Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did a Movie Director find OBL?

Did a Movie Director find OBL?

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22115291/[/url]

[quote]Rumors are flying that filmmaker Morgan Spurlock of "Super Size Me" fame may have done what the United States government has failed to do for the last six years find Osama bin Laden. [/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    Look, Bin Laden is of Saudi Arabian decent. Bush is "in bed" with the Saudis for business. We ALL KNOW THIS. It's NO SURPRISE, that with all of our Military technology that we can't find Bin Laden. IMO, our military's directive ISN'T to find Bin Laden at all! Our Commander in Chief most-likely has a lot at stake if he's found. So therefore, he's NOT going to be found. It took a filmaker like Spurlock, who's in the Middle East and NOT UNDER AMERICAN LAWS to actually do some work and find Bin Laden. My point is bascially this; if GWB wanted Bin lADEN FOUND, HE'D BE dead BY NOW! Proof is in the pudding with how efficiently Saddam Hussein was captured and disposed of by our Military. I KNOW that our Men and Women serving our counrty with PRIDE overseas are doing their job! I give all of my respect to them! It's just a shame that a sham like George W. Bush is at the head of ALL of OUR problems!

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;2251212]Look, Bin Laden is of Saudi Arabian decent. Bush is "in bed" with the Saudis for business. We ALL KNOW THIS. It's NO SURPRISE, that with all of our Military technology that we can't find Bin Laden. IMO, our military's directive ISN'T to find Bin Laden at all! Our Commander in Chief most-likely has a lot at stake if he's found. So therefore, he's NOT going to be found. It took a filmaker like Spurlock, who's in the Middle East and NOT UNDER AMERICAN LAWS to actually do some work and find Bin Laden. My point is bascially this; if GWB wanted Bin lADEN FOUND, HE'D BE dead BY NOW! Proof is in the pudding with how efficiently Saddam Hussein was captured and disposed of by our Military. I KNOW that our Men and Women serving our counrty with PRIDE overseas are doing their job! I give all of my respect to them! It's just a shame that a sham like George W. Bush is at the head of ALL of OUR problems![/QUOTE]

Wow.

Dare I ask who took down the WTC?

Banned
    Here's a movie still:

[img]http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/s/A/patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg[/img]

bit, at least post the entire article so we all can see it's a ridiculous P.R. ploy to make people watch another crappy Spurlock movie...

[QUOTE]...The speculation first began at the Berlin International Film Festival in February, where Spurlock showed a select group of potential buyers 15 minutes of footage from his new documentary, "Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden?" The film follows Spurlock through the Middle East in his search for the elusive leader of al-Qaida. According to Slashfilm.com, The Weinstein Co. quickly snapped up the picture after seeing the clips.

Adding to the belief, Daniel Marracino, the film's director of photography, is quoted in Variety, saying of the movie, "We've definitely got the Holy Grail."

Whether this is just a genius publicity ploy or if Spurlock actually found bin Laden has yet to be revealed, but the answer should come next year, when the documentary is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.

[IMG]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/071205/071205_where_hmed_10a.hmedium.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Give me a break.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2251227]bit, at least post the entire article so we all can see it's a ridiculous P.R. ploy to make people watch another crappy Spurlock movie...

Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

note that i put a question mark in the thread title

could it be a ploy? yes. could it be real? yes. that's why I posted it as a question.

28 days was a very good show done by Spurlock on FX.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2251227]bit, at least post the entire article so we all can see it's a ridiculous P.R. ploy to make people watch another crappy Spurlock movie...

Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    If he found him....why didn't he call it in.

