Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bahgdad Bob McDermott does it again- liberal hypocrisy at work!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bahgdad Bob McDermott does it again- liberal hypocrisy at work!

[QUOTE][B]Ho-ho-no: McDermott votes against Christmas
    Congressman backed Ramadan, Diwali
    By JOHN IWASAKI
    P-I REPORTER[/B]

Maybe you could call him Congressman McGrinch.

Rep. Jim McDermott supported House resolutions this fall to recognize the Islamic holiday of Ramadan and the festival of Diwali, celebrated by Hindus, Sikhs and Jains.

But the Washington Democrat drew the line at Christmas.

McDermott voted Tuesday against a resolution to recognize the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith.

The resolution, sponsored by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, passed 372-9. Democrats cast all the nay votes.

McDermott, revered by many of his liberal constituents in Seattle, could not be reached for comment Wednesday night. A staff member in his Seattle office said that "if you know the congressman, you'd know why" he opposed the resolution.

Neither the Ramadan nor the Diwali resolutions drew any opposition. No one spoke against the Christmas resolution -- which stated that Christianity was the predominant faith in the U.S. and contributed greatly to the development of Western civilization and America -- leading King to draw his own conclusion.

"I think there's an anti-Christian bias," King said. "I would not have thought that five or 10 years ago that we'd need to make a statement (affirming Christmas and Christianity). I've watched Christ be eradicated by ACLU lawsuits and people be afraid of confrontations. They wish (people) 'happy holidays' but not 'Merry Christmas' because they might be offended."

Ten representatives -- nine Democrats and one Republican -- voted "present" on King's resolution, meaning they did not take a position.

Forty representatives did not vote, including Rep. Norm Dicks, D-Wash. Dicks, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, missed the vote. Dicks was engaged in a heated discussion on spending in the committee's nearby offices, chief of staff George Behan said.

Dicks had "no reason to vote against" the resolution, which paled in importance "as we're trying to pass the appropriations bill to fund the entire federal government," Behan said.

King missed the vote, too, after being stranded by an ice storm in Iowa, but said his point was made.

"The people who voted 'no' and voted 'present' will also take Christmas Day off, and so will their staff," King said. "They'll take a paycheck while they deny the very reason for the day they do not have to work."

Excerpts from three recent House resolutions regarding religious observances:

RAMADAN

HR 635: "Acknowledges the onset of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting and spiritual renewal, and conveys its respect to Muslims in the United States and throughout the world on this occasion."

Approved 376-0

DIWALI

HR 747: "Acknowledges the onset of Diwali and expresses its deepest respect to Indian Americans and the Indian Diaspora throughout the world on this significant occasion."

Approved 358-0

CHRISTMAS

HR 847: "Acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith."

Approved 372-9
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/343335_mcdermott13.html[/url]

Great another waste of time with BS resolutions. The BS resolutions are a waste of taxpayer money!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2263153]Great another waste of time with BS resolutions. The BS resolutions are a waste of taxpayer money![/QUOTE]

So how would you have voted ??

I would of voted for "Who the F@ck cares". I will celebrate Christmas and I could give a f@ck what anyone else does.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2264003]So how would you have voted ??[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2264035]I would of voted for "Who the F@ck cares". [/QUOTE]

I'll take that as a "No".

Hall Of Fame
    It's Christmas time...

Jesus says buy stuff.

Buy, buy, buy.

That's why I died for you morons.

Trample each other...

To be the first buyers

at a Felines super-sale.

Jesus doesn't like losers.

It's Christmas time...

Buy your mistress a Lexus

to run over soup kitchen hobos.

Don't take the Christ out of Christmas

because I carried that cross

So you can have an Xbox.

People are dying

Stupid suckers

Accept Jesus Christ

and get a Target Gift Card

Because...

Nothing...

NOTHING...

honors me more.

Then savings.

Jesus saves...at First National Bank.

Jesus saves...and passes the savings on to you

Jesus saves...and get double reward miles

Christmas trees

And various pagan holidays

Have all become combined to honor me

I don't mind

Just buy your little brats some sh*t.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2270512]It's Christmas time...

Jesus says buy stuff.

Buy, buy, buy.

That's why I died for you morons.

Trample each other...

To be the first buyers

at a Felines super-sale.

Jesus doesn't like losers.

It's Christmas time...

Buy your mistress a Lexus

to run over soup kitchen hobos.

Don't take the Christ out of Christmas

because I carried that cross

So you can have an Xbox.

People are dying

Stupid suckers

Accept Jesus Christ

and get a Target Gift Card

Because...

Nothing...

NOTHING...

honors me more.

Then savings.

Jesus saves...at First National Bank.

Jesus saves...and passes the savings on to you

Jesus saves...and get double reward miles

Christmas trees

And various pagan holidays

Have all become combined to honor me

I don't mind

Just buy your little brats some sh*t.[/QUOTE]

as good a reason and justification for baghdad bob mcdermott to vote the way he did...I mean because a few morons exploit Christianity for selfish reasons and and use the name of Jesus for whatever gain doesn't mean mooslems do the same with the name of Mohammed...:rolleyes:

valid points as usual....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2271569]...I mean because a few morons exploit Christianity for selfish reasons and and use the name of Jesus for whatever gain doesn't mean mooslems do the same with the name of Mohammed...:rolleyes:
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Just a few.

