Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: teen pregnancy - up!

teen pregnancy - up!

[quote]
    Today the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released its preliminary report on births in America, and some of the news was surprising. For the first time in 14 years, between 2005 and 2006, the teen birthrate rose. Specifically, teen births jumped 3 percent, or an extra 20,000 births.

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/2007/r071205.htm[/url]

[/quote]

first time in 14 years, eh?

guess that 1 billion dollars for abstinence only programs Bush admin flushed down the toilet is really paying off!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2251379]first time in 14 years, eh?

guess that 1 billion dollars for abstinence only programs Bush admin flushed down the toilet is really paying off![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]“It’s way too early to know if this is the start of a new trend, ”[/QUOTE]

One year after YEARS of successful reduction does not make a trend.

Even still, you can't take any of these numbers for face value.

They need to be put up against items such as "UNWANTED PREGNANCIES" the "CHANGES IN THE NUMBER OF ABORTIONS."

Only an ingorant FOOL would assume that because the raw number of teen births is up, it is because of one supposed failed program.

Could it be a complete failure... sure... but to assume so without exploring the related issues is pure stupidity.
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 12-07-2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: 'Cause the pats* suck

This is clearly the fault of Government policy and has nothing to do with failed parenting and personal responsability.

you bush supporters are something else

even when presented with clear evidence of incompetance, with the source being an unbiased government agency

yet you still back the man

that's really something. when you guys commit to something you really commit.

i like that. it's like the captain of the titanic going down with the ship.

teen pregancy rises for the first time in over a decade? oh there's no way this is related to the oh-so-stupid abstinance only policy of Bush.

it's probably Bill Clinton's fault.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2251409]One year after YEARS of successful reduction does not make a trend.

Even still, you can't take any of these numbers for face value.

They need to be put up against items such as "UNWANTED PREGNANCIES" the "CHANGES IN THE NUMBER OF ABORTIONS."

Only an ingorant FOOL would assume that because the raw number of teen births is up, it is because of one supposed failed program.

Could it be a complete failure... sure... but to assume so without exploring the related issues is pure stupidity.[/QUOTE]

what do you expect- the BDS sufferers will go to extremes to make their case.....it's like a heroin addiction....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2251450]you bush supporters are something else

even when presented with clear evidence of incompetance, with the source being an unbiased government agency

teen pregancy rises for the first time in over a decade? oh there's no way this is related to the oh-so-stupid abstinance only policy of Bush.

it's probably Bill Clinton's fault.[/QUOTE]

Ok first off Genius. I never said a thing about Clintons Fault.

Second, there has been a drop in pregnancies for the first 6 years of Bush's presidency, I suppose that's a failure too.

Third, I clearly stated that this SINGLE YEAR could very well be a program FAILURE, however, looking at the Raw data in a vaccuum is indeed IGNORANT.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but you MUST consider the other factors before making a reasonable conclusion.

Take a stats class or something man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251450]you bush supporters are something else

it's probably Bill Clinton's fault.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Just wow.

The conclusions people can draw are astounding.:eek:

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2251468]
    Third, I clearly stated that this SINGLE YEAR could very well be a program FAILURE, however, looking at the Raw data in a vaccuum is indeed IGNORANT.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but you MUST consider the other factors before making a reasonable conclusion.

Take a stats class or something man.[/QUOTE]

i don't really get what you are saying, raw data isn't enough, what more are you looking for? anecdotal evidence?

please enlighten me, what extra data are we waiting for to pass judgement?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2251496]i don't really get what you are saying, raw data isn't enough, what more are you looking for? anecdotal evidence?

please enlighten me, what extra data are we waiting for to pass judgement?[/QUOTE]

Sigh, did you even read my first post?

as the numbers of immigrants from illegal countries rise, namely mexico and central america.... :eek: I better stop, dont want to offend the libs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251496]i don't really get what you are saying, raw data isn't enough, what more are you looking for? anecdotal evidence?

please enlighten me, what extra data are we waiting for to pass judgement?[/QUOTE]

Your assumption that teen pregnancy is solely affected by a single program is a slightly flawed mathematical analysis.[understatement intended]
    And since these teenagers were raised years ago, maybe 'it takes a village' was a worse message than abstinance...
    Last edited by Piper; 12-07-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Pregenancy isn't a government policy it's a result of sex without birth control among fertile couples. While wasting money on absitnance programs to me seems like a waste of time, blaming Bush because birth rates on the rise among women not only in their teens but in their 20's, 30's and 40's seems a bit off the wall to me.

[url]http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf[/url]

Bit - before you make ridiculous posts, read the stats. Until this year, teen pregancy rates have been declining every year. However, you blame Bush for one year which can be attreibuted to many things, but fail to praise him for his other years when the rates were down.

Stick to evaluating college prospects. You are quite excellent at that.

Hall Of Fame
    Bitonti - I simply refuse to believe you are this stupid. Didn't you used to be a reasonably intelligent poster?

How about the word NO, it seems to me these jackasses dont know what NO means. Of course they come from parents that never used NO themselves. You reap what you sow! Hey Bit everything is Bush's fault you my friend are a dipstick and more then evil!

[QUOTE=jets5ever;2251544]Bitonti - I simply refuse to believe you are this stupid. Didn't you used to be a reasonably intelligent poster?[/QUOTE]

yeah you guys are right

telling teens not to have sex instead of showing them how to use condoms is a great idea

you are all smart, im actually the stupid one

how could I doubt such an intelligent policy

might be the greatest government policy in the history of the union.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2251450]it's probably Bill Clinton's fault.[/QUOTE]

Well, he does...[I][SIZE="5"].get around.[/SIZE][/I]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251582]yeah you guys are right

telling teens not to have sex instead of showing them how to use condoms is a great idea

you are all smart, im actually the stupid one

how could I doubt such an intelligent policy

might be the greatest government policy in the history of the union.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize the programs were mutually exclusive.

your gal Hillary will fixed this! :rolleyes:

[quote=bitonti;2251379]first time in 14 years, eh?

guess that 1 billion dollars for abstinence only programs Bush admin flushed down the toilet is really paying off![/quote]

[QUOTE=angry jets fan;2251601]your gal Hillary will fixed this! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

this is true... shell convince all women to lick carpets and well all be :steamin: