3 - Miguel Cabrera, 3B
    4 - Magglio Ordonez, RF
    5 - Gary Sheffield, DH
    6 - Carlos Guillen, 1B
    7 - Edgar Renteria, SS
    8 - Jacque Jones/Marcus Thames, LF
    9 - Ivan Rodriguez, C

Inge playing C,3B,1B,Corner outfield

lmao, like I said. It's going to get UGLY for AL pitchers. That lineup is by far the best lineup in the league.

great trade for the tigers, but i dont think its as lopsided as it looks, maybins gonna be a great player, and the marlins got A LOT back, good trade on both sides IMO.

i dunno why, but i think dontrelle is gonna get rocked in the AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    1 - Curtis Granderson, CF
    2 - Placido Polanco, 2B
    3 - Miguel Cabrera, 3B
    4 - Magglio Ordonez, RF
    5 - Gary Sheffield, DH
    6 - Carlos Guillen, 1B
    7 - Edgar Renteria, SS
    9 - Ivan Rodriguez, C

WOW, i forgot they got renteria. that is a nasty lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22 View Post
    great trade for the tigers, but i dont think its as lopsided as it looks, maybins gonna be a great player, and the marlins got A LOT back, good trade on both sides IMO.

i dunno why, but i think dontrelle is gonna get rocked in the AL.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54 View Post
    as of this moment....its a tossup between tigers and red sox for the best team in the league. yankees are probably 4th/maybe 5th behind indians and angels.
    Out of curiosity, how do you figure?

Obviously I am a bit biased here (as are you), but last I checked, once the Yankees got healthy last year and the Abreu's and Cano's of the world actually remembered how to hit, the Yankees had the best record in baseball (I believe it was 51-29 in the last 80 games). They were, without a doubt, the best team in baseball for the last 4 months of the season.

Next year, a very similar team to that one will be returning with a better pitching staff.

Lets not forget that the Yankees still have the best offense in baseball (although the Tigers will give us a run for our money next year) and some very strong pitchers. Maybe I'm crazy, but unless the Sox get Santana, I love the Yankees chances of winning the East.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post

Obviously I am a bit biased here (as are you), but last I checked, once the Yankees got healthy last year and the Abreu's and Cano's of the world actually remembered how to hit, the Yankees had the best record in baseball (I believe it was 51-29 in the last 80 games). They were, without a doubt, the best team in baseball for the last 4 months of the season.

Next year, a very similar team to that one will be returning with a better pitching staff.

Lets not forget that the Yankees still have the best offense in baseball (although the Tigers will give us a run for our money next year) and some very strong pitchers. Maybe I'm crazy, but unless the Sox get Santana, I love the Yankees chances of winning the East.
    The Tigers have the best offensive lineup and it's not really close. Adding Cabrera, now to a team where he can't be pitched around is just comedy. They have 3-4 legit guys who you can say "He can be the MVP this year"

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    The Tigers have the best offensive lineup and it's not really close. Adding Cabrera, now to a team where he can't be pitched around is just comedy. They have 3-4 legit guys who you can say "He can be the MVP this year"
    I'm not sure how you can say that it is not close when the Yankees outscored the Tigers by 81 runs last year. Yes, they have a better offense next year than they had last year. No doubt about that. Is it 81 runs better? That's very questionable.

I'm assuming you miss-typed with the "not really close" comment because anyway you want to compute it, it will definitely be close.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Granderson
    Renteria
    Cabrera
    Sheffield
    Ordonez

is a nasty front 5, not to mention if Thames figures out how to be consistent...add in Inge, Irod, Jones, Polonco all solid players.

and the rotation!!!
    Inge will get dealt or will be a sub (Cabrera is taking his spot).

Wow, though. Just imagine what Miggy will do now that pitchers can't just walk him

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan2290 View Post
    As of right now the Red Sox still have a team taht only had a 2 game lead over the yankees and lost the regular season series.
    as of right now, the red sox are the reigning world champions

as of right now, the red sox are the reigning world champions
    That doesn't really mean anything when looking towards next season. The Cards didn't make the playoffs after they won the WS, ditto the White Sox, Marlins and Angels.

