Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich Says...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Newt Gingrich Says...

Newt Gingrich recently described the current state of affairs in the United States as follows:

[I][B]“This is a center-right country caught between an incompetent right-wing party and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority left-wing party.” [/B][/I]

Do you agree or disagree with this statement ??

What is your definition of the current state of affairs in the country ??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds spot on!

Newt is no dummy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2253361]Newt Gingrich recently described the current state of affairs in the United States as follows:

[I][B]“This is a center-right country caught between an incompetent right-wing party and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority left-wing party.” [/B][/I]

What is your definition of the current state of affairs in the country ??[/QUOTE]

"This is a mostly ignorant and uncaring vaguely-right-leaning country caught between a completely incompetent and far too faith-based right-wing party and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority left-wing party who is much louder than they actually are large."

Fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all there's only one party, with 2 wings... so I'll assume we are substituting wing where it says party like so:

“This is a one-party center-right country caught between an incompetent right-wing and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority slightly-more-left-wing.”

And for the statement to be correct you'd have to change it like so:

“This is a one-party country caught between an incompetent evil right-wing and a incompetent left-wing.”

This country isn't center-right, polls consistently show that. Those who actually vote though skew it to appear center-right. Then again that was when voting mattered, ala pre-Coup d'etat of 2000
    Last edited by King Ryan; 12-09-2007 at 11:21 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2253408]"This is a mostly ignorant and uncaring vaguely-right-leaning country caught between a completely incompetent and far too faith-based right-wing party and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority left-wing party who is much louder than they actually are large."

Fixed.[/QUOTE]

even better...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree 100% ... especially as somebody who has helped in recent campaigns ... campaign efforts are unorganized and late minute.

[quote=Phoenixx;2253361]Newt Gingrich recently described the current state of affairs in the United States as follows:

What is your definition of the current state of affairs in the country ??[/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The left wing is militant?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2253435]The left wing is militant?[/QUOTE]

yeah really. what about the democrats is militant?

as for the 'center-right' leanings of the country

it depends on where you live

i would say outside of cities that's true

but the voting power isn't in the cornfields it's in the urban centers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2253445]as for the 'center-right' leanings of the country

it depends on where you live

i would say outside of cities that's true[/QUOTE]

I have lived outside the urban centers all my life. Trust me...it is waaaay more center than center-right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2253445]yeah really. what about the democrats is militant? [/QUOTE]

Um, you do know what the word "Militant" means, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2253408]"This is a mostly ignorant and uncaring vaguely-right-leaning country caught between a completely incompetent and far too faith-based right-wing party and a ruthlessly organized, energized, militant, minority left-wing party who is much louder than they actually are large."

Fixed.[/QUOTE]

I totally, totally agree. Especially the part about the ignorant, uncaring country. Nice sentence. Spot on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's Newt's wife doing these days?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does Newts wife have to do with it? You must be a Democrat! Newt actually has a brain I cant say that for any of the Democrats!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sunmou;2253665]What's Newt's wife doing these days?[/QUOTE]

Gingrich vs. Gingrich

Do you believe that you have conducted your private life in this marriage in accordance with the concept of 'family values' you have espoused politically and professionally?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2253415]This country isn't center-right, polls consistently show that. Those who actually vote though skew it to appear center-right. Then again that was when voting mattered, ala pre-Coup d'etat of 2000[/QUOTE]
    Probably, Newt is basing his statement on those who do vote--we haven't elected a liberal Prez since LBJ!

Still whining about the 2000 election, eh? Remember, Gore didn't even carry his own state or Arkansas home to his mentor, Bubba! If he had, FL would have been inconsequential!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say both sides are incompetent, ruthlessly organized, energized, and militant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixed.[/QUOTE]

I think this is spot on. Especially the faith based part.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2256170]I think this is spot on. Especially the faith based part.[/QUOTE]

So faith based voters should not be voting?:steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2257314]So faith based voters should not be voting?:steamin:[/QUOTE]

No. And neither should people who vote based on who they would rather have a beer with.

:steamin: :grouplaug