Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Top 32 players via my internet survey...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 32 players via my internet survey...

of value boards and mock drafts. The results are the average placing of these players. Some appear on almost every list, some not as often. Unscientific data of that there is no question but it does show some partial trends.

Overall Rank Avg Rank Std Dev. Full Name
    1 2.38 2.22 Dorsey, Glenn
    2 2.62 1.53 McFadden, Darren
    3 3.55 1.76 Long, Jake
    4 6.10 5.91 Long, Chris
    5 6.38 3.94 Brohm, Brian
    6 7.57 5.56 Ryan, Matt
    7 9.95 6.71 Laurinaitis, James
    8 10.00 4.43 Ellis, Sedrick
    9 10.33 3.03 Phillips, Kenny
    10 11.10 3.93 Jenkins, Malcolm
    11 11.94 5.95 Woodson, Andre
    12 14.39 5.65 Campbell, Calais
    13 15.00 7.94 Gholston, Vernon
    14 16.32 6.39 Connor, Dan
    15 16.67 5.61 Rivers, Keith
    16 17.29 5.65 Clady, Ryan
    17 17.70 6.27 Jackson, DeSean
    18 18.13 8.55 Cason, Antoine
    19 18.28 7.60 Harvey, Derrick
    20 19.32 6.91 Baker, Sam
    21 20.71 8.56 Stewart, Jonathan
    22 20.75 7.99 Groves, Quentin
    23 20.75 8.75 Maualuga, Rey
    24 22.06 9.92 Jenkins, Mike
    25 24.94 10.42 Kelly, Malcolm
    26 25.67 12.38 Doucet, Early
    27 26.00 10.16 Mendenhall, Rashard
    28 26.42 9.94 Oher, Michael
    29 26.58 7.93 Cherilus, Gosder
    30 27.22 15.13 Slaton, Steve
    31 28.54 14.15 Manningham, Mario
    32 29.07 8.43 Smith, Reggie

(Formatting will probably suck on this since I pasted from my spreadsheet.)

Also, if anyone would like an early version of my mock draft creator spreadsheet (where this info came from) just send me a pm and an email address and I'll send you the sheet. Of course this early many things are not complete on the sheet but if anyone wants an early look fire off a pm.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would hands down take the 7th rated played before the 6th rated player. I agree with this chart for the most part. I still don't have a clue how some people are rating Connor above Little Animal... I also think Gholston is ranked a bit low.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=player1322;2299409] I still don't have a clue how some people are rating Connor above Little Animal... I also think Gholston is ranked a bit low.[/QUOTE]

because teams value people who show the willingness to put up with BS that comes with earning a college degree. seniors usually contribute quicker than juniors, pretty much across the board, regardless of position.

really nice work beer i think the players at 5,6,7 will be in play for Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2299558]because teams value people who show the willingness to put up with BS that comes with earning a college degree. seniors usually contribute quicker than juniors, pretty much across the board, regardless of position.

really nice work beer i think the players at 5,6,7 will be in play for Jets[/QUOTE]

You really overvalue senior prospects because they're seniors IMO. Little Animal is a superior athlete and prospect...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2299567]You really overvalue senior prospects because they're seniors IMO. Little Animal is a superior athlete and prospect...[/QUOTE]

GGI it's not rocket science - it's not a stretch to say a guy who is willing to go to class and get a degree will also be willing to study extra film and do the right thing during the week to get ready for the game.

Also this isn't about what I personally want it's about what the JEts want.

Fans might want the junior flavor of the week but i don't see Tangini thinking that way when it comes time to draft. these guys want low risk. Revis was low risk junior but most aren't like that.

Some juniors like Revis can show a maturity beyond their years but most don't contribute from day 1 like he did.

Most either get hurt or have a redshirt year as a rookie, if they have the workout measurables that earn them a high pick. ps i will have a lauriaitis vs connor discussion if animal declares. I can admit animal is a better prospect but for whatever reason i want to hear him declare first. I still feel like he might stay a year, don't ask me why.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The interesting thing is that it shows the prospect tiers so to speak that we were talking about on here the other day.

Dorsey and McFadden are quite close but a bit ahead of Jake Long, then there is a bit of a gap and along comes Chris Long, Brohm and Ryan, then comes a group of about 4 other players. The standard deviation number is significant as well as the lower that number is the lower the variation in where people placed that player. For instance Kenny Phillips has quite a low std of 3.03, this means most people who rated him had him right around that 9 spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=player1322;2299409]I would hands down take the 7th rated played before the 6th rated player. I agree with this chart for the most part. I still don't have a clue how some people are rating Connor above Little Animal... I also think Gholston is ranked a bit low.[/QUOTE]

Gholston is definitely on the rise from the 1st round of updates I did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2299591]GGI it's not rocket science - it's not a stretch to say a guy who is willing to go to class and get a degree will also be willing to study extra film and do the right thing during the week to get ready for the game.

Also this isn't about what I personally want it's about what the JEts want.

Fans might want the junior flavor of the week but i don't see Tangini thinking that way when it comes time to draft. these guys want low risk. Revis was low risk junior but most aren't like that.

Some juniors like Revis can show a maturity beyond their years but most don't contribute from day 1 like he did.

Most either get hurt or have a redshirt year as a rookie, if they have the workout measurables that earn them a high pick. ps i will have a lauriaitis vs connor discussion if animal declares. I can admit animal is a better prospect but for whatever reason i want to hear him declare first. I still feel like he might stay a year, don't ask me why.[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can prefer it but it's totally fine with me if a kid leaves early. It might be important to you but not to the majority of NFL scouts so I don't think they should be penalized.

If someone told me I'd have a multi-million career waiting after my junior year, I'd go. You can always go back and get a degree. You won't be in top shape you're entire life.

Some kids also struggle a lot with school. After reading Meat Market and hearing about Michael Oher, kids go to school who can't read. The NFL is a way out of the ghetto and I don't blame these kids one bit if they want to go pro and support themselves or family..

It doesn't show more dedication or whatever for kids to stay in school all four years...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Beerfish. Ill be interested to see how this changes in the coming weeks when team considerations are a bit more known.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say I agree with bit if we're talking about linebackers, linemen too on both sides, but definitely linebackers.

Good stuf Fish, interesting to see Woodson above Campbell and Gholston, though I do agree Calais as a pure athlete should be ranked higher than Gholston.

Cason aboce Jenkins I definitely dissagree with for the time being.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cason seems to be an extremely polarizing prospect...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2299678]Cason seems to be an extremely polarizing prospect...[/QUOTE]

If you look at the standard deviation for Cason it is 8.55, a fair bit higher than the players around him thus he's been placed higher and lower than his average spot quite often. I haven't heard too many good words about him on here but he shows up on alot of the value boards or mocks.