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44;2242026]Actually, I don't see illegal immigration as a "touchy subject" at all...Way I see it, a country has laws or does not have laws, right?

If I walked into your house without permission and sat my a$$ on the couch and claimed "I'm staying here forever because I want a better life", you'd be sprinting to your phone to call the cops to have me arrested.

However, we can have 30 million people waltz into the country illegally and take all kinds of handouts (free medical, free education, ect) and we're told this is a "touchy subject"....touchy to which liberal icon, Keith Olbermann?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they could all come, and there could be a war...they could win, wipe us out and to sugar coat the "theft" of land to future generations celebrate some kind of BS feel-good holiday where they all ate beans in 200 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gagoots;2241811]I'm not sure where I stand on the current illegal immigration crisis[/QUOTE]

Something that is ILLEGAL has reached, in your words, CRISIS proportions...

and you are not sure where you stand on it ?? :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such an easy thing to be against, why is it still an issue? GW should of shut them out years ago.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2242363]Something that is ILLEGAL has reached, in your words, CRISIS proportions...

and you are not sure where you stand on it ?? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2242368]Such an easy thing to be against, why is it still an issue? GW should of shut them out years ago.[/QUOTE]

Gagoots seems to be the one unable to form an opinion..not me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Riggins44;2241468]Looks like Mr. Huckabee is very upset that his opponents are telling the truth on his record --He's an open borders zealot. I've been following this topic real close for a long while and I've always disliked him because he's always agreed with Jorge Bush on illegal immigration:

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3943214&page=1[/url][/QUOTE]

The sites I've read said he wants to build a fence and deport/fine illegals that are already here. He also wants to make the process of legalization more rigorous.

I admit I am just getting into politics so I can't sift through a lot of the garbage but Huckabee's really grown on me. He seems really comfortable campaigning and seems to have a lot of charisma. He's religious and big into family values and what not but at the same time I haven't seen him shove his religion down other people's throats.

What am I missing?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2244043]The sites I've read said he wants to build a fence and deport/fine illegals that are already here. He also wants to make the process of legalization more rigorous.

I admit I am just getting into politics so I can't sift through a lot of the garbage but Huckabee's really grown on me. He seems really comfortable campaigning and seems to have a lot of charisma. He's religious and big into family values and what not but at the same time I haven't seen him shove his religion down other people's throats.

What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

He was starting to get interesting to me as well.

Folks are now saying that his recent 'tough' stance on immigration has been manufactured and his record and previous statement don't support it.

Similiar things are being thrown out on his stance on taxes.

Looks like some research will be required.

flushingjet
    sr. huckster, absolutamente

[URL]http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2005/06/30/News/323746.html[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think the CEO of Tyson Foods played a part in what he was saying or not saying in his speech?

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2246764]sr. huckster, absolutamente

[URL]http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2005/06/30/News/323746.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

flushingjet
    dont forget the huckster freeing a serial rapist/murderer- wayne dumond

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, Huckabee - soft on immigration, raises taxes and has shady connections.

Paul - no one's tough on immigraton, never voted to raise a tax, no shady connections.