Im sure the reward is considerably more money than whatever revenues he thinks his flick will generate

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;2251212][B]Look, Bin Laden is of Saudi Arabian decent. Bush is "in bed" with the Saudis for business. [/B] We ALL KNOW THIS. It's NO SURPRISE, that with all of our Military technology that we can't find Bin Laden. IMO, our military's directive ISN'T to find Bin Laden at all! Our Commander in Chief most-likely has a lot at stake if he's found. So therefore, he's NOT going to be found. It took a filmaker like Spurlock, who's in the Middle East and NOT UNDER AMERICAN LAWS to actually do some work and find Bin Laden. My point is bascially this; if GWB wanted Bin lADEN FOUND, HE'D BE dead BY NOW! Proof is in the pudding with how efficiently Saddam Hussein was captured and disposed of by our Military. I KNOW that our Men and Women serving our counrty with PRIDE overseas are doing their job! I give all of my respect to them! It's just a shame that a sham like George W. Bush is at the head of ALL of OUR problems![/QUOTE]

Except that the Saudi Gov't kicked Bin Laden out of the country in 1994. So Bush's connection to them doesn't really matter in terms of finding someone they both have a reason to kill.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SINYJets;2251254]Except that the Saudi Gov't kicked Bin Laden out of the country in 1994. So Bush's connection to them doesn't really matter in terms of finding someone they both have a reason to kill.[/QUOTE]

Why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

the us military-industrial/oil giants financed these very extremists who they now want to use our tax dollars to squash

when are these numbnuts american going to learn that policing the world doesnt work.

if Bush really wanted Bin Laden dead he'd be dead by now.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251248]note that i put a question mark in the thread title

could it be a ploy? yes. could it be real? no. A red-headed American filmmaker with a big budget and a camera crew would not be able to get within 500 miles of Osama Bin Laden. These people may live in caves, but they certainly aren't stupid. We're the stupid ones for believing this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

fixed.

[QUOTE=NYSE;2251252]If he found him....why didn't he call it in.

Im sure the reward is considerably more money than whatever revenues he thinks his flick will generate[/QUOTE]

Glaringly kick-you-in-the-balls obvious problem #1

pauliec i can't help but see shades of the WMD issue here

you are jumping to conclusions based on what you want to believe

over time the truth will be revealed, one way or the other.

im not saying he found him... but he could have... stranger things have happened.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;2251212]Look, Bin Laden is of Saudi Arabian decent. Bush is "in bed" with the Saudis for business. We ALL KNOW THIS. It's NO SURPRISE, that with all of our Military technology that we can't find Bin Laden. IMO, our military's directive ISN'T to find Bin Laden at all! Our Commander in Chief most-likely has a lot at stake if he's found. So therefore, he's NOT going to be found. It took a filmaker like Spurlock, who's in the Middle East and NOT UNDER AMERICAN LAWS to actually do some work and find Bin Laden. My point is bascially this; if GWB wanted Bin lADEN FOUND, HE'D BE dead BY NOW! Proof is in the pudding with how efficiently Saddam Hussein was captured and disposed of by our Military. I KNOW that our Men and Women serving our counrty with PRIDE overseas are doing their job! I give all of my respect to them! It's just a shame that a sham like George W. Bush is at the head of ALL of OUR problems![/QUOTE]

The ingorance in this thread is astounding... the ignorance in this post is saddening.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2251308]Glaringly kick-you-in-the-balls obvious problem #1[/QUOTE]

is?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NYSE;2251359]is?[/QUOTE]

The fact some people have no concept of reading comprehension? Sigh.

So what if he did? OBL has frequently brought the media to himself. OBL is probably hanging out in an area of Pakistan we can't enter or he is dead. The reporter gets chaffeured to OBL. The US causes an international incident with an unstable nuclear power if we go in uninvited.

An international incident? You are now worried about what may happen after we take action in another country? Why aren't we allowed in that part of Pakinstan? They are our ally correct?

So much for being wanted Dead or Alive.

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2251375]So what if he did? OBL has frequently brought the media to himself. OBL is probably hanging out in an area of Pakistan we can't enter or he is dead. The reporter gets chaffeured to OBL. The US causes an international incident with an unstable nuclear power if we go in uninvited.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NYSE;2251359]is?[/QUOTE]

is? is what? is what you said, that the FBI has a massive reward out for him