Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There They Go Again

There They Go Again

Wait until the Liberals control the White House and the media ...

NBC rejects ad from conservative group

[URL]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071207/ap_en_tv/rejected_ad[/URL]

Excerpt ...

WASHINGTON - NBC has rejected a TV ad by Freedom's Watch, a conservative group that supports administration policy in Iraq, that asks viewers to remember and thank U.S. troops during the holiday season.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE][B]NBC Rejects Ad From Conservative Group
    By JIM KUHNHENN – 2 hours ago [/B]

WASHINGTON (AP) — NBC has rejected a TV ad by Freedom's Watch, a conservative group that supports administration policy in Iraq, that asks viewers to remember and thank U.S. troops during the holiday season.

NBC said it declined to air the ad because it refers to the group's Web site, which the network said was too political, not because of the ad's message.

"Anybody in the world who would look at this ad would come away with nothing other than we should thankful for their service," Freedom's Watch president Brad Blakeman said.

The spot was to be part of a seven-figure campaign that includes newspaper ads and television commercials. The ads are to run on CNN and Fox News Channel and are running in various newspapers. The New York Times ran a full-page Freedom's Watch ad Friday that said "Thank You!" and depicted a soldier reading a letter. The newspaper ad also contained the Web site address. [I]wonder if the Slimes offered them a discount????[/I]

Alan Wurtzel, NBC's head of standards and practices, said the network decided not to run the Freedom's Watch ad because the group insisted that the spot contain the URL address of its Web site.

The Freedom's Watch Web home page contains links for visitors to demonstrate their support for the troops. It also contains a welcoming message that states: "For too long, conservatives have lacked a permanent political presence to do battle with the radical special interests groups and their left-wing allies in government."

[B]"We have a policy that prohibits acceptance of advertising that deals with issues of public controversy," Wurtzel said. [/b] [I](:rotfl: yet they run sitcoms about homo's who go cruisin for other homo's..not a big deal but let's at least call a spade a spade)[/I]"This particular ad, in and of itself, is fine. It thanks the troops for their action overseas. We asked them to eliminate a URL address where a person is asked to contact elected officials and told not to cut and run on the war on terror."

NBC rejected a previous Freedom's Watch ad that addressed funding for the troops.

"It's a long-term policy, it goes back decades," Wurtzel said of NBC's stance of declining controversial issue advertising.

He suggested that Freedom's Watch did not alter the ad in order to force NBC to reject it and thus get media attention.

"Candidly, some folks have found that you get more attention when an ad is not accepted," he said.

Blakeman acknowledged that Freedom's Watch wants viewers of the ad to visit its Web site and said NBC's actions amounted to censorship.

Freedom's Watch has emerged as one of the best financed independent conservative groups in this election cycle.

[/QUOTE]

but hey- if it was an ad berating a soldier or general I'm sure they'd let them run it at a reduced rate.....

what happened to the free market fellas

i guess that only applies when corporations do what you like

when they don't... then what? government should step in and force them to change their policies?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251651]what happened to the free market fellas

i guess that only applies when corporations do what you like

when they don't... then what? government should step in and force them to change their policies?[/QUOTE]

there is no "free market" when the media has an agenda and slant to the left....it's all one sided as shown above....

Hey CBTY you are beating a horse!

NBC is owned by General Electric, one of the largest defense contractors on the planet.

Please tell us more about how GE is a bunch of tree-hugging libtards.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2251673]NBC is owned by General Electric, one of the largest defense contractors on the planet.

