Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: question

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    Back Off?????? I havent talked to her since this email. I woke up today to only find papers from her attorney on my front porch.
    Use the receipt of the papers as the line in the sand to end communication. The only hope here is that she gets a taste of the "being all alone" medicine like you have been tasting. To this point, she's in a win-win situation. She can move forward with her seperation plan -or- go back to you because you've made it easy for her to come back. She's very comfortable right now and she's feeling very empowered.

You need to turn the tables. Don't say a word to her directly or indirectly through a friend for a minimum of two weeks and see if she inquires about you. If she does, be coy about answering. If she doesn't, continue to act as if she's not alive. It's the only way.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Now if it were me, I would

-Hit the go gos:

Thats all the wisdom I can offer.
    ... i don't believe you fish-hooked ... i'm sure there is some more advice you can offer ...

... even if it's more of the same, i am looking forward to seeing it (err, i mean - hearing it) ...

... be a kind soul and pass along some more advice ...

l_j_r

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Pat, please also explain this to me:

"And that's why I willing to alter my lifestyle to save you."

Your lifestyle (drinking) I understand. What is it about stopping drinking "saves Lori"?

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Well I cant speak from experience, but a lot of the advice some other posters had about forgetting about her and not contacting her AT ALL would be my advice.

Its hard to tell you to live and act like a single man, since you're recently married, and sounds like you were a fun couple for the duration of it.

Now if it were me, I would

-Go out for a few beers:

-Hit the go gos:

Thats all the wisdom I can offer.
    It sounds like good advice, but you know, its hard not to be able to talk to her about things. We are married, not dating. Its not like we can just split. We have a house to pay for thats in both names, her car is in my name etc. It would be difficult to go 2 weeks without conversation on finances etc.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Pat, please also explain this to me:

"And that's why I willing to alter my lifestyle to save you."

Your lifestyle (drinking) I understand. What is it about stopping drinking "saves Lori"?

SAR I
    Maybe I was caught up with emotion at that point. I dont really know what that meant. All I know is that I am not an alcoholic, but I did promise her that I would control my drinking. I have gotten drunk many times as have many here!

And.......I did promise to pay more atention to her. I spent way to much time working on this house, leaving Lori alone for hours on end. I look back and remember night after night falling asleep in the basement, her in our bedroom, because I was so worn out from working, I couldnt make it to bed.

All Pro
    And to SAR...........her father is an alcoholic. Lori did drink in the past. It wasnt until she was diagnosed with irretable boul sysndrom that she cant drink. All of a sudden, if I drink casualy, im an alcoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post

wtf?
    reference to sars email above mine... jeez guys it was humor.

Jets Insider VIP
    It sounds like good advice, but you know, its hard not to be able to talk to her about things. We are married, not dating. Its not like we can just split. We have a house to pay for thats in both names, her car is in my name etc. It would be difficult to go 2 weeks without conversation on finances etc.
    You can never take any post I make seriously that has pics in it .

It sounds devastating, bro. I don't really have much life experience in that department to impart to you. Im just here to ***** about the Jets and post stupid pics and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Use the receipt of the papers as the line in the sand to end communication. The only hope here is that she gets a taste of the "being all alone" medicine like you have been tasting. To this point, she's in a win-win situation. She can move forward with her seperation plan -or- go back to you because you've made it easy for her to come back. She's very comfortable right now and she's feeling very empowered.

You need to turn the tables. Don't say a word to her directly or indirectly through a friend for a minimum of two weeks and see if she inquires about you. If she does, be coy about answering. If she doesn't, continue to act as if she's not alive. It's the only way.

SAR I
    And freeze the joint account on Monday.

Maybe I was caught up with emotion at that point. I dont really know what that meant. All I know is that I am not an alcoholic, but I did promise her that I would control my drinking. I have gotten drunk many times as have many here!

And.......I did promise to pay more atention to her. I spent way to much time working on this house, leaving Lori alone for hours on end. I look back and remember night after night falling asleep in the basement, her in our bedroom, because I was so worn out from working, I couldnt make it to bed.
    You're beating yourself up too much.

With all do respec to your ex, if you spent more time with her she would have complained that the house needed fixin.

You have no idea how well off you are without kids.

Financial stuff doesnt matter one bit.

You can always get the money back.

The house and car can be sold and it wil be a fresh start.

As far as divorce goes, you are not that bad off

Hang in there

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... i don't believe you fish-hooked ... i'm sure there is some more advice you can offer ...

... even if it's more of the same, i am looking forward to seeing it (err, i mean - hearing it) ...

... be a kind soul and pass along some more advice ...

l_j_r
    Some more advice for jfo, (and l_j_r) checking out boobs always makes me feel better:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    And freeze the joint account on Monday.
    ha.. You're not going to stop until he acknowledges this are you? I'm sure there are a lot more important things than money on Pats mind. In fact, I'd bet he'd give everything he had to her for another chance.

I get the money thing if you were her sugar daddy but I get the feeling they were equally contributuing monetarily to the relationship. Like most of us do. Takes a truly evil woman to empty the accts. From the scenario he described it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.

Id be buggin too man... look at her!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NyJeTsFaNx93 View Post

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You're beating yourself up too much.

With all do respec to your ex, if you spent more time with her she would have complained that the house needed fixin.

You have no idea how well off you are without kids.

Financial stuff doesnt matter one bit.

You can always get the money back.

The house and car can be sold and it wil be a fresh start.

As far as divorce goes, you are not that bad off

Hang in there
    Triple read this bro. It is the complete truth

no no no thank you lol...... look man... it didnt work out im sure there is waaaaay more going on here than your telling us and im sure u know this...

All League

Where did you get those?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

Who's that? not jfo's wife I hope?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Triple read this bro. It is the complete truth
    She is not even asking for anything. Her attorney gave me a list of things she wants and the most expesive thing is a couch.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Who's that? not jfo's wife I hope?
    Yep. you belive this guy posted this?