Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Mike Huckabee wishes you a Merry Christmas

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Huckabee wishes you a Merry Christmas

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMUI2XExdIA[/url]

Right back at ya, Huckster

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone find it funny that Tax Hike Mike is denying he knew about the cross in his commercial? Yeah, we're that gullible, Suckabee.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So? Even if there is a cross in the commercial, where's the crime?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2276787]So? Even if there is a cross in the commercial, where's the crime?[/QUOTE]

Lock him up! Lock him up!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was great, naturally:) Funny thing is, there was a report on one news station that Hillary and Rudy are rishing out their own similar, "Tis the season commercials.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2276938]I thought it was great, naturally:) Funny thing is, there was a report on one news station that Hillary and Rudy are rishing out their own similar, "Tis the season commercials.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and Obama too. I saw Rudy's and Obama's on TV. Obama's was nice, it had his family around a tree and his little daughter says "Merry Christmas." Rudy's was just goofy, he was wearing a stupid red sweater and cracking jokes with a guy in a Santa suit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2276787]So? Even if there is a cross in the commercial, where's the crime?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with crosses.

I have one too.

Mine just happens to be on fire. Where is the crime...;)

JK...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe;2277119]i honestly think he didn't do it on purpose. its a book shelf, for christ's sake. (no pun intended)[/QUOTE]

if you know anything about the Mike Huckabee campaign, you KNOW it was done on purpose... that's his whole campaign right there!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of if it was intentional or not they are all doing what they believe they need to do to win.

My point...I don't have one but who really gives a flying hoot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an objective observer of the GOP race, I thought the ad was very effective. Don't underestimate Mike Huckabee.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe;2277744]i do know about huck's campaign, i think it was just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Interesting! You think a guy who goes out of his way to remind everyone how Christian he is (and at the same time displaying how Christian Romney isn't) at every possible turn, randomly has window framing that is perfectly shadowed to display a cross in the background? Don't forget his "Christian Leader" ad and almost all of his support is with born-again Christians

I'm blocked from watching the commercial from here at work, but if I recall it didn't seem like the shadow was natural or should have been where it was...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe;2277744]i do know about huck's campaign, i think it was just a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Oh, c'mon now. Really? Really?!?

I could care less. It's friggin' Christman. Even a heathen like me has a cross or two on my tree.

But that definitly wasn't by accident. They're slick. Somebody there saw that before they hit record.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2277215]As an objective observer of the GOP race, I thought the ad was very effective. Don't underestimate Mike Huckabee.[/QUOTE]

anyone who cant tell the difference between a book shelf and cross or is so simple minded that they are taken in by the imagery of this commercial should not be allowed to vote.

I dont know if it was purposely included in the shot, wouldnt be surprised. If it was done on purpose what does that say about Huck's perception of the American voter's intelligence?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mluongo;2277834]anyone who cant tell the difference between a book shelf and cross or is so simple minded that they are taken in by the imagery of this commercial should not be allowed to vote.

I dont know if it was purposely included in the shot, wouldnt be surprised. If it was done on purpose what does that say about Huck's perception of the American voter's intelligence?[/QUOTE]

Some people are just weak minded when it comes to religious symbolism its unnerving. Listen, at the onset it was most likely a coincidence. Surely, somebody realized what the bookshelf looked like during editing and certainly someone noticed it before distribution of the ad.

Regardless, it is effective.

By the way, I was looking at this window and saw the Virgin Mary.

[IMG]http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/window-bvm.jpg[/IMG]

and in this piece of toast...

[IMG]http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/RootWeb/actual%20virgin%20mary%20grilled%20cheese%20sandwich.gif[/IMG]

oh yeah, and in this ultrasound...

[IMG]http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/7/h/P/virgin_utero_lg.jpg[/IMG]

Geez people... its a friggin bookshelf. It looks like whatever you WANT it to look like.
    Last edited by JetFanTransplant; 12-20-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Pats* suck

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huckabee A Liberal Baptist Minister. There seems to be something wrong with that!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2277844]Some people are just weak minded when it comes to religious symbolism its unnerving. Listen, at the onset it was most likely a coincidence. Surely, somebody realized what the bookshelf looked like during editing and certainly someone noticed it before distribution of the ad.

Regardless, it is effective.

By the way, I was looking at this window and saw the Virgin Mary.

[IMG]http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/window-bvm.jpg[/IMG]

and in this piece of toast...

[IMG]http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/RootWeb/actual%20virgin%20mary%20grilled%20cheese%20sandwich.gif[/IMG]

oh yeah, and in this ultrasound...

[IMG]http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/7/h/P/virgin_utero_lg.jpg[/IMG]

Geez people... its a friggin bookshelf. It looks like whatever you WANT it to look like.[/QUOTE]
    The toast kind of looks like this guy.
    [IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Applewhite[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe;2277119]i honestly think he didn't do it on purpose. its a book shelf, for christ's sake. (no pun intended)[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a big deal or even worth mentioning but there's no way that was a coincidence. They planned it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mluongo;2277834]anyone who cant tell the difference between a book shelf and cross or is so simple minded that they are taken in by the imagery of this commercial should not be allowed to vote.

I dont know if it was purposely included in the shot, wouldnt be surprised. If it was done on purpose what does that say about Huck's perception of the American voter's intelligence?[/QUOTE]

I doubt the "cross" was planned, but when they looked at the result, said, "Hey, Christ was born to die on the cross, so it fits" and ran with it.

The most stupid response that I've seen was Ron Paul's--he quoted some guy about when facism comes to America it will be clothed in a flag with a cross. So a genuine Christian prez will bring in facism?? Give me a break!

As far as the American voter's intelligence? I've always felt that 90% of the voters are fairly smart, but it's the 10% stupid voters (like a friend of mine who voted for Clintoon b/c he was good looking) who decide the winner!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2279256]I've always felt that 90% of the voters are fairly smart...[/QUOTE]

You would be incorrect...