Please tell us more about how GE is a bunch of tree-hugging libtards.[/QUOTE]

seriously! and you call me a conspiracy theorist, listen to yourselves sometimes

everything is a left wing conspiracy

meanwhile ge makes a ton of weapons and defense systems

this is not about politics it's about a company doing what it determines to be in it's best interests. if you are the conservatives you claim to be you'll have no problem with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2251673]NBC is owned by General Electric, one of the largest defense contractors on the planet.

who said anything about tree huggers???

please stay on the topic if possible...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2251683]seriously! and you call me a conspiracy theorist, listen to yourselves sometimes

everything is a left wing conspiracy

meanwhile ge makes a ton of weapons and defense systems

this is not about politics it's about a company doing what it determines to be in it's best interests. if you are the conservatives you claim to be you'll have no problem with that.[/QUOTE]

and for the leftist lunatics at NBC, who run the cable news network MSNBC, it is never in their best interests to allow other points of view such as support for soldiers, the war on terror or anything else that infringes with their leftist agenda....

if one claims to be an independent they'd have absolutely no problem admitting as much.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[B]Please tell us more about how GE is a bunch of tree-hugging libtards[/B].[/QUOTE]

btw: isn't NBC proud to now be known as "the green network"???"?

[QUOTE]
    NBC Universal's 'Green Is Universal' Initiative Includes More Than 150 Hours Of Green-Themed Content

Ongoing Plans to Create Cleaner Operations Worldwide

Funding Awarded to Environmentally-Focused Organizations
    (CSRwire) NEW YORK - October 23, 2007 - NBC Universal announced details for more than 150 hours of environmentally themed content encompassing all of NBCU's divisions across multiple platforms for the week of Nov. 4 - 10. Additionally, the company took further steps to green its own operations worldwide, and for the first time, will award funds from the NBC Universal Foundation to three environmentally-focused organizations. The announcements, part of NBC Universal's ongoing "Green Is Universal" initiative, were made by Jeff Zucker, President and CEO, NBC Universal and Lauren Zalaznick, Chairman, NBC Universal Green Council and President, Bravo Media.

"The environment has become both a corporate and cultural issue," said Zucker. "As a leading media and entertainment company, NBC Universal has a responsibility, both in our own operations
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.csrwire.com/News/9978.html[/url]

your constant propensity for error is mind-boggling....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2251721]btw: isn't NBC proud to now be known as "the green network"???"?

[url]http://www.csrwire.com/News/9978.html[/url]

your constant propensity for error is mind-boggling....[/QUOTE]

What error? I said NBC is owned by GE, one of the world's biggest defense contractors.

It is.

Isn't this thread about an Iraq-policy ad?
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 12-07-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2251740]What error? I said NBC is owned by GE, one of the world's biggest defense contractors.

It is.

Isn't this thread about an Iraq-policy ad?[/QUOTE]

comical...

it's amazing how quickly the leftists on this forum forget what they post...

[SIZE="4"][B]
    Please tell us more about how GE is a bunch of tree-hugging libtards.[/B][/SIZE]

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2251652]there is no "free market" when the media has an agenda and slant to the left....it's all one sided as shown above....[/QUOTE]

Um, yes, that would still be the free market.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2251748]comical...

it's amazing how quickly the leftists on this forum forget what they post...[/QUOTE]

You're having a hard time with the fact that GE --the owner of the network you are deriding as a communist propaganda unit for not running some rightie Iraq ad-- is a huge defense contractor and an icon of free-market capitalism.

Rather than debate the facts of this thread, on the merits of which you have been crushed, you are instead parsing my sarcasm.

Pretend I had asked you to tell me more about how GE is a bunch of "libtard commies" instead of tree huggers, and proceed.

Please tell me how or why General Electric is part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. I'm waiting.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

let's review your idiocy...maybe if I go [I]slooowwwllly[/I] then it will sink in...but I'm not expecting much.....

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2252077]You're having a hard time with the fact that GE --the owner of the network you are deriding as a communist propaganda unit for not running some rightie Iraq ad-- is a huge defense contractor and an icon of free-market capitalism.[/QUOTE]

interesting....I've never claimed NBC was communist; just a left leaning media source....as for the fact that GE is a defense contractor, it is meaningless and has no bearing on your usual pathetic arguement...there are 100's of companies in this nation which have many branches and unit's that don't work in unison....to make the claim that NBC is not slanted to the left because their parent company GE is a defense contractor is as pathetic as trying to make excuses that the NYSLimes did not purposely give Moveon an unwarrented discount on an ad to berate a US general....been there, done that in your case....

in essence your sad arguement amounts to admitting defense contractors are pariah's to rat wingers and rat wing politicians....that's the only conclusion since, in your simple mind, GE the defense contractor has no chance of being liberal or having liberal tendencies....of course the programming nature of GE owned NBC never entered into your equation, but that's expected....

now let's see how you continue on in idiotic fashion....

