Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Who is the worst Dem candidate in your opinion?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

30 75.00%
  • Obama

2 5.00%
  • Edwards

2 5.00%
  • Biden

0 0%
  • Dodd

1 2.50%
  • Richardson

0 0%
  • Kucinich

2 5.00%
  • Gravel

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your least favorite Democratic Candidate?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is your least favorite Democratic Candidate?

Your least favorite Dem?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hilary. I wish I could vote twice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kucinich, with Clinton a close second.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2275736]Kucinich, with Clinton a close second.[/QUOTE]

I almost put Kucinich down, too. I can't stand what a self righteous dweeb he is.

But it has to be Hillary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha... very funny WF

make it say Democratic at least... why you all think that is funny or a slur just irritates me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276099]ha ha... very funny WF
    [/QUOTE]

He changed the title? The hidden hand of the fish...

I think changing thread titles would be a power i would abuse if I was a mod. It would be real hard not to in some cases...;):D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2276252]He changed the title? The hidden hand of the fish...

I think changing thread titles would be a power i would abuse if I was a mod. It would be real hard not to in some cases...;):D[/QUOTE]

I asked him to, but I asked for "Dem" and "GOP", not "Republican" and "Democrat"...

but he thinks that "Democrat" instead of "Democratic" as it should be is funny and a slur...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276271]I asked him to, but I asked for "Dem" and "GOP", not "Republican" and "Democrat"...

but he thinks that "Democrat" instead of "Democratic" as it should be is funny and a slur...[/QUOTE]

.:rolleyes::steamin:

What's the friggin difference? GOP = Republican, Democrat = Democratic. Is that wrong?

Know what, next time learn to friggin post before you come asking for changes, then ***** when the changes you request don't perfectly meet some hidden expectation.

There was no intent other than to accurately portray your question to the best of my abillity in the clearest way possible in the two second I had available to do it.

****s sake.:mad:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276271]I asked him to, but I asked for "Dem" and "GOP", not "Republican" and "Democrat"...

but he thinks that "Democrat" instead of "Democratic" as it should be is funny and a slur...[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. Yet another conspiracy from the resident JI conspiracy theorist.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2276290].:rolleyes::steamin:

What's the friggin difference? GOP = Republican, Democrat = Democratic. Is that wrong?

Know what, next time learn to friggin post before you come asking for changes, then ***** when the changes you request don't perfectly meet some hidden expectation.

There was no intent other than to accurately portray your question to the best of my abillity in the clearest way possible in the two second I had available to do it.

****s sake.:mad:[/QUOTE]

thanks for fixing it... and for the record, when I made it I thought I could get all the candidates names in one poll, both GOP and Dem... but I had to create 2 separate ones and it was too late

and you know all about GOPers considering "Democrat" to be a slur and a joke... don't play dumb

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... I can't see how Clinton can win the General election... so many people (myself included) would NEVER vote Hillary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2276304]Wow... I can't see how Clinton can win the General election... so many people (myself included) would NEVER vote Hillary.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... and it's interesting that it is people from all over the political spectrum! she would be toast

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276300]

and you know all about GOPers considering "Democrat" to be a slur and a joke... don't play dumb[/QUOTE]

I have never heard anything like that in my life. "Liberal", maybe. "Democrat"? As opposed to "Republican"?

I love your whacked out theories, but this one is just stupid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276300]and you know all about GOPers considering "Democrat" to be a slur and a joke... don't play dumb[/QUOTE]

Actually, I know no clue what you're talking about. I have never heard that before in my life, nor has a single Democrat EVER told me the term "Democrat" was offensive is some way......

Next time, instead of trying to be helpful, I'll just delete them and you can fix them your ****ing self.:mad:

For the record:

[QUOTE=Dictionary.com]dem·o·crat /ˈdɛməˌkræt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dem-uh-krat] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. an advocate of democracy.
    2. a person who believes in the political or social equality of all people.
    3. (initial capital letter) Politics. [B][U]a. a member of the Democratic party.[/U][/B]
    b. a member of the Democratic-Republican party. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-19-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2276329]Actually, I know no clue what you're talking about. I have never heard that before in my life, nor has a single Democrat EVER told me the term "Democrat" was offensive is some way......

