Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see

The Amount of votes for Democrats in the Iowa caucus a total of 100 votes.
    I guess there aren't to many Democrats in Iowa or they think they all suck!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about? There was record turnout on both sides of the aisle last night, and the Democrats easily outnumbered the Republicans.

[QUOTE]DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) A wide-open race in both parties sparked a record turnout Thursday in Iowa's caucuses, far exceeding previous contests.

Projections showed a turnout of 220,588 for Democrats, compared to 124,000 who participated in 2004. Most projections had estimated turnout would be about 150,000.

Turnout was also up on the Republican side, where projections showed about 114,000 people taking part.

The last contested Republican caucuses in 2000 drew 87,666 in caucuses won by then-Gov. George W. Bush.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsR4-0ltoj4-0HVDYQSpspC2cbfQD8TUQGFO0"]http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsR4-0ltoj4-0HVDYQSpspC2cbfQD8TUQGFO0[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the 220,000 caucusers on the Dem side are no match for the 110,000 GOP ones!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2300089]The Amount of votes for Democrats in the Iowa caucus a total of 100 votes.
    I guess there aren't to many Democrats in Iowa or they think they all suck![/QUOTE]

those are delegates not total voters

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2300108]What are you talking about? There was record turnout on both sides of the aisle last night, and the Democrats easily outnumbered the Republicans.[/QUOTE]

Republicans tend to have jobs. This is why Democrats would opt for civil war rather than change election day to a Saturday. Why Democrats would give not only convicted felons, but actual prisoners the right to vote if they could do so without fallout.

By the way, is it too late to undo the women's right to vote? Who can I talk to about this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2300198]Republicans tend to have jobs. This is why Democrats would opt for civil war rather than change election day to a Saturday. Why Democrats would give not only convicted felons, but actual prisoners the right to vote if they could do so without fallout.

By the way, is it too late to undo the women's right to vote? Who can I talk to about this?[/QUOTE]

The caucuses are in the evening. Most working people can attend no problem.

And, yesterday, they did: It was the highest turnout in the history of the Iowa Caucus.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2300198]Republicans tend to have jobs.[/QUOTE]

So do Democrats. The 5% national unemployment rate covers everyone, not just Republicans.

In any case, nice attempt at an excuse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How come Huckabee had 13,000 plus votes and Obama had 39 votes. You do know what Iowa means.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2300457]How come Huckabee had 13,000 plus votes and Obama had 39 votes. You do know what Iowa means.[/QUOTE]

Delegates versus votes. Apples and oranges.

Compared to Huckabee, Obama got a larger percentage of votes in a voter pool that was twice as big.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2300089]The Amount of votes for Democrats in the Iowa caucus a total of 100 votes.
    I guess there aren't to many Democrats in Iowa or they think they all suck![/QUOTE]

[B]We salute you...[/B]
    [IMG]http://www.nealosis.com/demo/playlists/album/art/97.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2300198].

By the way, is it too late to undo the women's right to vote? Who can I talk to about this?[/QUOTE]

Just start stoning them for various reasons....as a man of god im sure you have a long list of offenses in your back pocket.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2300198]

Maybe you could do something about the people who vote for "someone they would rather have a beer with" or people who vote for "hope and change".

Unless of course it's someone who is named Hope, who has a plan and the change that adds up to the dollars that we would get to keep in our pockets instead of giving it to the government.:D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2300460]Delegates versus votes. Apples and oranges.

Compared to Huckabee, Obama got a larger percentage of votes in a voter pool that was twice as big.[/QUOTE]

Haha... this is hysterical. I know the caucus process is a little different, but to think that only 100 Democrats voted in all of Iowa.

Please god tell me this is sarcastic!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What's worse is that people who make comments like this will be voting

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2300776]What's worse is that people who make comments like this will be voting[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this time they won't get sheeped into voting for someone who is more stupid than the average person.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2300109]yeah the 220,000 caucusers on the Dem side are no match for the 110,000 GOP ones![/QUOTE]

The reason why so Democrats came to vote was to vote against Hillary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the GOP voters would of showed up if Rudy ran in Iowa.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2301927]The reason why so Democrats came to vote was to vote against Hillary.[/QUOTE]

flushingjet
    [quote=cr726;2302231]Maybe the GOP voters would of showed up if Rudy ran in Iowa.[/quote]

"would of" ?

flushingjet
    [quote=Sharrow;2301787]Hopefully this time they won't get sheeped into voting for someone who is more stupid than the average person.[/quote]

Nah, you & john D student kerry are not on the ballot this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYSE;2300690]Just start stoning them for various reasons....as a man of god im sure you have a long list of offenses in your back pocket.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll just stone you for mistaking me for someone else.