Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Stats on the MSM Effort to Black out the Edwards Campaign

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Stats on the MSM Effort to Black out the Edwards Campaign

Here's the link.

[url]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/12/31/141617/72/752/428416[/url]

The stats make it clear the MSM is trying to sink the Edwards campaign through lack of attention and brief negative commentary. The question is why?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They want a two headed race for the Democratic nomination between a woman and a black guy. It's a great story, it will sell, and Edwards is in the way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2298310]They want a two headed race for the Democratic nomination between a woman and a black guy. It's a great story, it will sell, and Edwards is in the way.[/QUOTE]

I think that is part of it.

But I would not underestimate that the MSM is controlled by corporate interests, and Edwards is the one who directly confronts control of our government and society by corporate interests.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2298318]I think that is part of it.

But I would not underestimate that the MSM is controlled by corporate interests, and Edwards is the one who directly confronts control of our government and society by corporate interests.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily buy that...Obama is pretty much in the same boat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder where the Media holds their ultra-secret Candidate-Avoidance Planning meeting.....

...I'm thinking a Bunker, deep within a dark and forboding mountain, with some nice dark grey clouds (and lightning of course) in some far corner of one of those empty mid-America States. You know, big Walls outside, soldiers with special inginia for the "Super-Dooper-Secret-Media-Force" logo, James Bond-like super villan spy-killers, etc, etc, etc.

It would have to be a really big bunker though. There is alot of media. Wonder what the membership fee is.....

Oh, and cue the Ron Paul Conspiracy Theory Proponents in three......two.......one.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298324]I wonder where the Media holds their ultra-secret Candidate-Avoidance Planning meeting.....

...I'm thinking a Bunker, deep within a dark and forboding mountain, with some nice dark grey clouds (and lightning of course) in some far corner of one of those empty mid-America States. You know, big Walls outside, soldiers with special inginia for the "Super-Dooper-Secret-Media-Force" logo, James Bond-like super villan spy-killers, etc, etc, etc.

It would have to be a really big bunker though. There is alot of media. Wonder what the membership fee is.....[/QUOTE]

I know you are being sarcastic, but I believe that it's as much of a subconscious decision as it is a conscious one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2298330]I know you are being sarcastic, but I believe that it's as much of a subconscious decision as it is a conscious one.[/QUOTE]

The irony here, of course, being that the Media (and yes, DailyChaos IS part of the media) is the one making this claim in the first place......

....guess they didn't get the Anti-Edwards-at-All-Costs memo. Maybe their fax machine was down?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats even funnier, is that when a similar report comes out comparing Media's number of positive articles/pieces on Democrat Candidates vs. positive articles/pieces on Republicans (and the gross discrepancy in numbers between them), it's no big deal, just Republican Conspiracy whining.

This thread has no end to it's entertainment value.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298324]I wonder where the Media holds their ultra-secret Candidate-Avoidance Planning meeting.....[/QUOTE]

Bilderberg. ;)

Of course...if they have nothing to hide, why not let in a camera or two? Is it that us serfs are to dumb to understand what the power brokers in the world are saying?

:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298338]The irony here, of course, being that the Media (and yes, DailyChaos IS part of the media) is the one making this claim in the first place......

....guess they didn't get the Anti-Edwards-at-All-Costs memo. Maybe their fax machine was down?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the stats?

Perhaps not. But if you did...

What is your explanation for the huge difference in coverage?

Also, Obama is not the anti-corporate candidate by any means. Please. Check the facts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298355]Whats even funnier, is that when a similar report comes out comparing Media's number of positive articles/pieces on Democrat Candidates vs. positive articles/pieces on Republicans (and the gross discrepancy in numbers between them), it's no big deal, just Republican Conspiracy whining.

This thread has no end to it's entertainment value.[/QUOTE]

Stop being such a jerk. What is your explanation for the huge difference in coverage?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fyi, anyone who thinks the Daily Kos is MSM doesn't understand the meaning of the term.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2298360]Did you read the stats?

Perhaps not. But if you did...

What is your explanation for the huge difference in coverage?[/QUOTE]

Did I read them? Nope. Don't buy the premise in any form, so why read some silly stats.

Here's a suggestion. Do a Search on DailyChaos for each Candidate. Total up the number of articles on each one.

And then tell me why they have such a horrible bias against Bill Richardson.;)

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2298363]Stop being such a jerk. What is your explanation for the huge difference in coverage?[/QUOTE]

My explaination is: Edwards is not a Favorite. Not in the Polls. Not in Reality. Two people have a chance to win the Dem. nomination, and neither is named Edwards. Edwards was an abject failure as VP Candidate, and he will be an abject failure as Pres. candidate as well.

And no, it's not because of a Media Comspiracy.

You're awful sensative today Blocker. Maybe you should take a break for a while.....not every post in here requires (or is worthy) of such utter, angry, seriousness.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards is the only candidate who has spoken about the need to lessen concentration of media ownership and the corporate control thereof.

Talking about whether the Times or NBC are lefty outlets compared to Fox is beside the point. They all know how their bread is buttered.

They all have an interest in maintaining the status quo in respect of corporate control of media.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298371]Did I read them? Nope. Don't buy the premise in any form, so why read some silly stats.

Here's a suggestion. Do a Search on DailyChaos for each Candidate. Total up the number of articles on each one.

And then tell me why they have such a horrible bias against Bill Richardson.;)

My explaination is: Edwards is not a Favorite. Not in the Polls. Not in Reality. Two people have a chance to win the Dem. nomination, and neither is named Edwards. Edwards was an abject failure as VP Candidate, and he will be an abject failure as Pres. candidate as well.

And no, it's not because of a Media Comspiracy.

You're awful sensative today Blocker. Maybe you should take a break for a while.....not every post in here requires (or is worthy) of such utter, angry, seriousness.[/QUOTE]

No need to look? You prefer to be ignorant. I see a pattern in you on this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I don't need to understand any more than I already do!"

"Why? Because I know my preconceptions are beyond dispute!"

Who is angry? I find revealing statements such as yours immensely entertaining, if a bit disturbing.

Thanks for the laughs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2298371]My explaination is: Edwards is not a Favorite. Not in the Polls. Not in Reality.[/QUOTE]

You don't think the media plays a part in that? Not even a little?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2298382]You don't think the media plays a part in that? Not even a little?[/QUOTE]

For such an avowed cynic, War comes across as awfully naive at times.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not be wet blanket but part of the reason there are so many multi candidate headlines without him is because. Hillary (and her staffers) have been attacking Barack Hussein OBama and vice versa.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense, but there is no way in hell I am reading anything from DailyKos, thanks. Anyone can produce stats to support any position they want to support. And Kos is a complete and total joke. (no offense to you guys). He's Ann Coulter, only inverted and more feminine.

And Edwards is a f*cking hack of a used car salesman. He's the phoniest, slimiest politician I can remember in my lifetime. I literally laugh at his commercials. "Corporate greed is robbing your children of their future..." Hilarious.

Serious question - do you guys actually lap that sh*t up? Are you honestly not even noticing that he's talking down to you, as if you are ignorant children? Anyone with even a remedial understanding of economics and history can see through this nonsense. He counts on people being ignorant and/or stupid enough to believe this garbage.

I'll never get tired of the platform of the Democrats: "Your lives are horrible, it's not your fault and there's nothing whatsoever you can do about it...except vote for us." The thing is, Edwards doesn't even try to hide this message - he comes right out and says it directly.

Too funny, man. Too funny. Edwards is the WORST candidate running out of all of them. I'd rather Dennis Kucinich and his UFOs and goth wife than this ambulence-chasing douche....