One or two.

You can spin anyway you want. These resolutions are a joke! There are not worth anything and are a complete waste of time.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2270307]I'll take that as a "No".[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2271735]You can spin anyway you want. These resolutions are a joke! There are not worth anything and are a complete waste of time.[/QUOTE]

You only get to vote once...

How would you vote? Would you wrap yourself in a flag and scream how patriotic you are and then vote? You think this is worth voting on?

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2272275]You only get to vote once...[/QUOTE]

Hell I am all for including other holidays but damn... I don't even believe and I think that is F*cked up. Lame as all hell.

Like I said, I don't believe, but I would fight for your right to no matter what it is.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2272473]How would you vote? Would you wrap yourself in a flag and scream how patriotic you are and then vote? You think this is worth voting on?[/QUOTE]

LOL...You've gone into a meltdown over a simple question.

Relax..Take a deep breath..You're hyperventilating.

Oh, and by the way, I would have voted YES. :yes:
    ESPECIALLY if I had already taken time to vote YES on the same basic resolutions for MUSLIMS and HINDUS.

Seems rather hypocritical not to.

Which I kinda feel is why CBTNY posted the article in the first place.

Oh, and also I'm sure he wanted to see who would be the first one of the liberal persuasion to take the bait.

Congratulations...you win. :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 12-18-2007 at 10:27 AM.

First things first. Neither you or CBTNY would ever be there to vote. That would mean you actually make a sacrifice for you country and serve, not to mention both of you are unelectable.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2273200]LOL...You've gone into a meltdown over a simple question.

Relax..Take a deep breath..You're hyperventilating.

Oh, and by the way, I would have voted YES. :yes:
    ESPECIALLY if I had already taken time to vote YES on the same basic resolutions for MUSLIMS and HINDUS.

Seems rather hypocritical not to.

Which I kinda feel is why CBTNY posted the article in the first place.

Oh, and also I'm sure he wanted to see who would be the first one of the liberal persuasion to take the bait.

Congratulations...you win. :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!![/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2275079]First things first. Neither you or CBTNY would ever be there to vote. That would mean you actually make a sacrifice for you country and serve, not to mention both of you are unelectable.[/QUOTE]

Your response was cut off before you got to "Second things second".

Your "First things first" is an unclever attempt to try and change the subject.

This is not an issue of whether Congressional Resolutions are a waste of time, it's an issue of perceived hypocrisy.

Don't you think the Congressman is being a hypocrite in voting for the first two resolutions and against the third ??

If not, then please explain why you feel that way.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 12-19-2007 at 08:09 AM.

One thing that has never changed is that this Resolution sh!t is a total waste of time. I have said that all along. All there is in politics is hypocrisy. If I were in congress the first thing I would do is speak out about BS resolutions. They are worthless and accomplish nothing.

The next resolution to be passed is the acceptance of wide stances in stalls within a restroom. That would accomplish the same as this, absolutely nothing.

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2275241]Your response was cut off before you got to "Second things second".

Your "First things first" is an unclever attempt to try and change the subject.

This is not an issue of whether Congressional Resolutions are a waste of time, it's an issue of perceived hypocrisy.

Don't you think the Congressman is being a hypocrite in voting for the first two resolutions and against the third ??

If not, then please explain why you feel that way.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;2275373]One thing that has never changed is that this Resolution sh!t is a total waste of time. I have said that all along. All there is in politics is hypocrisy. If I were in congress the first thing I would do is speak out about BS resolutions. They are worthless and accomplish nothing.

The next resolution to be passed is the acceptance of wide stances in stalls within a restroom. That would accomplish the same as this, absolutely nothing.[/QUOTE]

Another "witty" retort without answering the question.

We all get that you think resolutions are useless..you have said that repeatedly. :rolleyes:

But the point of this thread..which you consistently avoid..is that the Congressman does not think that the resolutions are useless in that HE VOTED ON ALL THREE OF THEM.

So once more we go back to the unanswered question:

[B]Don't you think the Congressman is being a hypocrite in voting for the first two resolutions and against the third ??[/B]

Did you see the question above ??..
    I tried to help you..it's the [B]bolded[/B] part.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2275401]So once more we go back to the unanswered question:

[B]Don't you think the Congressman is being a hypocrite in voting for the first two resolutions and against the third ??[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

He changed his mind...

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2274172]Is EVERY change of position "politically expedient" ??

You have NEVER changed your mind on ANYTHING ??
    If that's true, you are not a very substantial person.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2275532]He changed his mind...[/QUOTE]

At least that's funnier than cr's responses... I mean lack of responses.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;2275539]At least that's funnier than cr's responses... I mean lack of responses.[/QUOTE]

responses?? more like delluded, psychotic, knee jerk responses with no substances....you can see him, er her now- drool down the side of her mouth, spit on the computer screen and a head about to explode as she frantically taps away at the "neo-cons"....