The only team to make the playoffs after winning the WS the last 5 years was the Red Sox, ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post

here we go..............

well i obviously hope that you arent counting october in one of those 4 months that the yankees were the without a doubt the best team in baseball.
    its pretty much the same exact team in fact for the yankees. and for the red sox as of now, of course. but you have to figure that dice-k will be drastically better now that he has a year under his belt. buchholz should emerge, lester if he stays too, beckett should match last year, schilling will continue to decline, but should be solid. wakefield should be reliable as always. sox are lining up to have a 6-man rotation, which should be benetial to everyone.
    for the yanks, hughes should continue to develop into a stud, pettite will probably start to decline, mussina who knows, wang should progress, kennedy should emerge. everyone says joba is gonna all of a sudden turn into a stud starter like hughes. well joba has proven absolutley nothing as a starter. yankees still would have no true #1 ace if everything remains the same. wang proved he could not shoulder the load of being an ace this past october.
    bullpen would go to the red sox . rivera is another year older, the bullpen savior is presumabley gone in joba, and after that the yanks bullpen is very questionable. farnsworth was good towards the end, but that only seemed to happen when joba came along. papelbon should keep his outstanding performance up, okajima might decline a little bit, delcarmen i think is ready to emerge, timlin should give them another decent year, and after that who knows. so rotation, i still say advantage red sox, and bullpen still advantage red sox.

offense would still go to the yankees but not by a wide margin. and its pretty safe to say the tigers offense has surpassed the yankees as the best in the game.

and as we have proven, pitching wins championships, and the red sox still have better pitching than the yankees, even without santana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3 View Post
    That doesn't really mean anything when looking towards next season.
    ok, and your previous statement of how the red sox finished 2 games ahead of the yankees doesnt mean anything when looking towards next season.

ok, and your previous statement of how the red sox finished 2 games ahead of the yankees doesnt mean anything when looking towards next season.
    That wasn't my statement.

That wasn't my statement.
    As of right now the Red Sox still have a team taht only had a 2 game lead over the yankees and lost the regular season series.
    well its pretty damn close.

well its pretty damn close.
    jetsfan2290 =/ Ikeyman3

English? Do you speak it?

jetsfan2290 =/ Ikeyman3

English? Do you speak it?
    really regardless of who said what nonsense, yanks and sox are probably once again gonna both be in the playoffs once again.

really regardless of who said what nonsense, yanks and sox are probably once again gonna both be in the playoffs once again.
    I'm not too sure about that.

There are lots of good teams in the AL. Cleveland, Detroit and the Twins should compete for a playoff spot, and the A's and Angels are always in the mix somehow. Blue Jays, and the D-Rays won't be easy wins next year either. The AL East is no walkover.

Parity in baseball is at an alltime high, only the Yankees even made the playoffs two years in a row.
    Last edited by IM3; 12-05-2007 at 01:32 AM.

I'm not too sure about that.

There are lots of good teams in the AL. Cleveland, Detroit and the Twins should compete for a playoff spot, and the A's and Angels are always in the mix somehow. Blue Jays, and the D-Rays won't be easy wins next year either. The AL East is no walkover.

Parity in baseball is at an alltime high, only the Yankees even made the playoffs two years in a row.
    twins i think are out of the mix, with losing hunter and most likely losing santana and possibly even nathan. for some reason, i just dont think cleveland will match last years success. i think having joe borowski as their closer is gonna catch up with them. tigers should win the central. and the a's might be blowing up their team. so it really comes down to cleveland, detriot, boston, and new york for 3 spots in my eyes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    1 - Curtis Granderson, CF
    2 - Placido Polanco, 2B
    3 - Miguel Cabrera, 3B
    4 - Magglio Ordonez, RF
    5 - Gary Sheffield, DH
    6 - Carlos Guillen, 1B
    7 - Edgar Renteria, SS
    9 - Ivan Rodriguez, C

Curtis Granderson
    Edgar Renteria
    Magglio Ordonez
    Miguel Cabrera
    Carlos Guillen
    Gary Sheffield
    Ivan Rodriguez
    Marcus Thames/Jacque Jones
    Placido Polanco

Or they could stick Cabrera in LF and keep Inge at 3rd which would be better for defensive purposes. Either way its a nasty nasty lineup. They have like 4-5 guys that could hit a legit .330.