Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawkeye Caucus Results

Hawkeye Caucus Results

Romney really did bad (considering all the $$$ and organization). If Romney loses NH to McCain, he may be knocked out of the race.

Edwards did better than expected ... as I predicted. Democrat race too close to call. Bad night for Hillary (the big time frontrunner only getting 30% of the vote). She will pull out all the stops though ... and probably win in NH or a big upcoming state ... and the media will be calling her the comeback kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

how'd ron paul and his revolution do???

or was that Prince and the revolution???

or is it the howard dean revolution???

I get all these revolutions mixed up......

Democrats (84%)

Obama 37%
    Edwards 30%
    Clinton 30%
    Richardson 2%

[quote=Come Back to NY;2299542]how'd ron paul and his revolution do???

or was that Prince and the revolution???

or is it the howard dean revolution???

I get all these revolutions mixed up......[/quote]

All Pro
    Obama will win. He's has 37% compared to Clinton and Edwards both at 30% with 80% of precincts reporting.

Paul got 10% on the Republican side.

Republicans

Huckabee 34%
    Romney 25%
    Thompson 14%
    McCain 13%
    Paul 10%
    Giuliani 4%
    Hunter 1%
    [URL="http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#32884"][B][/B][/URL]

No revolution for Dr. Paul

If Paul can only get 10% in the Iowa caucus, he has no chance. The caucuses get low turnout and somebody like Paul ... this was his opportunity to get a highly skewed percent ... especially considering candidates like Thompson, McCain, and Giuliani didn't put much into the state.

[quote=parafly;2299552]Obama will win. He's has 37% compared to Clinton and Edwards both at 30% with 80% of precincts reporting.

Paul got 10% on the Republican side.[/quote]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=angry jets fan;2299565]If Paul can only get 10% in the Iowa caucus, he has no chance. The caucuses get low turnout and somebody like Paul ... this was his opportunity to get a highly skewed percent ... especially considering candidates like Thompson, McCain, and Giuliani didn't put much into the state.[/QUOTE]

He never had a chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=angry jets fan;2299565]If Paul can only get 10% in the Iowa caucus, he has no chance. The caucuses get low turnout and somebody like Paul ... this was his opportunity to get a highly skewed percent ... especially considering candidates like Thompson, McCain, and Giuliani didn't put much into the state.[/QUOTE]

remember the howard dean revolution????

he was a real threat....that was until the voting started.....

Hall Of Fame

Did anyone realy expect Paul to get more than 10%.. So much for another revolution. Now he can go away with all the other revolutionites.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2299594]Did anyone realy expect Paul to get more than 10%..[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159382[/url]

[QUOTE]So much for another revolution. Now he can go away with all the other revolutionites.[/QUOTE]

the cultists will be claiming the voting was rigged, or he didn't get enough air time, or this or that...

Romney is done if he loses NH ... over ... because after that the primaries go to the South ... as does Romney's support

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney losses in NH he will drop out and throw his support behind McCain.

why are you guys so surprised about Rommney? You can't win a Republican primary without support of evangelicals and they aren't supporting a Mormon, it's just that simple. They didn't get kicked out of every state in the union so that conservatives could elect one president.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2300067]why are you guys so surprised about Rommney? You can't win a Republican primary without support of evangelicals and they aren't supporting a Mormon, it's just that simple. They didn't get kicked out of every state in the union so that conservatives could elect one president.[/QUOTE]

That is rather simple minded.

Huckabee is talking about reorienting the GOP to be more concerned about Main Street than Wall Street. Romney focussed his efforts on establishing his conservative bona fides to counter his image as a governor of a blue state, and it didn't work. In other words, Romney was fighting yesterday's battle, while Huckabee was fighting today's.

Hall Of Fame

I was impressed with 10% in IA for Dr. Paul...

low turnouts in a caucus wouldn't help him, IA isn't a place where Dr. Paul would be expected to do very well. I expect he will fair better in NH... however with Obama's big win, Indys will turn out in higher numbers to vote for him rather than in the NH primary which hurts McCain and Dr. Paul

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Big Blocker;2300110]That is rather simple minded.

Huckabee is talking about reorienting the GOP to be more concerned about Main Street than Wall Street. Romney focussed his efforts on establishing his conservative bona fides to counter his image as a governor of a blue state, and it didn't work. In other words, Romney was fighting yesterday's battle, while Huckabee was fighting today's.[/QUOTE]

Considering Evangelicals made up 3/5s of the GOP caucus goers last night, and Huck did quite will among them while doing quite poorly (I heard 14%) with the non-Evangelicals... I'd say Bitonti has a good point

that being said, in NH the Evangelical vote won't matter so Huckabee is looking at a lesser finish (3rd? 4th?)

[QUOTE=Tanginius;2300118]Considering Evangelicals made up 3/5s of the GOP caucus goers last night, and Huck did quite will among them while doing quite poorly (I heard 14%) with the non-Evangelicals... I'd say Bitonti has a good point[/QUOTE]

To consider it the only factor is simple minded.

We will get a better feel for this if Huckabee finishes well in NH where there are far fewer evangelicals. If he fails to crack the top three there, given McCain's strong effort and Romney being from Mass, then I will be prepared to concede Iowa was mostly the simple math of evangelicals and their antipathy to Mormonism. But if he does crack the top three...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2299602][url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159382[/url]

the cultists will be claiming the voting was rigged, or he didn't get enough air time, or this or that...[/QUOTE]
    [SIZE="1"]I hear the whisper getting louder!:rolleyes: [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Big Blocker;2300110]That is rather simple minded.
    [/QUOTE]

ochams razor my friend

it's not rocket science, it's a popularity contest. I grew up evangelical and trust me when i say these people don't like Mormons. it really is that simple.

I read a column in Newsday that thought the strong showings by both Obama and Huckabee were as much an indication that people want change from the same old same old. Obama and Huckabee present what the author called fresh, newer ideas.

Time will tell:)