Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: question

Jeez, I can't believe this. There aren't many serious or "real" ongoing topics on JI, but jetsfanohion and Lori was one of them.

Were you guys together for Christmas? Had you split up a while ago? I read most of your letter and that seems to be the case.

The age difference is interesting. You seem to allude that it'll be easy for her to find someone else, but it's the end of the line for you. Try not to beat yourself up with that mindset. You dated for 6 years, meaning she was 18 when you met her. A lot of maturation goes on between 18 and 24, maybe th age thing is signifigant.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What happened in NY, Cle, and Pitts? You mentioned you never stole money from her for drugs. Was there an addiction involved? Drug binges? Did you cheat on her in NY, Cle, and Pitts? What happend?
    ... these are all very relevant ?'s, along with your touching on religious issues ...

... i can understand you not wanting to get into airing out the dirty laundry but you do need to clarify these issues more in order to give you a better response ...

... all that aside you have my sympathy & best wishes ...

... sorry to hear about your pain ...

l_j_r

damn, i'm very sorry , divorce has to suck

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Don't let others pursuade you-I love you, your husband as of now, -Pat
    who are the others trying to persuade her???

if they are family members and she's young then you could be beating your head against a wall.....

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    Well.........Im getting divorced. Married 7/7/07 Dated for 6 yrs. Any help is appreciated.
    From those of us who enjoyed your marriage vicariously, we are sorry to hear of this. I recommend you try counseling first before filing papers. Best of luck and whichever way it turns out, I wish you the best.

I'm a NJ divorce atty - from a legal perspective

for such a short term marriage you are not looking at alimony - so basically it is dividing the assets. Hopefully your marriage is new enough that you can trace who had what for premarital immunity. Be wary of her draining any accounts and do not comingle any assets.

Use an atty to draft the agreement and get you divorced but it is MUCH cheaper to go to the atty with an agreement in principle on how to split everything up.

Good luck!

BTW - from a relationship aspect - like one of the posters above - I clung to my HS sweetheart for a long time giving up all hand when the relationship was clearly over. Met my wife a few months later and realized what a pu$$y I had been for so long - best advice I can give you is try to fix it but show some backbone too - I have learned in my personal and professional life that chicks love to walk on a doormat!

I have to go to a boring family party in an hour, which is basically going to be me sitting on a couch while all of my elderly relatives catch up on how Florida is this time of year... but I can now bring my iPod touch along and use the wifi in my cousin's house to follow this thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I have to go to a boring family party in an hour, which is basically going to be me sitting on a couch while all of my elderly relatives catch up on how Florida is this time of year... but I can now bring my iPod touch along and use the wifi in my cousin's house to follow this thread.
    lol...

Hall Of Fame
    You were married in July and are getting a divorce already? What the f*ck is going on? That's like Hollywood sh*t.

What's the story?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HERDFAN1 View Post
    "I never stole money from you for drugs". That was ackwardly dropped into your letter. Is there an addiction issue driving her desire to get out of the marriage?

No....its just that a friend of hers boyfriend has done that and it really made my wife upset. So, I guess somehow I threw that in there.

No....its just that a friend of hers boyfriend has done that and it really made my wife upset. So, I guess somehow I threw that in there.
    Look at the bright side, you are jetsfanohio, not jetsfannj

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    or drain the accounts ASAP....
    That would be a bad idea.

All Pro
    What happened in NY, Cle, and Pitts? You mentioned you never stole money from her for drugs. Was there an addiction involved? Drug binges? Did you cheat on her in NY, Cle, and Pitts? What happend?
    I got drunk at Jets games in NY, Cle and Pitts. Her dad is an alcoholic. She took me getting plastered to heart

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Ive left all accounts alone. I havent made a deposit or withdrawl since last Tuesday

Ive left all accounts alone. I havent made a deposit or withdrawl since last Tuesday
    Are they joint accounts or solely in your name?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

it would be worse if she drained them first....

All Pro
    Are they joint accounts or solely in your name?
    Hey, thanks for al the advice first off.

We have one joint account that is our money from the wedding.

Hey, thanks for al the advice first off.

We have one joint account that is our money from the wedding.
    JFO, you're a good guy and you and I have spoken plenty of times, please take this advice from someone who's seen it firsthand too many times.

Call the bank (or firm, where ever it's held) first thing Monday morning and ask them to freeze the account.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

JFO, you're a good guy and you and I have spoken plenty of times, please take this advice from someone who's seen it firsthand too many times.

Call the bank (or firm, where ever it's held) first thing Monday morning and ask them to freeze the account.
    Even if he is trying to win her back? She is young, this could really piss her off and may kill any shot for him no?

Even if he is trying to win her back? She is young, this could really piss her off and may kill any shot for him no?
    Well yeah, there's always that. My old job brainwashed me though, so when it comes to stuff like this, I'm usually thinking from a dollars & cents standpoint.