Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1954

Thread: question

  1. #41
    Jeez, I can't believe this. There aren't many serious or "real" ongoing topics on JI, but jetsfanohion and Lori was one of them.

    Were you guys together for Christmas? Had you split up a while ago? I read most of your letter and that seems to be the case.

    The age difference is interesting. You seem to allude that it'll be easy for her to find someone else, but it's the end of the line for you. Try not to beat yourself up with that mindset. You dated for 6 years, meaning she was 18 when you met her. A lot of maturation goes on between 18 and 24, maybe th age thing is signifigant.

  2. #42
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,260
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What happened in NY, Cle, and Pitts? You mentioned you never stole money from her for drugs. Was there an addiction involved? Drug binges? Did you cheat on her in NY, Cle, and Pitts? What happend?
    ... these are all very relevant ?'s, along with your touching on religious issues ...

    ... i can understand you not wanting to get into airing out the dirty laundry but you do need to clarify these issues more in order to give you a better response ...


    ... all that aside you have my sympathy & best wishes ...

    ... sorry to hear about your pain ...



    l_j_r

  3. #43
    damn, i'm very sorry , divorce has to suck

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Don't let others pursuade you-I love you, your husband as of now, -Pat
    who are the others trying to persuade her???

    if they are family members and she's young then you could be beating your head against a wall.....

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    Well.........Im getting divorced. Married 7/7/07 Dated for 6 yrs. Any help is appreciated.
    From those of us who enjoyed your marriage vicariously, we are sorry to hear of this. I recommend you try counseling first before filing papers. Best of luck and whichever way it turns out, I wish you the best.

  6. #46
    I'm a NJ divorce atty - from a legal perspective

    for such a short term marriage you are not looking at alimony - so basically it is dividing the assets. Hopefully your marriage is new enough that you can trace who had what for premarital immunity. Be wary of her draining any accounts and do not comingle any assets.

    Use an atty to draft the agreement and get you divorced but it is MUCH cheaper to go to the atty with an agreement in principle on how to split everything up.

    Good luck!

    BTW - from a relationship aspect - like one of the posters above - I clung to my HS sweetheart for a long time giving up all hand when the relationship was clearly over. Met my wife a few months later and realized what a pu$$y I had been for so long - best advice I can give you is try to fix it but show some backbone too - I have learned in my personal and professional life that chicks love to walk on a doormat!

  7. #47
    I have to go to a boring family party in an hour, which is basically going to be me sitting on a couch while all of my elderly relatives catch up on how Florida is this time of year... but I can now bring my iPod touch along and use the wifi in my cousin's house to follow this thread.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,411
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I have to go to a boring family party in an hour, which is basically going to be me sitting on a couch while all of my elderly relatives catch up on how Florida is this time of year... but I can now bring my iPod touch along and use the wifi in my cousin's house to follow this thread.
    lol...

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    You were married in July and are getting a divorce already? What the f*ck is going on? That's like Hollywood sh*t.

    What's the story?

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by HERDFAN1 View Post
    "I never stole money from you for drugs". That was ackwardly dropped into your letter. Is there an addiction issue driving her desire to get out of the marriage?

    No....its just that a friend of hers boyfriend has done that and it really made my wife upset. So, I guess somehow I threw that in there.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    No....its just that a friend of hers boyfriend has done that and it really made my wife upset. So, I guess somehow I threw that in there.
    Look at the bright side, you are jetsfanohio, not jetsfannj

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    or drain the accounts ASAP....
    That would be a bad idea.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What happened in NY, Cle, and Pitts? You mentioned you never stole money from her for drugs. Was there an addiction involved? Drug binges? Did you cheat on her in NY, Cle, and Pitts? What happend?
    I got drunk at Jets games in NY, Cle and Pitts. Her dad is an alcoholic. She took me getting plastered to heart

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    That would be a bad idea.
    Ive left all accounts alone. I havent made a deposit or withdrawl since last Tuesday

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    Ive left all accounts alone. I havent made a deposit or withdrawl since last Tuesday
    Are they joint accounts or solely in your name?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    That would be a bad idea.
    it would be worse if she drained them first....

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Are they joint accounts or solely in your name?
    Hey, thanks for al the advice first off.

    We have one joint account that is our money from the wedding.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanohio View Post
    Hey, thanks for al the advice first off.

    We have one joint account that is our money from the wedding.
    JFO, you're a good guy and you and I have spoken plenty of times, please take this advice from someone who's seen it firsthand too many times.

    Call the bank (or firm, where ever it's held) first thing Monday morning and ask them to freeze the account.

  19. #59
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,375
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    JFO, you're a good guy and you and I have spoken plenty of times, please take this advice from someone who's seen it firsthand too many times.

    Call the bank (or firm, where ever it's held) first thing Monday morning and ask them to freeze the account.
    Even if he is trying to win her back? She is young, this could really piss her off and may kill any shot for him no?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Even if he is trying to win her back? She is young, this could really piss her off and may kill any shot for him no?
    Well yeah, there's always that. My old job brainwashed me though, so when it comes to stuff like this, I'm usually thinking from a dollars & cents standpoint.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us