Thread: Romney's dog story

Romney's dog story

im sorry this has to be posted

[quote]
    But the dog story that's now the race's classic comes from the campaign of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who was actually proud of this story, which his own family apparently gave the Boston Globe as [b]an example of his cool, calm decision making.[/b] It seems that back in the early 1980's, Romney was taking his family on a vacation to Canada. It was a 12-hour drive, and he had his five little sons in the car, so he strapped his Irish Setter's crate to the roof with the dog inside, then told his kids -- one of whom was about three-years-old at the time -- that he had planned all the stops they'd be making and there wouldn't be any additional bathroom stops. There was one unplanned stop, though, when they noticed a brown fluid flowing down the back windshield. Some might take this as a sign that their dog was terrified, but not Romney. He had something of a different reaction, according to the Globe: "Romney coolly pulled off the highway and into a service station. There, he borrowed a hose, washed down Seamus [the dog] and the car, then hopped back onto the highway. It was a tiny preview of a trait he would grow famous for in business: emotion-free crisis management." It was also probably a violation of Massachusetts animal cruelty laws...[/quote]

i don't know what relevance this has to the race but it's a story that needed to be told

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

edit...

Romney has since looked back at what happend that day and has now decided he was wrong the dog should of been inside the car.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2273480]im sorry this has to be posted

i don't know what relevance this has to the race but it's a story that needed to be told[/QUOTE]

You got a link for that bitonti?

If that story is true... that just ain't right.

[url]http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/specials/romney/articles/part4_main/[/url]

[QUOTE=pauliec;2275139]You got a link for that bitonti?

If that story is true... that just ain't right.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2275377][url]http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2008/specials/romney/articles/part4_main/[/url][/QUOTE]

That article is such contrived bull****. I really don't like Romney at all.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2275627]That article is such contrived bull****. I really don't like Romney at all.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]The next morning, the wedding party and guests flew to Salt Lake City and in the spired Mormon temple, Mitt and Ann were ''sealed'' for eternity. [B]Because they were not Mormons, Ann's parents were not allowed inside.[/B][/QUOTE]

Nice...:cool:

[QUOTE]Yet Mitt eschewed the trappings of wealth. The family had no cook or full-time maid.[/QUOTE]

What's he trying to prove? Even I have a cook and a full-time maid.

[QUOTE]Romney stressed his own family values to create a contrast with Kennedy, who had a past reputation for womanizing. One commercial showed Mitt and Ann on their porch with glasses of lemonade. Asked to name his greatest personal failing, [B]Romney lamented that he only had time to help the needy one day a week.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-19-2007 at 12:18 PM.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2275627] I really don't like Romney at all.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If it wasn't for Thompson, Romney would be my least liked Republican candidate.

All Pro
    It's amazing how the media gives this guy a pass on everything..The guy has flip floped on every issue and will do and say anything to get elected. They also buried the story of the Judge he appointed that led to a murderer going free..Yet they go after Rudy for nonesense that happened 6 years ago..Glade to see Rudy went up in the current national poll.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 12-19-2007 at 01:40 PM.