Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catholic Church training hundreds of new exorcists

Banned

Catholic Church training hundreds of new exorcists

[QUOTE]ROME: The Catholic Church has vowed to "fight the Devil head-on" by training hundreds of priests as exorcists.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 82, the Exorcist in Chief, announced the initiative amid church concerns about growing worldwide interest in Satanism and the occult.

Under plans being considered, each bishop would have a group of priests in his diocese who were specially trained in exorcism and on hand to take action against "extreme Godlessness".

"Thanks be to God that we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on," Father Amorth said.

"Now bishops are to be obliged to have a number of established exorcists for their diocese. Too many bishops are not taking this seriously and are not delegating their priests in the fight against the Devil. You have to hunt high and low for a proper, trained exorcist.

"Thankfully Pope Benedict XVI believes in the existence and danger of evil, from the time he was in charge of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith."

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith deals with promoting and safeguarding Catholic beliefs. It was headed by the Pope when he was Cardinal Ratzinger, from 1982 until his election as Pope in 2005.

The Vatican is concerned that young people are being exposed to Satanism through the media, rock music and the internet.

All priests can perform exorcisms, but in reality only a select few are ever called on to do so. The rite involves gestures and prayers to invoke the power of God and stop the "demon" influencing its victim.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/vatican-to-train-more-exorcists/2007/12/30/1198949675461.html"]link[/URL]

Where are you Sackdance99?

[QUOTE] Under plans being considered, each bishop would have a group of priests in his diocese who were specially trained in exorcism and on hand to take action against "extreme Godlessness".[/QUOTE]

I suppose that if you believe witchcraft and satanism is real, then you believe in exorcists. :confused:

All I know is that God is not a Jet fan. :(

Veteran
    If you believe in God, do you have to believe in the devil?

[QUOTE=sect112row36;2297129]If you believe in God, do you have to believe in the devil?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you start believing in God and find out?

There are a million jokes that go along with this. Will they start at the all boys school first?

Watch out Belichik!

[QUOTE=Bill Parcells;2293806][URL="http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/vatican-to-train-more-exorcists/2007/12/30/1198949675461.html"]link[/URL]

Where are you Sackdance99?[/QUOTE]

He got banned while you were gone

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;2297643]There are a million jokes that go along with this. Will they start at the all boys school first?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you start believing in God and find out? ;)

If there were no human beings on Earth, would the concepts of good and evil even exist?

And here I thought they were training them to be pedophiles

Its about time!

All they had to do was read this forum and they would have known the demand for more exorcists has long since reached critical mass

:P

Banned
    So I guess the catholic church is done exploiting children and they're going to move on to people with mental illness.

What a fantastic organization that catholic church is.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    What a contradiction. How in the world can the Catholic church fight Satan if Satan himself is sitting up there at every single one of their masses?? This is hysterical. The Catholic church is teaching false doctrine and leading all their billions of members to hell. Every single Catholic church parking lot in this world should be empty, yet they are filled with people who are so incredibly lost and that is the shameful truth of it all. Father Gabriele Amorth will be in hell unless he repents for leading the lost astray and that is very unlikely.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2299632]What a contradiction. How in the world can the Catholic church fight Satan if Satan himself is sitting up there at every single one of their masses?? This is hysterical. The Catholic church is teaching false doctrine and leading all their billions of members to hell. Every single Catholic church parking lot in this world should be empty, yet they are filled with people who are so incredibly lost and that is the shameful truth of it all. Father Gabriele Amorth will be in hell unless he repents for leading the lost astray and that is very unlikely.[/QUOTE]

:barf:

:beam:

:chimp:

:banban:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2299632]What a contradiction. How in the world can the Catholic church fight Satan if Satan himself is sitting up there at every single one of their masses?? This is hysterical. The Catholic church is teaching false doctrine and leading all their billions of members to hell. Every single Catholic church parking lot in this world should be empty, yet they are filled with people who are so incredibly lost and that is the shameful truth of it all. Father Gabriele Amorth will be in hell unless he repents for leading the lost astray and that is very unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Question, not to start a fight, but I'm interested in your response.

I'm Catholic, but I hate the priests who molest young boys and I don't believe in the infallibility of the Pope. I personally believe in Evolution, not Creationism, and I also personally believe God honestly doesn't care that I believe in Evolution and not Creationism. I believe most of the book of Genesis was told to teach good lessons to unscientific people.

Am I going to hell just because I go to Catholic Church? Am I lost? If so, what makes me lost?

You must understand that if you intend to point out the lost and condemn a generality, that there are those in that generality who take exception. Especially those who must be in that generality but think differently.

You can PM the response if you wish. I'm not out to start a big argument.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=NYSE;2298858]So I guess the catholic church is done exploiting children and they're going to move on to people with mental illness.

What a fantastic organization that catholic church is.:yes:[/QUOTE]

LMAO
    Well done.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2298573]If there were no human beings on Earth, would the concepts of good and evil even exist?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NYSE;2298858]So I guess the catholic church is done exploiting children and they're going to move on to people with mental illness.

What a fantastic organization that catholic church is.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cuz that is all the Catholic church does is exploit people.

I am not a Catholic, and I know this is a bunch of :poop:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AJPerg;2299759]Question, not to start a fight, but I'm interested in your response.

I'm Catholic, but I hate the priests who molest young boys and I don't believe in the infallibility of the Pope. I personally believe in Evolution, not Creationism, and I also personally believe God honestly doesn't care that I believe in Evolution and not Creationism. I believe most of the book of Genesis was told to teach good lessons to unscientific people.

Am I going to hell just because I go to Catholic Church? Am I lost? If so, what makes me lost?

You must understand that if you intend to point out the lost and condemn a generality, that there are those in that generality who take exception. Especially those who must be in that generality but think differently.

You can PM the response if you wish. I'm not out to start a big argument.[/QUOTE]

Listen man, I'm not hating on Catholics. I go after the false teachers of the religion who teach the garbage they do to people who sit in those pews and have not a shred of knowledge of what God says in the bible. That includes the Pope for starters, the bishops, the priests. Every single one of them is headed to hell, period. Popular, no. Truthful, you bet.

First of all this is typical of a Catholic. How could you consider yourself a Catholic if you don't even believe in what the false religion teaches. You aren't even Catholic per say. You are lost because God says you are lost. If you aren't following God you belong to the devil, period. Obviously if you believe in Evolution you aren't following God therefore like a sheep you have gone astray. You must either accept God who He is or not. You can't take bits and pieces of what may fit your interests and create your own God. That is idolatry. This is way too deep to go through in just one post so you can feel free to PM me with thoughts and questions and I'd be happy to go over these things with you.

We are talking Eternity here buddy. You mess that up you have lost everything. I was a very staunch Catholic for a long time. I took the time to research their teachings and found they were contrary to what God said in the bible. Very few Catholics will ever read the bible which is why they are lost and stuck in a man made religion that is about traditions which can't do a thing for you eternally. Don't walk, RUN from the Catholic church. I'm telling you right now once you discover the truth of God you will never want to go back.
    Last edited by sackdance99; 01-04-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2299925]I'm telling you right now once you discover the truth of God you will never want to go back [I]to any church at all[/I].[/QUOTE]

Fixed