Next time, instead of trying to be helpful, I'll just delete them and you can fix them your ****ing self.:mad:[/QUOTE]

Since you love Wikipedia so much:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(phrase[/url])

"Members of the Republican Party, from political commentators to President Bush himself, made especially extensive use of the term "Democrat Party" during the run-up to the 2006 midterm elections. In response to the growing use of the epithet in late 2006, a corresponding epithet for the Republican Party, the "Republic Party", began to circulate in liberal parts of the blogosphere; the previous Republican waves of usage had inspired the "Publican Party", but this failed to catch on.[20]

Democrats complained about the use of "Democrat" as an adjective in the 2007 State of the Union address by President Bush. "Like nails on a chalkboard," complained Clinton White House Chief of Staff John Podesta. Political analyst Charlie Cook attributed its use to force of habit rather than a deliberate epithet by Republicans: "[They] have been doing it so long that they probably don't even realize they're doing it."[14] On February 4, 2007, Bush joked in a speech to House Democrats, stating "Now look, my diction isn't all that good. I have been accused of occasionally mangling the English language. And so I appreciate you inviting the head of the Republic Party."[21] Additionally, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) repeatedly invoked the phrase "The Republic Party" on the floor of the United States House of Representatives in February 2007 while lambasting Congressional Republicans.[22]

Another corresponding noun-as-adjective response has also begun to circulate on the Internet: "The Republicans Party." [1][2][3] Members of the Democratic Underground have proposed that "Republicon Party" be used as a counter to the Republican adoption of "Democrat Party" as a putdown.[23] Sherman Yellen suggests "The Republicants" as suitably comparable in terms of negative connotation in an April 29, 2007 Huffington Post commentary[24]."

And dude chill out, you wanted to be a moderator so bad now you get to be one... you don't have to threaten people with your "power". You upset that your boy Thompson sucks or something? Get over it... they all do!

And I don't think Sean would like you deleting paying members threads/posts in an abuse of your power very much

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some do seem to get offended by it.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(phrase[/url])

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2276314]I have never heard anything like that in my life. "Liberal", maybe. "Democrat"? As opposed to "Republican"?

I love your whacked out theories, but this one is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

See Wiki article or search google with the following terms:

Bush
    "Democrat Party"

and report back to me

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2276347]Since you love Wikipedia so much:[/quote]

Fine, I stand corrected. However I have yet to memorize the entire database of Wikipedia, and maintain that I was unaware this was a supposed "insult".

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2276347]And dude chill out, you wanted to be a moderator so bad now you get to be one... you don't have to threaten people with your "power". You upset that your boy Thompson sucks or something? Get over it... they all do!

And I don't think Sean would like you deleting paying members threads/posts in an abuse of your power very much[/QUOTE]

A. Havn't threatened you in any form. And please, my "power" is by far the LEAST used among my fellow mods.:rolleyes:

B. It is perfectly acceptable to delete threads created in error, as you've already said these were. I am under no obligation as a Mod to correct your inabillity to use the forum correctly. Deleted is perfectly acceptable, you can always recreate it, correctly, yourself.

C. Could care less about Thompson particularly. He busted it would seem, so be it. Life goes on. I'm sure I'll find another candidate, I have plenty of time before the General Election.

What I do [B][U]not[/U][/B] appreciate is you asking for a favor, then complaining it wasn't done "right", making accusations, then calling me a liar. If you don't get why that would piss me off, so be it.

And once again, the Dictionary definies a member of the Democratic party as a Democrat. G.W. Bush does not define my terms, or my language. If you find "Democrat" offensive, I suggest you contact the various Dictionary companies to add that to their definitions. Till then, I will continue to use the term when discussing any individual members of the Democratic party.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WJGC;2276348]Some do seem to get offended by it.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(phrase[/url])[/QUOTE]

LOL.

WOW

So this is what people get bent out of shape about now? Vote for Change a year ago really worked out, because now we have righteous causes like this to fight against grammar mispronunciations. Go Democrats! I mean, "Members of the Democratic Party." Political Correctness run wild, much?

Tanginius, anyone else would be [B]embarrassed[/B] to so readily accept and blindly agree with something so irrelevant and bizarre as this. You really need a get a grip on more than a few things in life.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 12-19-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2276386]LOL.

WOW

So this is what people get bent out of shape about now? Vote for Change a year ago really worked out, because now we have righteous causes like this to fight against grammar mispronunciations. Go Democrats! I mean, "Members of the Democratic Party." Political Correctness run wild, much?

Tanginius, anyone else would be [B]embarrassed[/B] to so readily accept and blindly agree with something so irrelevant and bizarre as this. You really need a get a grip on more than a few things in life.[/QUOTE]

Go Democrats! is fine... "You are a Democrat" is fine...

when you say "Democrat Party" or "Democrat Candidate", it's a known thing in the political junkie world that it is a slur/insult/joke. I just think it's stupid and it bothers me that GOPers think that it is so clever and funny to, like Bush when he does it, pretend like they don't know and didn't mean it like that