[QUOTE]Rather than debate the facts of this thread, on the merits of which you have been crushed, you are instead parsing my sarcasm.

Pretend I had asked you to tell me more about how GE is a bunch of "libtard commies" instead of tree huggers, and proceed.[/QUOTE]

in your simple mind NBC is not a liberal media source because the parent company is a defense contractor....yet even though they congratulated themselves on being the first "green network" your claim your statement:

[QUOTE]Please tell us more about how GE is a bunch of tree-hugging libtards.[/QUOTE]

is irrelevant....yet I've been "crushed" on the merits of the facts.....classic liberal ignorance....

[QUOTE]Please tell me how or why General Electric is part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

once again another ignorant leftist is putting words in my mouth.....where did I claim there was any conspiracy??? or is that something else your delluded mind made up???

can you truly be that delluded or pompous to think the company that hires the likes of keith olbermann, sissy matthews, david schiester and considered giving rosie o'donnell a political talk show has anything other than a liberal agenda???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-07-2007 at 11:24 PM.

flushingjet
    [quote=nuu faaola;2252077]You're having a hard time with the fact that GE --the owner of the network you are deriding as a communist propaganda unit for not running some rightie Iraq ad-- is a huge defense contractor and an icon of free-market capitalism.

Rather than debate the facts of this thread, on the merits of which you have been crushed, you are instead parsing my sarcasm.

Pretend I had asked you to tell me more about how GE is a bunch of "libtard commies" instead of tree huggers, and proceed.

Please tell me how or why General Electric is part of a vast left-wing conspiracy. I'm waiting.[/quote]

nothing like parroting stink progress

ge an $150B co, does most of its business outside the us

maybe 30% of its business is military

however, its libtard propaganda arm-
    the nbc group including universal, nbc, msnbc and cnbc
    add $17B to revenues and are the
    very public left leaning face of the company

the odious arkin, olbermann with "news" specials and essays, matthews,
    mitchell, williams, todd, gregory, capus...
    the beat (offs) go on and on
    with no opposing conservative viewpoint counterweight

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=flushingjet;2252155]nothing like parroting stink progress

ge an $150B co, does most of its business outside the us

maybe 30% of its business is military

however, its libtard propaganda arm-
    the nbc group including universal, nbc, msnbc and cnbc
    add $17B to revenues and are the
    very public left leaning face of the company

the odious arkin, olbermann with "news" specials and essays, matthews,
    mitchell, williams, todd, gregory, capus...
    the beat (offs) go on and on
    [B]with no opposing conservative viewpoint counterweight[/B][/QUOTE]

that's not true FJ...they have that heavy hitter joe scarborough.....:rolleyes: I think they even gave the pink slip to the dope with the bow tie....

funny thing about that leftist network; they love loserman but fired Michael Savage because he was crude and rude....:rolleyes:

When I first heard this tonight while listening to Hannity and Colmes, my first thoughts were of Dawgggg. I am interested to know how he feels about the NBC / MSNBC home of KO and the programming he prefers to Fox rejecting an ad that simply supports the troops.

Jets Insider VIP

Are you kidding me???

Go here, sniff the daisies, apply for GE's "Earth Rewards" credit card and then tell yourself about it!

[url]http://ge.ecomagination.com/site/[/url]

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2252136]as for the fact that GE is a defense contractor, it is meaningless and has no bearing on your usual pathetic arguement[/QUOTE]

yeah the parent corporation that owns a company is meaningless fact

let's disregard it.